First Bank donates meals
For the second year in a row, First Bank Financial Centre (FBFC) and Ebert's Greenhouse joined forces to raise money to purchase Thanksgiving meals for the needy in the Oconomowoc area. Working through the Oconomowoc Urgent Needs Fund (OUNF), local families in need were identified and contacted regarding this community effort.
FBFC and Ebert's partnered with the Oconomowoc Piggly Wiggly to purchase food items for these meals. "Tammy and Dan at Piggly Wiggly were incredibly helpful, and very diligently worked to purchase the largest quantity of food for our donation. In fact, we were able to feed 16 more families this year, than last, all while working with a local, community-minded grocery store," said Jodi Schwefel of FBFC's Corporate Marketing Department.
During October, Ebert's Greenhouse donated $1 for every pumpkin sold for a grand total donation of $1,000. On Nov. 14, FBFC and Ebert staff assembled 50 Thanksgiving meals, and the families were able to collect the meals that same day at First Congregation Church in Oconomowoc.
In keeping with the holiday spirit, a similar meal drive will take place during the month of December. If you're interested in donating to feed local families a traditional Christmas meal, please Rev. Stephen Welch at (262) 567-4461.
Additionally, donations toward this effort can be made at any First Bank Financial Centre in c/o the Oconomowoc Urgent Needs Fund.
- The Oconomowoc Art Center gears up for the 2016-17 season
- Memorial Day events muster patrotism in Oconomowoc
- A new Oconomowoc city attorney may soon be found, officials say
- News IQ: May 26, 2016
- In Brief: Legion band, graduation and beautiful yards
- Oconomowoc Police Chief Dave Beguhn to retire by end of year
- Oconomowoc High School wins Outstanding Musical in the state for sixth time in seven years
- Where's roadwork taking place this summer in Lake Country? Check out our roundup of projects
- Oconomowoc Public Education Foundation grants awarded to local school programs
- Survey shows support for Oconomowoc elementary school upgrades, cool on high school plans (5)