Board to discuss possible used car lot ordinance
Village of Butler— Officials in the Village of Butler are expected to discuss a possible ordinance regulating used car lots on an unspecified date in the future.
Trustee Jeanne Briggs suggested the board look into having such an ordinance on its books during an agenda item devoted to communications at a meeting last week.
"I don't think we want a car lot on every corner," Briggs said.
If enacted, an ordinance would detail zoning within the community that would tighten some of the restrictions for used car lots.
Village President Richard Ensslin said he would place the matter on a future agenda for further discussion. The board could not go into detail on the issue at last week's regular meeting since it was not properly noticed on the agenda.
- Lisbon spends $660,000 on fire engine
- Money borrowed, village hall construction begins in Sussex
- Village of Butler home invaded
- Reel World: 'No Escape' offers uncomfortable suspense
- Offices to be closed for Labor Day
- Gas station approved ... with conditions
- Carran seems like good fit for Sussex Village Board
- Hamilton High School reaches enrollment record
- Hamilton High School junior begins Eagle Scout project
- Retrospect, Sept. 2, 2015: Frantls carve niche in Sussex