Sussex man accused of beating, stabbing girlfriend during a dispute
A 39-year-old Sussex man reportedly stabbed his girlfriend twice in the ear because he was upset that she called one of her daughters.
Jesse Weisenberger, W220 N6913 Townline Road, was charged on Monday, July 28, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with second-degree reckless endangerment, felony intimidation of a victim, substantial battery — all domestic abuse offenses — and carrying a concealed weapon.
Weisenberger faces up to a little more than 24 years in prison and $70,000 in fines if convicted.
According to the criminal complaint, Weisenberger and his girlfriend began arguing in the morning and continued to do so throughout the day, and Weisenberger attacked her in the couple's bedroom, while she was trying to call one of her daughters after the couple returned home a bar.
Weisenberger allegedly punched and kicked the victim several times before unfolding a pocket knife and stabbing his girlfriend in her ear.
The woman said Weisenberger did not allow her to talk to her daughter on the phone, according to the complaint.
The victim told police in the complaint that she thought Weisenberger was going to kill her.
She was later transported to Community Memorial Hospital where she was treated for an inch-long cut on her left earlobe, bruising on her legs, arms and back, and a swollen ankle.
Police found Weisenberger hiding in an outbuilding of his girlfriend's apartment complex with his 11-year-old son, reeking of intoxicants.
The victim said Weisenberger had been drinking since 9 a.m. on the day of the incident.
All of the violence was allegedly witnessed by the victim's 9-year-old daughter.
Court records indicate that Weisenberger is being held in the county jail on a $25,000 cash bond.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Wednesday, Aug. 13.
- Retrospect: White's marriage ends her teaching career
- Pages from the Past: Nov. 5, 2014
- Sawall has new Sussex project
- Heavy absentee balloting in Sussex,Lisbon
- Former Butler cop Pergande sentenced to 30 days in jail for inappropriate photo of exotic dancer
- Pink out event at Sky Zone
- Opposition to YMCA/Village Hall growing?
- Area students to perform in honors concert
- Class photo shows early 1900s Main Street School in Sussex
- Pages from the Past: Oct. 29, 2014