Donate cookie ingredients
Heirloom Cookie Sheets, Menomonee Falls, is partnering with the Hunger Task Force and other companies with a cookie ingredient food drive through Nov. 30.
"The holidays are a time to enjoy family traditions," said Jeannie Lauret, owner of Heirloom Cookie Sheets. "Every Christmas for over 30 years, my mother baked 20 kinds of cookies ... which we would box up for family and friends. This year, we'd like to give 20 families who might not be able to afford the luxury of tradition the chance to bake a special treat in their own home."
The cookie ingredients will be packaged together with a recipe and an Heirloom Cookie Sheet, and then donated to the Hunger Task Force. The packages will be distributed to less fortunate families, who may not have the opportunity to bake Christmas cookies otherwise.
While all food donations will be accepted, Heirloom Cookie Sheets encourages donations for its "Secret Kiss Recipe" of sugar, vanilla, flour, Hershey's Kisses, and powdered sugar. Collection locations and hours for the food drive are as follows:
·9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday at Heirloom Cookie Sheets/Twin Metals, N57 W13500 Carmen Ave, Menomonee Falls;
·5 to 9 p.m. daily at HOM Restaurant, 17800 W. Bluemound Road, Brookfield
·9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to noon Saturday at Associated Bank, W156 N5575 Pilgrim Road, Menomonee Falls
·10:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily at Culver's, 2600 N. Grandview Blvd., Waukesha, and 701 Industrial Court, Hartland
· 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday at Mangold Creative, 2428 N. Grandview Blvd, Suite E, Waukesha
- Former Lisbon Clerk/Administrator Elizabeth Kraus pleads not guilty
- Lawyers: Local governments should have policies on credit-card use
- Key vote expected on Main Street School
- Reel World: 'American Sniper' misses half the target
- Sussex father, son die in drowning incident
- Legislators meet with school board
- Hamilton Fine Arts Center offers a frightful family, Elvis, Tigers and 'Candy'
- Retrospect, Jan. 28, 2015: Hadfield had big impact on early Lannon
- Pages from the Past: Jan. 28, 2015
- Change in purchase-order policy enabled ex-Lisbon administrator to hide purchases