Haasch to provide music for Sussex Fourth festivities
After a two-year hiatus, Sussex resident Steve Haasch will again be furnishing the music at the annual Sussex Fourth of July fireworks night, starting with a set at 7 p.m., continuing until the fireworks blast off at 9:20 p.m.
Haasch will also provide background music during the fireworks show. It will be Haasch's 15th year performing music for the evening fireworks.
This year marks the 200th anniversary of the writing of the Star Spangled Banner in 1814, and the story of the national anthem will start the program at 7 p.m. The anthem will follow.
Following that, there will be 27 different pieces of music that are somewhat traditional at patriotic events, such as works by Neil Diamond, Bing Crosby, Aaron Copland, Barry Manilow, Bruce Springsteen, Frank Sinatra and Ray Charles.
Haasch will also provide the music for the 9:30 a.m. Sussex Kiddies Parade on Friday, July 4.
- Hamilton tax levy lowered for 2016-17 budget
- Friends raise money for family of former Butler police lieutenant as investigation into his death continues (2)
- Sussex-Lisbon Police Reports: May 25, 2016
- Nature's Path cited by OSHA for safety violations
- Pages from the Past: May 25, 2016
- Something for all us to scream about: Ice cream tips for a hot, hot summer
- Hamilton named to two prestigious national high school lists
- Charges filed in Sussex shooting
- Lisbon, Chenequa in closed-door talks with waste hauler over contract disputes
- Local motorists warned about speeding, stop signs during Sussex Main Street construction work