Sussex fireworks planned
The Fourth of July falls on a Friday this year, making for a three-day weekend for many. Want to celebrate? Here's a list of what you can find locally. Check out LivingLakeCountry.com for a more complete list with events in other communities as well.
Village of Butler
Parade: 2 p.m. July 4, starting at St. Agnes Church parking lot, 12801 W. Fairmount, and continuing east on Hampton Avenue to 127th Street, finishing at Frontier Park, 5301 N. Park Drive. Children and families are encouraged to join the event.
Village of Sussex
Kiddie parade: 9:30 a.m. July 4
Parade participants march west on Main Street to Sussex Village Park. Participating children will enjoy ice cream, games and crafts upon arrival at the Village Park on Maple Avenue.
Fireworks: 9:30 p.m. July 4 at Lower Frontier Park off Custer Avenue, Sussex
Parade: 7 p.m. July 3, starting at Elm Street, continuing southeast on Appleton Avenue to Menomonee Falls High School, W142 N8101 Merrimac Drive.
Fireworks: Dusk, July 3 at Menomonee Falls High School
- Hamilton High School 60s, 70s Reunion Picnic to be held
- Hamilton School Board still accepting applications to fill vacant Lannon seat
- Village of Butler completes first road project in 30 years
- Pages from the Past: July 27, 2016
- Parade winners announced for Sussex Lions Daze
- Hamilton School District preps for start of school year
- Supreme Court ruling impacts Sussex, Butler signage
- Sussex Fire Department will not consolidate; seeks full-time chief
- Retrospect, July 20, 2016: Weaver finishes up his time in the service
- Butler's Autumn Howell Kruse receives Hamilton Distinguished Alum Award