First Bank donates meals
For the second year in a row, First Bank Financial Centre (FBFC) and Ebert's Greenhouse joined forces to raise money to purchase Thanksgiving meals for the needy in the Oconomowoc area. Working through the Oconomowoc Urgent Needs Fund (OUNF), local families in need were identified and contacted regarding this community effort.
FBFC and Ebert's partnered with the Oconomowoc Piggly Wiggly to purchase food items for these meals. "Tammy and Dan at Piggly Wiggly were incredibly helpful, and very diligently worked to purchase the largest quantity of food for our donation. In fact, we were able to feed 16 more families this year, than last, all while working with a local, community-minded grocery store," said Jodi Schwefel of FBFC's Corporate Marketing Department.
During October, Ebert's Greenhouse donated $1 for every pumpkin sold for a grand total donation of $1,000. On Nov. 14, FBFC and Ebert staff assembled 50 Thanksgiving meals, and the families were able to collect the meals that same day at First Congregation Church in Oconomowoc.
In keeping with the holiday spirit, a similar meal drive will take place during the month of December. If you're interested in donating to feed local families a traditional Christmas meal, please Rev. Stephen Welch at (262) 567-4461.
Additionally, donations toward this effort can be made at any First Bank Financial Centre in c/o the Oconomowoc Urgent Needs Fund.
- OASD and KM talk about teen drinking
- Oconomowoc's new Theatre on Main needs $17,000 to pay off building costs
- Park Lawn second grade teacher chosen as Kohl Fellowship recipient
- Proposed Oconomowoc watershed rehab program praised by common council (1)
- Mourning Democratic leader Dick Pas
- Oconomowoc council votes down early revision of school e-cig ban
- In brief: Microbrewer, water park passes
- House sustains minor damage in March 22 fire
- Oconomowoc council approves easement tied to Highway 67 underpass
- Police probe missing money from sale of school district scrap material