First Bank donates meals
For the second year in a row, First Bank Financial Centre (FBFC) and Ebert's Greenhouse joined forces to raise money to purchase Thanksgiving meals for the needy in the Oconomowoc area. Working through the Oconomowoc Urgent Needs Fund (OUNF), local families in need were identified and contacted regarding this community effort.
FBFC and Ebert's partnered with the Oconomowoc Piggly Wiggly to purchase food items for these meals. "Tammy and Dan at Piggly Wiggly were incredibly helpful, and very diligently worked to purchase the largest quantity of food for our donation. In fact, we were able to feed 16 more families this year, than last, all while working with a local, community-minded grocery store," said Jodi Schwefel of FBFC's Corporate Marketing Department.
During October, Ebert's Greenhouse donated $1 for every pumpkin sold for a grand total donation of $1,000. On Nov. 14, FBFC and Ebert staff assembled 50 Thanksgiving meals, and the families were able to collect the meals that same day at First Congregation Church in Oconomowoc.
In keeping with the holiday spirit, a similar meal drive will take place during the month of December. If you're interested in donating to feed local families a traditional Christmas meal, please Rev. Stephen Welch at (262) 567-4461.
Additionally, donations toward this effort can be made at any First Bank Financial Centre in c/o the Oconomowoc Urgent Needs Fund.
- Oconomowoc Summer Farmers Market season to kickoff May 7
- Overnight freeway, ramp closures on Highway 67 in Oconomowoc set for May 5 (1)
- In brief: Parent conferences at Oconomowoc High School
- Pig wins energy prize
- Second annual OCD Walk to be held June 18 at Fowler Park in Oconomowoc
- Successful summit helps Oconomowoc quest to become dementia friendly community
- In brief: Civil War, dinner under the stars
- MBA spring tour open through May 1
- Video: For Delafield's Jason Dibb, Walk MS in Oconomowoc is personal
- Sweet Mullets in Oconomowoc brews up new owner, fulfills a dream