Fall Gallery Night in downtown Oconomowoc on Friday, Nov. 2
Warmer temperatures are forecast for Friday offering a good opportunity to take a stroll through downtown Oconomowoc during Downtown Oconomowoc Merchants Association's Fall Gallery Night XXXIV from 5 to 9 p.m.
Along with local wares and specials offered Friday will be artists at participating downtown businesses. These include wildlife artist Bill Koelpin Jr. at Sherpers, water color artist Bonnie Konitzer at Alterations & Fine Tailoring, multimedia ironwork artist and sculptor Christina Graziano at Whelans Coffee & Ice Cream. Whelans will also have face painting from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
Other artists announced are watercolorist Kathleen Jahn at May's Garden Center, artwork by Silver Lake Middle School students will be on display at Jennifer & Co. at 123 E. Wisconsin Ave. Beverly Designs will feature Esther Ann Brown's "Re-Creations" of vintage hats, Brown will also show different ways to wear scarves and silk flower pins. Ambiance Salon will host a Wish Party.
Also returning is the popular free carriage rides through downtown sponsored by First Bank Financial Centre. Free fire safety is offered by Snyder Insurance. The business is giving away free smoke detector batteries.
- The Oconomowoc Art Center gears up for the 2016-17 season
- Memorial Day events muster patrotism in Oconomowoc
- A new Oconomowoc city attorney may soon be found, officials say
- News IQ: May 26, 2016
- In Brief: Legion band, graduation and beautiful yards
- Oconomowoc Police Chief Dave Beguhn to retire by end of year
- Oconomowoc High School wins Outstanding Musical in the state for sixth time in seven years
- Where's roadwork taking place this summer in Lake Country? Check out our roundup of projects
- Oconomowoc Public Education Foundation grants awarded to local school programs
- Survey shows support for Oconomowoc elementary school upgrades, cool on high school plans (5)