Lisbon's century lady, Isabelle G. Mielke, dies
The Sussex Sun ran a feature on Isabelle G. Mielke in the Nov. 13 issue. She was 100 years old and lived her entire life in the community, even living in the house on Lisbon Road that she was born in.
Known affectionally as "Issy," she was the daughter of Anthony and Gertrude Dabel. In life, she married twice, outliving both husbands.
Her birth date is notable, as it occurred on Oct. 31, 1913, and her grandchildren called her "Grandma Good Witch."
She died two months and four days after her 100th birthday, on Jan. 4, 2014.
She is the loving mother of Art (the late Dorothy) Rademann, Sharon (the late Williard) Naab and the late Sherwin Mielke Jr. She is further survived by seven grandchildren, 13 great-grandchildren, plus other relatives and friends.
She spent most of her long working life as a cook for various local restaurants, boarding houses and taverns, most particularly Brook Hotel, Bernie's Tap, Olde Tempelton Inn and Three Pines.
Visitation was Jan. 11 at the Schmidt Funeral Home in Sussex. She was buried at St. Peter and Paul Cemetery in Pewaukee.
- North Shore Bank hosting food collection event in Sussex
- Retrospect, May 27, 2015: Tempero grows up before leaving for WWII
- Pages from the Past: May 27, 2015
- Bald Facts: May 27, 2015
- Waukesha County urged to extend voting machine deadline for municipalities
- Springtime = farmers markets around lake country area
- Lisbon sued over Highway Q planning decision (1)
- Goetz endorses Haass library president
- Civic center construction to begin soon in Sussex
- Sussex blood drive May 19 to honor Carol Braeger