Families invited to Fourth of July parade in Butler
Butler — The village of Butler's annual Fourth of July parade will begin at 2 p.m. on Friday, July 4; village officials are asking kids and their families to join the event
The parade will start at St. Agnes Church parking lot at 12801 W. Fairmount and proceed west to 132nd Street, turning south to Hampton Avenue.
The parade will continue east on Hampton Avenue to 127th street, turn north and finish at Frontier Park at 5152 N 127th St.
A fireworks display, at lower Frontier Park off of Custer Avenue, will begin at about 9:30 p.m.
Families with children wishing to participate in the parade should bring decorated bicycles, wagons and strollers to the Chase Bank parking lot at 127th Street and Hampton Avenue.
- Retrospect, Sept. 9, 2015: Galles leaves his mark on Sussex
- Pages from the Past: Sept. 9, 2015
- Lisbon native Horwatich dies
- Lisbon spends $660,000 on fire engine
- Money borrowed, village hall construction begins in Sussex
- Village of Butler home invaded
- Reel World: 'No Escape' offers uncomfortable suspense
- Offices to be closed for Labor Day
- Gas station approved ... with conditions
- Carran seems like good fit for Sussex Village Board