Lisbon man escapes barbecue fire
Town of Lisbon — A 73 year old town resident escaped serious injury on Friday, Aug. 8, when a propone tank apparently leaked and ignited as he was liting his barbecue grill at about 10:30 a.m.
The tank erupted in flames and began venting fire across the deck of the home of Carl and Kathleen Ganther of W 227 N 8090 Tamarack Road.
The force of the small explosion pushed Ganther away from the fire, according to Lisbon Fire Chief Doug Brahm.
Brahm said a neighbor came to the aid of Ganther and his wife and helped them escape the fire that quickly spread across the deck and into the garage and kitchen area of their home.
Seven area departments responded to the call including the town of Lisbon and the villages of Sussex, Menomonee Falls, Lannon, Richfield, Merton and Hartland.
The fire was contained to the deck, garage and kitchen areas of the home. Brahm estimated the damage to the building and contents at about $200,000.
- Hamilton tax levy lowered for 2016-17 budget
- Friends raise money for family of former Butler police lieutenant as investigation into his death continues (2)
- Sussex-Lisbon Police Reports: May 25, 2016
- Nature's Path cited by OSHA for safety violations
- Pages from the Past: May 25, 2016
- Something for all us to scream about: Ice cream tips for a hot, hot summer
- Hamilton named to two prestigious national high school lists
- Charges filed in Sussex shooting (1)
- Lisbon, Chenequa in closed-door talks with waste hauler over contract disputes
- Local motorists warned about speeding, stop signs during Sussex Main Street construction work