Oconomowoc family searching for missing dog
An Oconomowoc family is desperate to find their beloved BaileighJo, Samoyed breed, who went missing on Nov. 28.
Sharon Hoyer handed out photos of BaileighJo to a crowd leaving the Destination Oconomowoc meeting Monday night in hopes someone might have seen her.
The dog belongs to her daughter, Annelore, who has Ausberger's syndrome. "To her, losing BaileighJo is so much more than losing a pet, for she sees her as the child she might never have.
"Annelore cares for BaileighJo with a loving heart and is teaching her and doing positive training. She is doing a great job because BaileighJo shines with confidence and oozes love," said Hoyer.
Hoyer said the dog disappeared the afternoon of Wednesday, Nov. 28. She was on her leash in the backyard of their home at 731 Thackeray Trail.
"She had been out for less than 10 minutes, only for us to find her leash in a pile with hasp intact. We headed out immediately looking for her by car and on foot and found no clues. We have continued to search daily in surrounding neighborhoods and outlying areas," but with no luck, Hoyer said.
She said Monday that the family has posted nearly a thousand posters in the area and on mailboxes, and has contacted the police, shelters and veterinarians. The information is also posted on Facebook's "Lost Dogs of Wisconsin" and Craigslist. But as of Monday, the family still has not been contacted.
"Some professionals we have talked with have suggested that the evidence points to her having been stolen," said Hoyer.
BaileighJo is 11 months old, 20 inches and 45 pounds, and microchipped. Hoyer said she should be wearing her florescent rainbow collar with a medallion bearing the phone number of the microchip registry.
If you have information, call Hoyer at (414) 614-0125.
- News IQ: May 26, 2016
- In Brief: Legion band, graduation and beautiful yards
- Oconomowoc Police Chief Dave Beguhn to retire by end of year
- Oconomowoc High School wins Outstanding Musical in the state for sixth time in seven years
- Where's roadwork taking place this summer in Lake Country? Check out our roundup of projects
- Oconomowoc Public Education Foundation grants awarded to local school programs
- Survey shows support for Oconomowoc elementary school upgrades, cool on high school plans (5)
- Oconomowoc Lake home featured as Wisconsin Breast Cancer Showhouse
- Lt. Mike LaVenture to retire from Oconomowoc Fire Department
- In Brief, May 19, 2016: Trivia, veterans, Shorehaven and rare disorder