Haasch to provide music for Sussex Fourth festivities
After a two-year hiatus, Sussex resident Steve Haasch will again be furnishing the music at the annual Sussex Fourth of July fireworks night, starting with a set at 7 p.m., continuing until the fireworks blast off at 9:20 p.m.
Haasch will also provide background music during the fireworks show. It will be Haasch's 15th year performing music for the evening fireworks.
This year marks the 200th anniversary of the writing of the Star Spangled Banner in 1814, and the story of the national anthem will start the program at 7 p.m. The anthem will follow.
Following that, there will be 27 different pieces of music that are somewhat traditional at patriotic events, such as works by Neil Diamond, Bing Crosby, Aaron Copland, Barry Manilow, Bruce Springsteen, Frank Sinatra and Ray Charles.
Haasch will also provide the music for the 9:30 a.m. Sussex Kiddies Parade on Friday, July 4.
- Fall prevention presentation at Brookdale Sussex Feb. 11
- Hamilton High School will be haunted Feb. 11-14
- Fire department volunteers honored in Lisbon
- Retrospect, Feb. 10, 2016: Observatory Hill aided building of railroads
- Reel World, Feb. 10, 2016: No crowns for 'Caesar!'
- Menomonee Falls wants to annex Lisbon land
- Car wash added to Highway Q gas station in Lisbon
- Pages from the Past: Feb. 10, 2016
- Bob Schlei was former Sussex fire chief
- Hamilton school board ratifies contract with United Lakewood Educators