MLG has developed cheaper plan for Sussex farm land
Village of Sussex - A new proposal by NAI/MLG Commercial will be submitted to village officials within the "two to three months" for the development of a commercial park on a portion of the Meissner Farm at Highway 164 and Silver Spring Road, according to J. Michael Mooney, chairman of the Brookfield- and Milwaukee-based development firm.
Mooney said the sales contract between MLG and Johnson Bank for the purchase of 120 acres of the farm land has been extended by the bank.
In addition, Mooney said MLG is serving as the listing agent marketing the sale of the remaining approximately 270 acres of farm land that the Meissner family sold to the Bielinski Brothers Builders who later had to return the land to Johnson Bank which had financed the transaction.
Mooney on Monday declined to describe the details of the new proposal in progress by company architects and engineers.
However, he said it will be more financially viable than the plan MLG introduced earlier this year, but later had abandon because of unanticipated development costs.
The plan called for the Village of Sussex to purchase the 120 acres for about $2.3 million and then spend another $4.1 million building the streets, utilities and other public improvements needed for the park that would be developed by NAI/MLG.
The plan called for the village to use revenues from a tax increment financing district to pay for the improvements.
The plan was receiving a lukewarm reception from the Village Board, with three trustees prepared to vote against it, when it was discovered the cost of installing sewer lines and constructing a main entrance to the park had been underestimated.
- Hamilton School District names next superintendent finalists
- Fall prevention presentation at Brookdale Sussex Feb. 11
- Hamilton High School will be haunted Feb. 11-14
- Fire department volunteers honored in Lisbon
- Retrospect, Feb. 10, 2016: Observatory Hill aided building of railroads
- Reel World, Feb. 10, 2016: No crowns for 'Caesar!'
- Menomonee Falls wants to annex Lisbon land
- Car wash added to Highway Q gas station in Lisbon
- Pages from the Past: Feb. 10, 2016
- Bob Schlei was former Sussex fire chief