Spring Fest offers free fun
Fun for all ages is in store for those who visit Spring Fest – Better Together March 15 at Hamilton High School in Sussex. This daylong event, organized by the Sussex Area Chamber of Commerce and involving many community organizations, offers free admission for all.
Exhibits and activities will occur from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the high school, at W220 N6151 Town Line Road, Sussex. Informational booths, entertainment, health screenings, children's activities and demonstrations are among the highlights of this event that is free and open to the public. Entertainment includes:
· 10 a.m. - Mad Science
· 10:30 a.m. - Accompany of Kids
· 11 a.m. - Pampered Chef demonstration
· 11:30 a.m. - Kohl's Wild Theater presented by the Zoological Society of Milwaukee
· Noon - UW Marching Band
· 1 p.m. – Lake Country Martial Arts demonstration
· 1:30 p.m. - Trinity Irish Dancers
· Waukesha Sheriff K-9 Unit
The healthy-living themed event will also focus on wellness screenings and health education. New this year is The Strollin' Colon presented by Froedtert Health, a room-sized pink inflatable that visitors walk through to see everything in large scale including giant polyps, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease and different stages of colon cancer.
A Zumbathon to benefit the Volunteer Organization of Women in Sussex will be held from 11:30 to 1:30 p.m. Contact Jane at email@example.com to sign up.
Other activities include bulb-planting for children, a blood drive and a passport activity with prizes for children. Get the flier with details of all the day's event at http://bit.ly/1fh3HKx.
The Spring Fest Kick-Off Breakfast, hosted by the Hamilton High School National Honor Society (NHS) and prepared by George Webb Restaurant of Sussex, will be served from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. in the high school cafeteria. Advance tickets are available on the Spring Fest website, from NHS members and at select area businesses. Prices for adults are $7 advance and $9 at the door, children 4-11 years $4, children under 3 are free. Proceeds from the breakfast will benefit the Sussex Food Pantry. More breakfast ticket information is available at www.springfestsussex.org.
An awards presentation will be held at 9:30 a.m. during breakfast to celebrate the organizations that reflect the excellence of the Sussex community.
The event is made possible because of major sponsorship from Froedtert Health Community Memorial Hospital, Power Test and Sharp Packaging Systems. Generous in-kind contributions came from Lake Country Publications, Orion Web and Special Editions Printing. In addition, Quad/Graphics, Advanced Orthodontics and ProHealth Care provided entertainment sponsorship.
Friends of Spring Fest were BMO Harris, North Shore Bank, Wachtel Tree, Curves and Landmark Credit Union provided donations.
Visit at www.springfestsussex.org for more information.
- Yule Feed Families drive faces tall order in 25th year
- Lisbon may double debt for road repairs
- Reel World: 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2'
- Investigation into Sussex Lions Club coming to an end (1)
- Sussex food pantry looking for Christmas donations
- Pages from the Past, Nov. 25, 2015
- Retrsospect, Nov. 25, 2015: Play gets bumped from Community Hall
- New contract to make recycling easier in Sussex
- Sussex Lions have activities suspended because of gender discrimination allegations (4)
- Pauline Haass Library Board member Glodoski dies at 65