Lisbon man escapes barbecue fire
Town of Lisbon — A 73 year old town resident escaped serious injury on Friday, Aug. 8, when a propone tank apparently leaked and ignited as he was liting his barbecue grill at about 10:30 a.m.
The tank erupted in flames and began venting fire across the deck of the home of Carl and Kathleen Ganther of W 227 N 8090 Tamarack Road.
The force of the small explosion pushed Ganther away from the fire, according to Lisbon Fire Chief Doug Brahm.
Brahm said a neighbor came to the aid of Ganther and his wife and helped them escape the fire that quickly spread across the deck and into the garage and kitchen area of their home.
Seven area departments responded to the call including the town of Lisbon and the villages of Sussex, Menomonee Falls, Lannon, Richfield, Merton and Hartland.
The fire was contained to the deck, garage and kitchen areas of the home. Brahm estimated the damage to the building and contents at about $200,000.
- Pages from the Past: Feb. 10, 2016
- Bob Schlei was former Sussex fire chief
- Hamilton school board ratifies contract with United Lakewood Educators
- Pewaukee legislator's bill would boost funding for high school robotics
- Five Hamilton district students advance to regional spelling bee
- Tate Hutchinson wins Templeton Middle School Geographic Bee
- Reel World: 'Kung Fu Panda 3' 02/03/16
- Hamilton school board sets desired candidate profile to replace superintendent
- Sussex Outreach Services food pantry finds temporary space
- Sussex takes proactive, community-based approach to combat drug use