Haasch to provide music for Sussex Fourth festivities
After a two-year hiatus, Sussex resident Steve Haasch will again be furnishing the music at the annual Sussex Fourth of July fireworks night, starting with a set at 7 p.m., continuing until the fireworks blast off at 9:20 p.m.
Haasch will also provide background music during the fireworks show. It will be Haasch's 15th year performing music for the evening fireworks.
This year marks the 200th anniversary of the writing of the Star Spangled Banner in 1814, and the story of the national anthem will start the program at 7 p.m. The anthem will follow.
Following that, there will be 27 different pieces of music that are somewhat traditional at patriotic events, such as works by Neil Diamond, Bing Crosby, Aaron Copland, Barry Manilow, Bruce Springsteen, Frank Sinatra and Ray Charles.
Haasch will also provide the music for the 9:30 a.m. Sussex Kiddies Parade on Friday, July 4.
- Dispute changes village hall plans
- Haass library board wants meeting with Sussex village board
- Former Lisbon clerk Kraus gets jail time, probation for defrauding town (1)
- Lisbon squashes proposed dog park despite petitions
- Cemetery tells Lisbon-Sussex history
- Substitute teacher allegedly caught drinking Fireball whiskey at work (7)
- Reel World: 'Tomorrowland' sermonizes, fails to inspire (1)
- St. James Catholic Church to host annual thrift and bake sale
- North Shore Bank hosting food collection event in Sussex
- Retrospect, May 27, 2015: Tempero grows up before leaving for WWII