Fall Gallery Night in downtown Oconomowoc on Friday, Nov. 2
Warmer temperatures are forecast for Friday offering a good opportunity to take a stroll through downtown Oconomowoc during Downtown Oconomowoc Merchants Association's Fall Gallery Night XXXIV from 5 to 9 p.m.
Along with local wares and specials offered Friday will be artists at participating downtown businesses. These include wildlife artist Bill Koelpin Jr. at Sherpers, water color artist Bonnie Konitzer at Alterations & Fine Tailoring, multimedia ironwork artist and sculptor Christina Graziano at Whelans Coffee & Ice Cream. Whelans will also have face painting from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
Other artists announced are watercolorist Kathleen Jahn at May's Garden Center, artwork by Silver Lake Middle School students will be on display at Jennifer & Co. at 123 E. Wisconsin Ave. Beverly Designs will feature Esther Ann Brown's "Re-Creations" of vintage hats, Brown will also show different ways to wear scarves and silk flower pins. Ambiance Salon will host a Wish Party.
Also returning is the popular free carriage rides through downtown sponsored by First Bank Financial Centre. Free fire safety is offered by Snyder Insurance. The business is giving away free smoke detector batteries.
- Oconomowoc chili competition to raise money for military veteran causes
- Torchy Dames, World War II vet and service organization leader, dies at 95
- Enviromental presentations offered in Oconomowoc with coffee
- Tannahill Weavers to bring Celtic spirit to the Oconomowoc Arts Center stage
- The Oconomowoc High School Band Aids to host the annual jazz dance on Friday, Feb. 27
- Veterans Memorial Park project gets volunteer help from Oconomowoc High School students
- Once a foster kid, Ixonia student's service project helps other children entering foster care
- Oconomowoc Area School District could lose $800,000 in aid under proposed state budget
- Oconomowoc man revived by Stone Bank EMTs hoping to pay it forward
- Oconomowoc senior recognized by the Rotary Club for overcoming formidable challenges