Donate cookie ingredients
Heirloom Cookie Sheets, Menomonee Falls, is partnering with the Hunger Task Force and other companies with a cookie ingredient food drive through Nov. 30.
"The holidays are a time to enjoy family traditions," said Jeannie Lauret, owner of Heirloom Cookie Sheets. "Every Christmas for over 30 years, my mother baked 20 kinds of cookies ... which we would box up for family and friends. This year, we'd like to give 20 families who might not be able to afford the luxury of tradition the chance to bake a special treat in their own home."
The cookie ingredients will be packaged together with a recipe and an Heirloom Cookie Sheet, and then donated to the Hunger Task Force. The packages will be distributed to less fortunate families, who may not have the opportunity to bake Christmas cookies otherwise.
While all food donations will be accepted, Heirloom Cookie Sheets encourages donations for its "Secret Kiss Recipe" of sugar, vanilla, flour, Hershey's Kisses, and powdered sugar. Collection locations and hours for the food drive are as follows:
·9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday at Heirloom Cookie Sheets/Twin Metals, N57 W13500 Carmen Ave, Menomonee Falls;
·5 to 9 p.m. daily at HOM Restaurant, 17800 W. Bluemound Road, Brookfield
·9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to noon Saturday at Associated Bank, W156 N5575 Pilgrim Road, Menomonee Falls
·10:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily at Culver's, 2600 N. Grandview Blvd., Waukesha, and 701 Industrial Court, Hartland
· 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday at Mangold Creative, 2428 N. Grandview Blvd, Suite E, Waukesha
- Fitting tribute for civic treasure: Sussex history museum to be named after Fred Keller
- Keller: Sussex has changed in past 70 years
- 3,700 Lisbon residents without power for about two hours Wednesday (1)
- Sussex Hamilton presenting 'Cinderella' this weekend
- MBA spring tour open through May 1
- Super writers named in our superhero writing contest
- Town of Lisbon to spend $7 million on road repairs over next two years (1)
- Sussex woman battles rare disease, needs help to cover medical expenses
- Reel World: Reel World: 'Elvis and Nixon' has a story without a purpose
- Retrospect, April 27, 2016: Graduations used to be held at Community Hall