First Bank donates meals
For the second year in a row, First Bank Financial Centre (FBFC) and Ebert's Greenhouse joined forces to raise money to purchase Thanksgiving meals for the needy in the Oconomowoc area. Working through the Oconomowoc Urgent Needs Fund (OUNF), local families in need were identified and contacted regarding this community effort.
FBFC and Ebert's partnered with the Oconomowoc Piggly Wiggly to purchase food items for these meals. "Tammy and Dan at Piggly Wiggly were incredibly helpful, and very diligently worked to purchase the largest quantity of food for our donation. In fact, we were able to feed 16 more families this year, than last, all while working with a local, community-minded grocery store," said Jodi Schwefel of FBFC's Corporate Marketing Department.
During October, Ebert's Greenhouse donated $1 for every pumpkin sold for a grand total donation of $1,000. On Nov. 14, FBFC and Ebert staff assembled 50 Thanksgiving meals, and the families were able to collect the meals that same day at First Congregation Church in Oconomowoc.
In keeping with the holiday spirit, a similar meal drive will take place during the month of December. If you're interested in donating to feed local families a traditional Christmas meal, please Rev. Stephen Welch at (262) 567-4461.
Additionally, donations toward this effort can be made at any First Bank Financial Centre in c/o the Oconomowoc Urgent Needs Fund.
- Federal school lunch program guidelines tough to chew at OHS
- Retired Waukesha County Circuit Court Judge Pat Snyder, 79, dies
- In brief: Healing, charity, food
- Cooney educational grants approved
- Ski jumper Keck inducted into Oconomowoc High School Wall of Fame
- Oconomowoc principal leaves to take post in Whitefish Bay
- Oconomowoc Area School District reaches Top 10 ranking for fifth time
- School Board approves mobile technology plan
- Oconomowoc Utilities warns customers about water line insurance
- The Oconomowoc Arts Center brings George Burns back to life in 'Say Goodnight Gracie'