Storm sewer work to be done along Main Street
Village of Lannon - The village will begin replacing storm sewer along Main Street between Lannon and Vine streets this month. Village President Jerry Newman said the need to replace the infrastructure dates back to heavy rains that caused flooding at homes in the area two years ago.
He said after the problems, the village televised the storm sewer discovering that it was collapsing. The village recently approved a bid for the project at $215 which Newman said was favorable.
During the work two lanes on Main Street will remain open, but there will be minor disruptions for about two weeks, Newman said. "It will primarily affect those turning north on Lannon," he said.
The money will come from either the storm sewer fund or general fund, however officials may choose to borrow around $500,000 for this project and others to take advantage of favorable interest rates, he said.
The village plans to replace the lights at Joecks Field which Newman said are more than 50 years old. He said at the same time, officials want to add lighting at neighboring Schneider Field and there are plans to develop a third field nearby because of increased usage.
"Usage has grown and part of a recent planned development agreement with Dawson is to fund public improvements in the village. They will give us $300,000 for park improvements and the lighting will be a major part of that," Newman said.
The Dawson family owns Lannon Stone Products which is expanding operations and part of its development agreement with the village is to give $30,000 a year until they reach $300,000; however the village wants to do the products before that time.
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Waukesha County jailer accused of child porn possession
- Lisbon fire chief optimistic about 2015 budget
- Spooky events in the area
- Mehringers honored at Wisconsin State Fair
- Five things to know about the Pauline Haass Library after the board dissolves
- Share Old World Wisconsin favorites for chance to win tickets
- Page from the Past: Oct. 1, 2014
- Retrospect, Oct. 1, 2014: Donation yields early look at Lannon
- Sussex spending nearly $60K on village hall plans