Fall Gallery Night in downtown Oconomowoc on Friday, Nov. 2
Warmer temperatures are forecast for Friday offering a good opportunity to take a stroll through downtown Oconomowoc during Downtown Oconomowoc Merchants Association's Fall Gallery Night XXXIV from 5 to 9 p.m.
Along with local wares and specials offered Friday will be artists at participating downtown businesses. These include wildlife artist Bill Koelpin Jr. at Sherpers, water color artist Bonnie Konitzer at Alterations & Fine Tailoring, multimedia ironwork artist and sculptor Christina Graziano at Whelans Coffee & Ice Cream. Whelans will also have face painting from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
Other artists announced are watercolorist Kathleen Jahn at May's Garden Center, artwork by Silver Lake Middle School students will be on display at Jennifer & Co. at 123 E. Wisconsin Ave. Beverly Designs will feature Esther Ann Brown's "Re-Creations" of vintage hats, Brown will also show different ways to wear scarves and silk flower pins. Ambiance Salon will host a Wish Party.
Also returning is the popular free carriage rides through downtown sponsored by First Bank Financial Centre. Free fire safety is offered by Snyder Insurance. The business is giving away free smoke detector batteries.
- Proposed Oconomowoc watershed rehab program praised by common council
- Mourning Democratic leader Dick Pas
- Oconomowoc council votes down early revision of school e-cig ban
- In brief: Microbrewer, water park passes
- House sustains minor damage in March 22 fire
- Oconomowoc council approves easement tied to Highway 67 underpass
- Police probe missing money from sale of school district scrap material
- Wisconsin DOT to update local business owners on Highway 67 construction
- The OAC will enter spring and summer run with ComedySortz
- Mediocre storyline, lackluster characters infiltrate 'Insurgent'