Hot Rods on Hampton to benefit park
Village of Butler — Ready to fill the street with cars?
OK, that sounds like a normal day, but not on Sunday, Sept. 7, when Hot Rods on Hampton Avenue kicks off its third annual car show.
Show time goes from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m..
Car lineup begins at 8:30 a.m. and runs until 10. Entrants should enter from eastbound Hampton Avenue at 127th Street.
The cost for entrants is $5 and admission is free to the public.
The car show will be judged with a trophy and dash plaques handed out as prizes.
Hampton Avenue will be shut down from 124th Street to 127th Street for the event, which will help fund new playground equipment at Frontier Park.
Organized by Building a Better Butler, the event will have food, refreshments, music and a 50/50 raffle.
"To increase the quality of life for our residents, to draw young people to our village, I think we need to offer them something," event organizer Sue Hesselgrave said. "We have one park in the village. My mission is to get a new playground built, an accessibility playground."
- Retrospect, April 29, 2015: Plank School was a Lisbon staple
- Pages from the Past: April 29, 2015
- Sussex approves library impact facts
- DNA evidence could foil armed robber of Menomonee Falls Dollar Tree
- Springdale Road project has wetland issues (1)
- Lisbon exploring dog park options
- Retrospect, April 22, 2015: Ashes to ashes
- Pages from the Past: April 22, 2015
- Sussex man who allegedly molested his daughters gets modified bail
- Sussex incumbents win