Sussex fireworks planned
The Fourth of July falls on a Friday this year, making for a three-day weekend for many. Want to celebrate? Here's a list of what you can find locally. Check out LivingLakeCountry.com for a more complete list with events in other communities as well.
Village of Butler
Parade: 2 p.m. July 4, starting at St. Agnes Church parking lot, 12801 W. Fairmount, and continuing east on Hampton Avenue to 127th Street, finishing at Frontier Park, 5301 N. Park Drive. Children and families are encouraged to join the event.
Village of Sussex
Kiddie parade: 9:30 a.m. July 4
Parade participants march west on Main Street to Sussex Village Park. Participating children will enjoy ice cream, games and crafts upon arrival at the Village Park on Maple Avenue.
Fireworks: 9:30 p.m. July 4 at Lower Frontier Park off Custer Avenue, Sussex
Parade: 7 p.m. July 3, starting at Elm Street, continuing southeast on Appleton Avenue to Menomonee Falls High School, W142 N8101 Merrimac Drive.
Fireworks: Dusk, July 3 at Menomonee Falls High School
- Retrospect, July 29, 2015: Canned soda was an idea ahead of its time
- Pages from the Past: July 29, 2015
- Rep. Chris Kapenga easily wins District 33 state Senate seat in Waukesha County
- Taco Bell approved, Kwik Trip waiting in Sussex
- Change gives most Hamilton district employees another personal day
- Retrospect, July 22, 2015: Podolske survives loss of her parents
- Pages from the Past: July 22, 2015
- Sussex Lions Daze parade winners announced
- Four top candidates emerge for Sussex village board
- Racer was involved in Sussex politics, library