Oconomowoc Domino's to deliver pizza with a side of safety on Nov. 1
Oconomowoc Domino's Pizza and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) are teaming up with the Oconomowoc Fire Department to promote fire prevention when daylight saving time ends Nov. 4.
From 1 to 6 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 1, anyone who orders a Domino's pizza may be randomly selected and surprised at the door when their pizza arrives aboard a fire engine. If all the smoke alarms in the home are working, the pizza is free. If the smoke alarm is not working, the firefighters will replace the batteries and leave the home with a fully functioning alarm.
Domino's will also thank those customers who welcome the fire department into their homes with a coupon for a free pizza.
"When you change your clocks for daylight saving time, it's a great time of year to remember to change the batteries in your smoke alarms," said Jason Scheel, franchise owner of Domino's Pizza in Oconomowoc. "We are thrilled to work with the NFPA and the fire department on a program to promote the safety of our friends and neighbors and to reward those who make fire safety a priority."
Customers can call the Oconomowoc Domino's Pizza store, 750 E. Wisconsin Ave., at (262) 569-6999 to place their order and be eligible for the fire truck delivery.
- New Oconomowoc garbage service increases number of recyclable materials
- Oconomowoc school reaches fundraising goal to help school in Cambodia
- Pottery convention brings hundreds of people to Oconomowoc in February
- Cancer fighters find support with services through Tricia's Troops and Piggly Wiggly stores in Ocono
- Ybdi Islami's competency still in question after second marathon hearing
- Oconomowoc responds to misconduct allegations, denies any wrongdoing
- OAC's Cabaret Café dishes up Reel Love for Valentine's Day
- Two Oconomowoc houses razed recently by Fowler Lake Village project team
- Pick 'n Save workers pitch in to help a colleague injured in a fall at home
- New interim Oconomowoc schools chef Jennifer Truchan has passion for cooking