Hamilton School district offers Facebook 101 for parents
Parents are invited to join certified online instructor, Jodi Rupnow, as she presents "Facebook for Parents" which includes Facebook 101 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 4 and Facebook 102 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 5.
Rupnow received her master's degree in curriculum and instruction with a focus on educational technology in 2006. A technology integration resource teacher at Woodside Elementary School, Rupnow has served as a building technology facilitator and instructor for Hamilton's Technology Academy. She teaches five courses for Marian University's Educational Technology graduate program.
Parents can attend the Facebook 101 session to:
Create and use a Facebook page of your own
Learn about privacy policies and settings
Attend the Facebook 102 session to:
Learn how to better use your Facebook page, securely post and share photos and continue working with privacy settings
RSVP is required. To RSVP, email Kristin Hasbrook with phone, name and email at email@example.com.
The courses are run through the district's Get Connected program. Get Connected is a Hamilton School District parent network helping parents navigate children through their school years with funding from United Way of Waukesha County "Helping Kids Succeed" initiative and local support. For more information, visit http://getconn ected.hamilton.k12.wi.us/.
- Hamilton High School junior begins Eagle Scout project
- Retrospect, Sept. 2, 2015: Frantls carve niche in Sussex
- Pages from the Past: Sept. 2, 2015
- Sussex's Outdoor Movie Night returns to its roots
- Stallings feels comfortable in new home of Sussex
- Pages from the Past: Aug. 26, 2015
- Retrospect, Aug. 26, 2015: Piece of Civil War coming home
- Falls opens two new fire stations, also serving Lannon
- County beaches announce closing dates
- Gas prices in Lake Country area have spiked in past two weeks