Fall Gallery Night in downtown Oconomowoc on Friday, Nov. 2
Warmer temperatures are forecast for Friday offering a good opportunity to take a stroll through downtown Oconomowoc during Downtown Oconomowoc Merchants Association's Fall Gallery Night XXXIV from 5 to 9 p.m.
Along with local wares and specials offered Friday will be artists at participating downtown businesses. These include wildlife artist Bill Koelpin Jr. at Sherpers, water color artist Bonnie Konitzer at Alterations & Fine Tailoring, multimedia ironwork artist and sculptor Christina Graziano at Whelans Coffee & Ice Cream. Whelans will also have face painting from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
Other artists announced are watercolorist Kathleen Jahn at May's Garden Center, artwork by Silver Lake Middle School students will be on display at Jennifer & Co. at 123 E. Wisconsin Ave. Beverly Designs will feature Esther Ann Brown's "Re-Creations" of vintage hats, Brown will also show different ways to wear scarves and silk flower pins. Ambiance Salon will host a Wish Party.
Also returning is the popular free carriage rides through downtown sponsored by First Bank Financial Centre. Free fire safety is offered by Snyder Insurance. The business is giving away free smoke detector batteries.
- Oconomowoc's Shorehaven to close its adult day center
- Summit is abuzz over Redemptorist 'Brother Beekeeper'
- First ever SUP Fest coming to Oconomowoc this weekend
- GoPro perspective: Training with Oconomowoc's world-class log rollers
- The Oconomowoc Arts Center stage is set for the upcoming season
- Oconomowoc man leads Lions Eye Bank transport system of corneas for transplant
- Work on Highway 16 bridges in Oconomowoc to begin next week
- Work in full swing at Veterans Memorial Park in Oconomowoc
- 'Paper Towns' leaves something to be desired
- Yoga on the Green benefits participants and the community