Sussex Lions to deliver 248 Thanksgiving meals
Sussex Lions Club member John Haunfelder said the Lions had a successful food drive last weekend gathering an estimated $2,100 to purchase Thanksgiving dinners for those in need. The Lions work with the Sussex Food Pantry each year to provide Thanksgiving and Christmas meals to pantry clients.
Haunfelder said he wanted to extend his thanks to the community on behalf of the club for supporting the drive at the Pick 'n Save and Piggly Wiggly. He said the Lions also received about a cart full of food that will also be donated to the Sussex Food Pantry.
Haunfelder said this year the club lost an anonymous donor that would pay for 100 of the meals. "But we'll make it work," he said. The club will deliver 248 Thanksgiving meals this year.
You can help make the Lions' Christmas meal drive a success by donating during their meal drive between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 15 and 16. The Sussex Sun will donate 40 cents per food item and 70 cents per $1 donated up to a $500 cap to the Christmas food drive as part of its Yule Feed Families initiative.
- Retrospect: White's marriage ends her teaching career
- Pages from the Past: Nov. 5, 2014
- Sawall has new Sussex project
- Heavy absentee balloting in Sussex,Lisbon
- Former Butler cop Pergande sentenced to 30 days in jail for inappropriate photo of exotic dancer
- Pink out event at Sky Zone
- Opposition to YMCA/Village Hall growing?
- Area students to perform in honors concert
- Class photo shows early 1900s Main Street School in Sussex
- Pages from the Past: Oct. 29, 2014