Lisbon man escapes barbecue fire
Town of Lisbon — A 73 year old town resident escaped serious injury on Friday, Aug. 8, when a propone tank apparently leaked and ignited as he was liting his barbecue grill at about 10:30 a.m.
The tank erupted in flames and began venting fire across the deck of the home of Carl and Kathleen Ganther of W 227 N 8090 Tamarack Road.
The force of the small explosion pushed Ganther away from the fire, according to Lisbon Fire Chief Doug Brahm.
Brahm said a neighbor came to the aid of Ganther and his wife and helped them escape the fire that quickly spread across the deck and into the garage and kitchen area of their home.
Seven area departments responded to the call including the town of Lisbon and the villages of Sussex, Menomonee Falls, Lannon, Richfield, Merton and Hartland.
The fire was contained to the deck, garage and kitchen areas of the home. Brahm estimated the damage to the building and contents at about $200,000.
- Menomonee Falls man accused of hit-and-run while intoxicated, his 4th OWI in 5 Years
- Hamilton High School 60s, 70s Reunion Picnic to be held
- Hamilton School Board still accepting applications to fill vacant Lannon seat
- Village of Butler completes first road project in 30 years
- Pages from the Past: July 27, 2016
- Parade winners announced for Sussex Lions Daze
- Hamilton School District preps for start of school year
- Supreme Court ruling impacts Sussex, Butler signage
- Sussex Fire Department will not consolidate; seeks full-time chief
- Retrospect, July 20, 2016: Weaver finishes up his time in the service