Sussex fireworks planned
The Fourth of July falls on a Friday this year, making for a three-day weekend for many. Want to celebrate? Here's a list of what you can find locally. Check out LivingLakeCountry.com for a more complete list with events in other communities as well.
Village of Butler
Parade: 2 p.m. July 4, starting at St. Agnes Church parking lot, 12801 W. Fairmount, and continuing east on Hampton Avenue to 127th Street, finishing at Frontier Park, 5301 N. Park Drive. Children and families are encouraged to join the event.
Village of Sussex
Kiddie parade: 9:30 a.m. July 4
Parade participants march west on Main Street to Sussex Village Park. Participating children will enjoy ice cream, games and crafts upon arrival at the Village Park on Maple Avenue.
Fireworks: 9:30 p.m. July 4 at Lower Frontier Park off Custer Avenue, Sussex
Parade: 7 p.m. July 3, starting at Elm Street, continuing southeast on Appleton Avenue to Menomonee Falls High School, W142 N8101 Merrimac Drive.
Fireworks: Dusk, July 3 at Menomonee Falls High School
- Reel World: 'Tomorrowland' sermonizes, fails to inspire
- St. James Catholic Church to host annual thrift and bake sale
- North Shore Bank hosting food collection event in Sussex
- Retrospect, May 27, 2015: Tempero grows up before leaving for WWII
- Pages from the Past: May 27, 2015
- Bald Facts: May 27, 2015
- Waukesha County urged to extend voting machine deadline for municipalities
- Springtime = farmers markets around lake country area
- Lisbon sued over Highway Q planning decision (1)
- Goetz endorses Haass library president