Sussex Scout helps deliver 4,000 calendars
Project will help local Scout earn rank of Eagle
Area residents will be able to keep tabs on 2013 a little better thanks to Boy Scout Taylor Beimborn who helped organize and carry out delivery of nearly 4,000 Sussex Fire Department calendars.
The Sussex Fire Auxiliary each year prints and delivers the calendars as a fundraiser. Last year Troop 39 helped with the project, but parts of Sussex were missed and some residents actually got two calendars. So for Beimborn's work on his Eagle Scout rank this year, he decided to help the auxiliary and organize the calendar distribution.
Beimborn is a freshman at Hamilton High School who is involved with many high school clubs and plans to study engineering after high school. He has been in Scouting since first grade and is nearing completing of his Eagle rank.
He chose the project of delivering the nearly 4,000 calendars because the project fits criteria of a task needed for Eagle rank. "The project is supposed to teach the Scout leadership and help an organization within the community," said Beimborn.
Beimborn led a team of Scouts to ready 32 cases of calendars for packaging and distribution. On Saturday, Dec. 1, various groups under the direction of Beimborn took maps he prepared and completed the task so that every home received its annual Sussex Fire Department calendar.
When Beimborn finally completes his paperwork on this project, a board will judge it to see if it fits the criteria for an Eagle. Only 2 percent of Scouts reach the rank of Eagle. It will be a great addition to his resume someday, the freshman added. "Someday in the future I can say, I won the Eagle Scout Award."
- Learning is sweet for students when Stacy Leuty is in the classroom
- Pergande found guilty of misconduct in Butler police case
- Lisbon searches for administrator
- Progress in Haass Library talks
- Brandtjen, Read discuss issues
- Waukesha County chairman's salary could be cut in half
- Pages from the past: Oct. 22, 2014
- "Nettie" White becomes Sussex teacher in her early 20s
- Hamilton ready to open fall play
- Sussex-Lisbon-Lannon News: Oct. 15, 2014