Sussex trustee Wegner will resign
Village officials outline options
Sussex — The village bcoard was expected to discuss at its Tuesday, May 27, meeting what steps should be taken to replace four-term trustee Jason Wegner, who is reportedly resigning because he is moving out of the village into the town of Lisbon.
Village Clerk Sue Freiheit said late Friday afternoon that she had not yet received Wegner's letter of resignation but she expected to receive it before Tuesday's meeting, which will occur after the deadlines for the Wednesday, May 28, edition of the Sussex Sun.
The board has two options, according to village officials, it may appoint a successor to Wegner or it may call a special election. According to several sources, the trustees are likely to appoint a successor.
Wegner was first elected to the board in 2007, an election that saw a village president and several incumbents defeated in a reform movement that swept village elections. Wegner won re-election in a contested election in 2009 and was elected without opposition in 2011 and 2013.
- Retrospect: White's marriage ends her teaching career
- Pages from the Past: Nov. 5, 2014
- Sawall has new Sussex project
- Heavy absentee balloting in Sussex,Lisbon
- Former Butler cop Pergande sentenced to 30 days in jail for inappropriate photo of exotic dancer
- Pink out event at Sky Zone
- Opposition to YMCA/Village Hall growing?
- Area students to perform in honors concert
- Class photo shows early 1900s Main Street School in Sussex
- Pages from the Past: Oct. 29, 2014