Lisbon Board will discuss Musche illness
Town of Lisbon — Town Administrator Jeff Musche says he does not know when his medical doctor will allow him to return to work.
Musche has been absent from Town Hall since the second week in October with an illness that Musche, for personal reasons, declined to discuss. He would not comment on reports from town officials that he is suffering from severe bouts of vertigo that might be related to a neurological disorder.
"I have some good days and I have some bad days," he said, acknowledging that there have been times during the nearly past three months that he had intended to return to work but unable to when the his work day was to begin.
Town Chairman Matt Gehrke said the town board planned on discussing Musche's condition and evaluating the performance of Deputy clerk/treasurer Liz Krause during a closed session scheduled for a special board meeting on Monday, January 6. Gherke said Krause has been doing an "effective" job of carrying both her responsibilities as deputy clerk/treasurer as well as assuming some of the responsibilities of administrator during Musche's absence.
Gerhke said the board will also evaluate documents that Musche has filed relating to the family medical leave. Federal and state laws permit individuals to take unpaid leave from their employment for long term illnesses or illnesses within the immediate family.
Musche has been using accumulated vacation and sick days to maintain his salary while he has been ill. The accumulated sick and vacation days extend into late February, according to town officials.
Gehrke said he is not sure what options are available to Musche and the town board after the accumulated leave days are exhausted.
- Pages from the past: Dec. 3, 2014
- Retrospect, Dec. 3, 2014: Erdmann developed Centennial Oaks Subdivision
- Lisbon saves $85,000 in debt payments
- Haass Library dispute may go to 2016
- Sun kicks off Yule Feed Families drive
- SOS answers emergency call in Sussex
- Hamilton tax rate lower than expected
- Retrospect, Nov. 26, 2014: Help needed identifying World War II-era photos
- Pages from the Past: Nov. 26, 2014
- 'Big Hero 6' beautiful, fun, but ending lacks Disney magic