Fall Gallery Night in downtown Oconomowoc on Friday, Nov. 2
Warmer temperatures are forecast for Friday offering a good opportunity to take a stroll through downtown Oconomowoc during Downtown Oconomowoc Merchants Association's Fall Gallery Night XXXIV from 5 to 9 p.m.
Along with local wares and specials offered Friday will be artists at participating downtown businesses. These include wildlife artist Bill Koelpin Jr. at Sherpers, water color artist Bonnie Konitzer at Alterations & Fine Tailoring, multimedia ironwork artist and sculptor Christina Graziano at Whelans Coffee & Ice Cream. Whelans will also have face painting from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
Other artists announced are watercolorist Kathleen Jahn at May's Garden Center, artwork by Silver Lake Middle School students will be on display at Jennifer & Co. at 123 E. Wisconsin Ave. Beverly Designs will feature Esther Ann Brown's "Re-Creations" of vintage hats, Brown will also show different ways to wear scarves and silk flower pins. Ambiance Salon will host a Wish Party.
Also returning is the popular free carriage rides through downtown sponsored by First Bank Financial Centre. Free fire safety is offered by Snyder Insurance. The business is giving away free smoke detector batteries.
- New Oconomowoc garbage service increases number of recyclable materials
- Oconomowoc school reaches fundraising goal to help school in Cambodia
- Pottery convention brings hundreds of people to Oconomowoc in February
- Cancer fighters find support with services through Tricia's Troops and Piggly Wiggly stores in Ocono
- Ybdi Islami's competency still in question after second marathon hearing
- Oconomowoc responds to misconduct allegations, denies any wrongdoing
- OAC's Cabaret Café dishes up Reel Love for Valentine's Day
- Two Oconomowoc houses razed recently by Fowler Lake Village project team
- Pick 'n Save workers pitch in to help a colleague injured in a fall at home
- New interim Oconomowoc schools chef Jennifer Truchan has passion for cooking