Families invited to Fourth of July parade in Butler
Butler — The village of Butler's annual Fourth of July parade will begin at 2 p.m. on Friday, July 4; village officials are asking kids and their families to join the event
The parade will start at St. Agnes Church parking lot at 12801 W. Fairmount and proceed west to 132nd Street, turning south to Hampton Avenue.
The parade will continue east on Hampton Avenue to 127th street, turn north and finish at Frontier Park at 5152 N 127th St.
A fireworks display, at lower Frontier Park off of Custer Avenue, will begin at about 9:30 p.m.
Families with children wishing to participate in the parade should bring decorated bicycles, wagons and strollers to the Chase Bank parking lot at 127th Street and Hampton Avenue.
- Reel World: Out of this world storytelling in 'The Martian'
- Sussex village budget proposes 5-percent levy increase
- Lake Country trick-or-treat times 2015
- Retrospect, Oct. 7, 2015: Lisbon Civil War flag makes it back home
- Pages from the Past: Oct. 7, 2015
- Local churches celebrate, react to Pope Francis' address to Congress
- Pay bonus suggested for Sussex firefighters
- Sussex, Pauline Haass Library dispute legal bills reach $170,000
- Reel World: 'The Intern': What's old is new again
- Is Wheaton Franciscan buying Sussex's pink house?