Board to discuss possible used car lot ordinance
Village of Butler— Officials in the Village of Butler are expected to discuss a possible ordinance regulating used car lots on an unspecified date in the future.
Trustee Jeanne Briggs suggested the board look into having such an ordinance on its books during an agenda item devoted to communications at a meeting last week.
"I don't think we want a car lot on every corner," Briggs said.
If enacted, an ordinance would detail zoning within the community that would tighten some of the restrictions for used car lots.
Village President Richard Ensslin said he would place the matter on a future agenda for further discussion. The board could not go into detail on the issue at last week's regular meeting since it was not properly noticed on the agenda.
- Fall prevention presentation at Brookdale Sussex Feb. 11
- Hamilton High School will be haunted Feb. 11-14
- Fire department volunteers honored in Lisbon
- Retrospect, Feb. 10, 2016: Observatory Hill aided building of railroads
- Reel World, Feb. 10, 2016: No crowns for 'Caesar!'
- Menomonee Falls wants to annex Lisbon land
- Car wash added to Highway Q gas station in Lisbon
- Pages from the Past: Feb. 10, 2016
- Bob Schlei was former Sussex fire chief
- Hamilton school board ratifies contract with United Lakewood Educators