First Bank donates meals
For the second year in a row, First Bank Financial Centre (FBFC) and Ebert's Greenhouse joined forces to raise money to purchase Thanksgiving meals for the needy in the Oconomowoc area. Working through the Oconomowoc Urgent Needs Fund (OUNF), local families in need were identified and contacted regarding this community effort.
FBFC and Ebert's partnered with the Oconomowoc Piggly Wiggly to purchase food items for these meals. "Tammy and Dan at Piggly Wiggly were incredibly helpful, and very diligently worked to purchase the largest quantity of food for our donation. In fact, we were able to feed 16 more families this year, than last, all while working with a local, community-minded grocery store," said Jodi Schwefel of FBFC's Corporate Marketing Department.
During October, Ebert's Greenhouse donated $1 for every pumpkin sold for a grand total donation of $1,000. On Nov. 14, FBFC and Ebert staff assembled 50 Thanksgiving meals, and the families were able to collect the meals that same day at First Congregation Church in Oconomowoc.
In keeping with the holiday spirit, a similar meal drive will take place during the month of December. If you're interested in donating to feed local families a traditional Christmas meal, please Rev. Stephen Welch at (262) 567-4461.
Additionally, donations toward this effort can be made at any First Bank Financial Centre in c/o the Oconomowoc Urgent Needs Fund.
- Oconomowoc's watershed program selected to received federal funding
- Meet your Neighbor: New Oconomowoc School Board member Jessica Karnowski
- Oconomowoc Chamber to host Leadership Over Lunch series
- Contributions sought to get students, teachers, administrators in icy waters
- Proposed food production facility in Village of Summit could boost tax base by $25 million
- Opening young minds and hearts to opera in Ixonia
- Oconomowoc man gets $2.5 million in medical malpractice suit settlement
- Oconomowoc common council approves survey map for new condo project
- Herro says Oconomowoc council taking votes before totally understanding issues
- Oconomowoc High School softball field gets upgrades thanks in part to anonymous donor