Oconomowoc Domino's to deliver pizza with a side of safety on Nov. 1
Oconomowoc Domino's Pizza and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) are teaming up with the Oconomowoc Fire Department to promote fire prevention when daylight saving time ends Nov. 4.
From 1 to 6 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 1, anyone who orders a Domino's pizza may be randomly selected and surprised at the door when their pizza arrives aboard a fire engine. If all the smoke alarms in the home are working, the pizza is free. If the smoke alarm is not working, the firefighters will replace the batteries and leave the home with a fully functioning alarm.
Domino's will also thank those customers who welcome the fire department into their homes with a coupon for a free pizza.
"When you change your clocks for daylight saving time, it's a great time of year to remember to change the batteries in your smoke alarms," said Jason Scheel, franchise owner of Domino's Pizza in Oconomowoc. "We are thrilled to work with the NFPA and the fire department on a program to promote the safety of our friends and neighbors and to reward those who make fire safety a priority."
Customers can call the Oconomowoc Domino's Pizza store, 750 E. Wisconsin Ave., at (262) 569-6999 to place their order and be eligible for the fire truck delivery.
- Where's roadwork taking place this summer in Lake Country? Check out our roundup of projects
- Oconomowoc Public Education Foundation grants awarded to local school programs
- Survey shows support for Oconomowoc elementary school upgrades, cool on high school plans (5)
- Oconomowoc Lake home featured as Wisconsin Breast Cancer Showhouse
- Lt. Mike LaVenture to retire from Oconomowoc Fire Department
- In Brief, May 19, 2016: Trivia, veterans, Shorehaven and rare disorder
- Final weekend for 'The Drowsy Chaperone' at Oconomowoc's New Theatre on Main
- Oconomowoc High School Pride Period gets promoted from pilot to addition
- In Brief, May 19, 2016: Fireworks, zoo and cancer
- Oconomowoc High School to host community charity barbecue on May 26 with 14th annual Grilling 2 Give