Haasch to provide music for Sussex Fourth festivities
After a two-year hiatus, Sussex resident Steve Haasch will again be furnishing the music at the annual Sussex Fourth of July fireworks night, starting with a set at 7 p.m., continuing until the fireworks blast off at 9:20 p.m.
Haasch will also provide background music during the fireworks show. It will be Haasch's 15th year performing music for the evening fireworks.
This year marks the 200th anniversary of the writing of the Star Spangled Banner in 1814, and the story of the national anthem will start the program at 7 p.m. The anthem will follow.
Following that, there will be 27 different pieces of music that are somewhat traditional at patriotic events, such as works by Neil Diamond, Bing Crosby, Aaron Copland, Barry Manilow, Bruce Springsteen, Frank Sinatra and Ray Charles.
Haasch will also provide the music for the 9:30 a.m. Sussex Kiddies Parade on Friday, July 4.
- Hamilton schools announce information for new school year
- Retrospect, Aug. 5, 2015: Masonic lodge set to be demolished
- Pages from the Past: Aug. 5, 2015
- 'Paper Towns' leaves something to be desired
- Hamilton School District launches online registration
- Retrospect, July 29, 2015: Canned soda was an idea ahead of its time
- Pages from the Past: July 29, 2015
- Rep. Chris Kapenga easily wins District 33 state Senate seat in Waukesha County
- Taco Bell approved, Kwik Trip waiting in Sussex
- Change gives most Hamilton district employees another personal day