Kraus named Lisbon interim administrator
Town of Lisbon— Town officials are planning to shuffle some town hall staff hours and work assignments in order to fill a void created by the extended illness of Town Administrator Jeff Musche.
Town Chairman Matt Gehrke said the Town Board has agreed to promote Deputy Clerk Elizabeth Kraus to interim clerk/administrator while Musche is absent. Gehrke said that some of Kraus's responsibilities with the Plan Commission may be temporarily reassigned.
Gehrke said Kraus has been doing "a very effective job" in fulfilling some of Musche's responsibilities.
Gehrke said the Town Board may opt to hire an additional employee on a part-time basis or increase the work hours of an incumbent town hall employee.
He said the decision will be made after Kraus talks to town hall employees and can make an assessment as to what skills and desires existing employees have to assume the additional duties.
Taking over the work that Kraus performs for the Plan Commission requires some familiarity with the planning and approval process as well as taking minutes and maintaining documents, Gehrke explained.
Gehrke said Musche is in the process of submitting documents required by the Family Medical Leave Act which can make him eligible for a more extended medical leave.
Musche has been absent during much of the past three months with a yet to be disclosed medical condition. Musche has declined to publicly discuss the illness and Gehrke believes that state and federal laws may prohibit the Town Board from disclosing Musche's illness.
- Retrospect, July 1, 2015: Connections yield historical treasure trove
- Pages from the Past: July 1, 2015
- Menomonee Falls approves outdoor dining parameters
- The Community league hosts their first ever garden tour in Menomonee Falls
- West Bend man critically injured in two-vehicle crash
- Sussex man reportedly stabbed girlfriend, himself
- Rep. Chris Kapenga wins District 33 Republican state Senate primary
- Reel World: 'Inside Out' doesn't quite live up to the hype
- Delays may lower costs for Sussex civic center
- No village hall/library connection in Sussex?