Board to discuss possible used car lot ordinance
Village of Butler— Officials in the Village of Butler are expected to discuss a possible ordinance regulating used car lots on an unspecified date in the future.
Trustee Jeanne Briggs suggested the board look into having such an ordinance on its books during an agenda item devoted to communications at a meeting last week.
"I don't think we want a car lot on every corner," Briggs said.
If enacted, an ordinance would detail zoning within the community that would tighten some of the restrictions for used car lots.
Village President Richard Ensslin said he would place the matter on a future agenda for further discussion. The board could not go into detail on the issue at last week's regular meeting since it was not properly noticed on the agenda.
- Retrospect, June 3, 2015: Letters home provide glimpse into WWII
- Pages from the Past: June 3, 2015
- Sussex Stuff the Bus event collects 200 items for needy students
- Dispute changes village hall plans (1)
- Haass library board wants meeting with Sussex village board
- Former Lisbon clerk Kraus gets jail time, probation for defrauding town (1)
- Lisbon squashes proposed dog park despite petitions
- Cemetery tells Lisbon-Sussex history
- Substitute teacher allegedly caught drinking Fireball whiskey at work (7)
- Reel World: 'Tomorrowland' sermonizes, fails to inspire (1)