Make plans for a good cause next weekend
Proceeds from Rotary BrewFest go to local charities
City of Oconomowoc - The Oconomowoc Rotary Club is busy brewing up some fun. Its seventh annual BrewFest will be held from 6-9 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 9, at Olympia Resort.
Some 400 people are expected to attend which has attracted 24 vendors to sign on to bring a wide variety of beverages for participants to sample.
"Although we call it BrewFest we really should call it fermentation fest, because in addition to some of the most delicious beers from the Midwest you will also find a large variety of wines from the west coast, Europe and South America," explained organizer Mike Herro.
"That's not all. We will also feature a variety of locally produced vodkas and some taste surprises. You just got to show up to taste them," he added.
The $40 ticket also includes hours de oeuvres, a choice of two meal stations that will be provided from 6 to 8 p.m., offering an "American Station" with hamburgers, brats, condiments and potato salad or a "Taste of Italy" station that features a chef's choice of pastas with marinara sauce, Alfredo sauce, grilled chicken, Italian sausage and breadsticks. You can satisfy your sweet tooth with the chocolate fountain dessert station and a snack station.
Enjoy your fill of food and spend the evening drinking beer, wine, vodka and soda with a clear conscience, knowing that money raised from the event will go to help worthy causes.
In addition to providing an evening of fun, BrewFest also helps Rotary to make inroads on its charitable endeavors.
Half of the proceeds from the event will benefit local causes, while the balance will go to the organization's international effort to eradicate polio.
"Festivals like this one give everyone the opportunity to educate their palate to determine what style of beer or wine they truly enjoy expeditiously and more importantly have some fun and knowledge along the way," Herro said.
"The local brewpubs will be well represented showing off their finest beers and you will get a chance to meet the brew masters and discuss the finer aspects of brewing," he added.
Herro said that the event will again offer a program that will provide transportation home if needed.
"We will again have the safe ride home program in place to keep our roads and our patrons safe," Herro said.
Tickets are $40 and can be purchased by visiting the Rotary's website, http://www.oconomowocrotary.org/.
- Two OASD board members face three challenges in primary election
- Oconomowoc school administrators testify in support of making school shooting threats a felony
- Freeway, ramp closures coming soon along Highway 67 in Oconomowoc
- Gas leak that caused evacuations of seven homes blamed on vehicle striking a meter
- Oconomowoc High School Players present the senior directed show 'Almost, Maine'
- In brief: Recycling, chili
- Upcoming events
- Disney's 'The Little Mermaid JR' opening soon at The New Theatre on Main in Oconomowoc
- Music event at Olympia Resort in Oconomowoc results in 23 arrests, felony charges (10)
- First ever Lake Country Film Festival to feature work created by area high school students