Board to discuss possible used car lot ordinance
Village of Butler— Officials in the Village of Butler are expected to discuss a possible ordinance regulating used car lots on an unspecified date in the future.
Trustee Jeanne Briggs suggested the board look into having such an ordinance on its books during an agenda item devoted to communications at a meeting last week.
"I don't think we want a car lot on every corner," Briggs said.
If enacted, an ordinance would detail zoning within the community that would tighten some of the restrictions for used car lots.
Village President Richard Ensslin said he would place the matter on a future agenda for further discussion. The board could not go into detail on the issue at last week's regular meeting since it was not properly noticed on the agenda.
- Fitting tribute for civic treasure: Sussex history museum to be named after Fred Keller
- Keller: Sussex has changed in past 70 years
- 3,700 Lisbon residents without power for about two hours Wednesday (1)
- Sussex Hamilton presenting 'Cinderella' this weekend
- MBA spring tour open through May 1
- Super writers named in our superhero writing contest
- Town of Lisbon to spend $7 million on road repairs over next two years (1)
- Sussex woman battles rare disease, needs help to cover medical expenses
- Reel World: Reel World: 'Elvis and Nixon' has a story without a purpose
- Retrospect, April 27, 2016: Graduations used to be held at Community Hall