Nature Hill Intermediate School's(NHI) Forensics Team earned fourth place state honors at the Middle Level Forensics Association's (MLFA) State Tournament held on Saturday, March 23 at Neenah High school. The NHI Forensics Team faced off against 87 schools from across the state with more than 1,600 competitors in 17 different categories.
"NHI brought a gifted group of performers to state. They are ready for the competition marathon with all of these other schools. I am proud of everything they have accomplished this season and what they will accomplish. They deserve it!" said Forensics Coach Melissa Krahn.
Fifty percent of the team advanced to the final round or Power Round of competition which set the team up for success because of their performances.
NHI had two entries rank third in the entire state, David Chadwick and Jack Margelofsky in Special Event Speech and Emma Laabs in Poetry Interpretation.
"I was nervous and there were a lot of great people out there. We did our best and whatever happens, happens. It was so much fun and worth it," said Laabs and Dagenais about the Power Round.
Also advancing to the Power Round was Katie Kalinka and Carleigh Heintz in Group Acting; Alex Carter and Haley Dagenais in Group Acting; Ryan Marincic in Humorous Solo Acting; and Leah Rodewald in Persuasive Speech.
"We worked hard all season and it payed off. We made it to the Power Round," said Kalinka.
Rodewald commented, "It was nice to see other competitors from other parts of the state. It made things more interesting to watch."
Fifteen students forming 12 entries each earned 111 points at three separate forensic meets to qualify for the MLFA State Meet. These students were Katie Kalinka and Carleigh Heintz in Group Acting; Alex Carter and Haley Dagenais in Group Acting; Ryan Marincic and
Megan Lange in Humorous Solo Acting; Tanner Hallett in Impromptu Speaking; Kyleagh Hill in Informative Speech; Leah Rodewald and Ki Kahldasahl in Persuasive Speech; Emma Laabs in Poetry; Emma Bast and Madison Jordan in Prose; and Jack Margelofsky and David Chadwick in Special Event Speech.
- Oconomowoc will get a little bit of Italy with Bella Gusto Italian deli
- Tickets on sale now for The New Theatre on Main's production of 'I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change!'
- No harm no foul for baby duck at Oconomowoc Golf Course
- Ebert's Greenhouse mourns death of co-owner Ron Ebert
- Highway 67 construction reminder: ramps, roadways still closed
- Winckler leaves Oconomowoc for New Berlin schools
- Revising downtown Oconomowoc redevelopment laws mulled by officials
- Foolery's in Oconomowoc threatened with liquor license revocation (1)
- Oconomowoc Arts Center showing dark but hopeful "A Day for Grace"
- Reel World: 'No Escape' offers uncomfortable suspense