Haasch to provide music for Sussex Fourth festivities
After a two-year hiatus, Sussex resident Steve Haasch will again be furnishing the music at the annual Sussex Fourth of July fireworks night, starting with a set at 7 p.m., continuing until the fireworks blast off at 9:20 p.m.
Haasch will also provide background music during the fireworks show. It will be Haasch's 15th year performing music for the evening fireworks.
This year marks the 200th anniversary of the writing of the Star Spangled Banner in 1814, and the story of the national anthem will start the program at 7 p.m. The anthem will follow.
Following that, there will be 27 different pieces of music that are somewhat traditional at patriotic events, such as works by Neil Diamond, Bing Crosby, Aaron Copland, Barry Manilow, Bruce Springsteen, Frank Sinatra and Ray Charles.
Haasch will also provide the music for the 9:30 a.m. Sussex Kiddies Parade on Friday, July 4.
- Home garbage costs to drop $46 in Sussex
- Sussex has tax limit options
- Lisbon attorney to be more visible
- Pauline Haass Library News: Oct. 14, 2015
- Sussex-Lisbon-Lannon News: Oct. 14, 2015
- Butler News: Oct. 14, 2015
- Open mic nights fill niche at Pauline Haass Library in Sussex
- Retrospect, Oct. 14, 2015: Community Hall was Depression-era project
- Pages from the Past: Oct. 14, 2015
- Reel World: Out of this world storytelling in 'The Martian'