Menomonee Falls man accused of repeatedly molesting his granddaughter
A 67-year-old Menomonee Falls man allegedly raped his 9-year-old granddaughter numerous times over the summer and forced her to watch pornographic videos with him.
The man, who will not be named to protect the identity of the victim, was charged on Monday, Aug. 25, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with repeated sexual assault of a child, incest and exposing a child to harmful material.
The defendant faces up to more than 100 years in prison and $110,000 in fines if convicted.
According to the criminal complaint, the man was supposed to be taking care of the victim since June 15 during the week while her parents were at work, usually from Sunday nights to Friday afternoons.
The suspect's wife also worked often, so he was alone with the girl most of the time, the complaint says.
The victim told a forensic interviewer in the complaint that her grandfather repeatedly took her clothes off and touched her privates.
She said most of the assaults happened in the man's bedroom or his unfinished basement, where he forced her to watch pornography with him and once allegedly made the girl perform oral sex on him.
The defendant also abused the girl with sex toys, according to the complaint.
The victim said in the complaint that she repeatedly told the man he was hurting her when he molested her, but he never stopped.
"I like it, it feels good," the man said, according to the complaint.
Court records indicate that police executed a search warrant on Friday, Aug. 22, at the man's home and recovered, among other things, a pair of girl's underwear sealed in a Ziploc bag.
A Child Protective Services agent said in the complaint that he believed the sexual contact between the man and his granddaughter occurred daily.
According to court records, the man posted his $25,000 cash bond the same day he was arraigned and was released on the condition that he have no contact of any kind with his granddaughter or her parents.
- Retrospect, March 4, 2015: Community had front-row seats for Marsden fire
- Pages from the Past: March 4, 2015
- Complaint: Sussex woman threw a knife at her husband during argument
- 'The DUFF' brings back an awkward but fun genre
- Dentists help students brush up on dental awareness
- Plans for 200 new homes in Sussex
- Pages from the Past: Feb. 25, 2015
- Pauline Haass Library will sue Lisbon, again
- Key Sussex, Lisbon officials meet
- Lisbon, Sussex taxpayers share rising costs of legal battle of Pauline Haass Library (1)