Sussex fireworks planned
The Fourth of July falls on a Friday this year, making for a three-day weekend for many. Want to celebrate? Here's a list of what you can find locally. Check out LivingLakeCountry.com for a more complete list with events in other communities as well.
Village of Butler
Parade: 2 p.m. July 4, starting at St. Agnes Church parking lot, 12801 W. Fairmount, and continuing east on Hampton Avenue to 127th Street, finishing at Frontier Park, 5301 N. Park Drive. Children and families are encouraged to join the event.
Village of Sussex
Kiddie parade: 9:30 a.m. July 4
Parade participants march west on Main Street to Sussex Village Park. Participating children will enjoy ice cream, games and crafts upon arrival at the Village Park on Maple Avenue.
Fireworks: 9:30 p.m. July 4 at Lower Frontier Park off Custer Avenue, Sussex
Parade: 7 p.m. July 3, starting at Elm Street, continuing southeast on Appleton Avenue to Menomonee Falls High School, W142 N8101 Merrimac Drive.
Fireworks: Dusk, July 3 at Menomonee Falls High School
- Retrospect, May 4, 2016: Sussex Community Hall enters its final days
- Pages from the Past: May 4, 2016
- Fitting tribute for civic treasure: Sussex history museum to be named after Fred Keller
- Keller: Sussex has changed in past 70 years
- 3,700 Lisbon residents without power for about two hours Wednesday (1)
- A Cinderella story
- MBA spring tour open through May 1
- Super writers named in our superhero writing contest
- Town of Lisbon to spend $7 million on road repairs over next two years (1)
- Sussex woman battles rare disease, needs help to cover medical expenses