Oconomowoc woman is fearful of stalker
Timothy Zoellick, 50, was charged on Dec. 3 with one count of stalking and four counts violating of previous harassment injunction.
On several occasions in November, Town of Oconomowoc Police Department Officers were notified that Zoellick, who resides in Watertown, was seen near the workplace and residence of an Oconomowoc woman who has a restraining order against him. The complaint shows that Zoellick has a lengthy criminal history and has approximately 20 prior convictions for violating a restraining order.
He had reportedly been seen driving a maroon 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix with sesquicentennial plates, and has apparently been seen in the Village of Summit near Valley Road, where the woman works. She had seen him on Nov. 10 and other witnesses have placed him there on Nov. 24, according to the complaint. She told police that she is "very afraid" especially now that she learned Zoellick is checking on her place of employment. The report describes her as "clearly shaken up" and frightened.
Again, on Nov. 18 the Oconomowoc woman was reported to have seen Zoellick's car, this time while she was driving with her boyfriend northbound on Nelson Drive. She told police that she was immediately frightened and they turned the car around in an attempt to follow Zoellick. He reportedly sped up and turned abruptly.
Again, the woman's neighbor spotted Zoellick's car on Nov. 27 and followed Zoellick while his wife called the police. They had seen it in the neighborhood several times recently and had been very "creepy." The neighbor told police that it was a close neighborhood and they "keep an eye out for each other." When he was told that the vehicle was back, he got into his own car and pursued Zoellick. While he lost sight of Zoellick, the man told police what license plate the driver had and indicated that he did see Zoellick drive up and down the woman's road several times.
The criminal complaint says that the Zoellick has a "lengthy criminal history involving approximately 20 prior convictions for violating a restraining order." Zoellick had previously been served with the harassment injunction or restraining order by the Jefferson County Circuit Court in February of 2012. He was also convicted of stalking the Oconomowoc woman in May. He's been ordered to cease harassment and avoid the woman's residence or any premises temporarily operated by her.
He is being held at Waukesha County Jail and, if convicted by the Waukesha County Circuit Court of stalking and violating the injunction, he could face up to $29,000 in fines and serve up to eight years in jail.
- Yule Feed Families is a way to donate to the Oconomowoc Food Pantry.
- Oconomowoc Area School District recognized recently for its efforts in community and in-house communications.
- Oconomowoc DPW alerts shovelers about snow removal
- OAF supports non-profits with $170,000 in recently announced grants
- Lac La Belle couple faces fraud, arson charges in separate legal battles
- Election roundup for Oconomowoc area
- Oconomowoc DPW makes some changes along Wisconsin Ave.
- Oconomowoc police try to combat recent crime trends with new ordinances
- Oconomowoc Food Pantry meets the need for those who struggle
- Oconomowoc residents' frequently asked snow removal questions