Sussex fireworks planned
The Fourth of July falls on a Friday this year, making for a three-day weekend for many. Want to celebrate? Here's a list of what you can find locally. Check out LivingLakeCountry.com for a more complete list with events in other communities as well.
Village of Butler
Parade: 2 p.m. July 4, starting at St. Agnes Church parking lot, 12801 W. Fairmount, and continuing east on Hampton Avenue to 127th Street, finishing at Frontier Park, 5301 N. Park Drive. Children and families are encouraged to join the event.
Village of Sussex
Kiddie parade: 9:30 a.m. July 4
Parade participants march west on Main Street to Sussex Village Park. Participating children will enjoy ice cream, games and crafts upon arrival at the Village Park on Maple Avenue.
Fireworks: 9:30 p.m. July 4 at Lower Frontier Park off Custer Avenue, Sussex
Parade: 7 p.m. July 3, starting at Elm Street, continuing southeast on Appleton Avenue to Menomonee Falls High School, W142 N8101 Merrimac Drive.
Fireworks: Dusk, July 3 at Menomonee Falls High School
- Retrospect, Oct. 14, 2015: Community Hall was Depression-era project
- Pages from the Past: Oct. 14, 2015
- Reel World: Out of this world storytelling in 'The Martian'
- Sussex village budget proposes 5-percent levy increase
- Lake Country trick-or-treat times 2015
- Retrospect, Oct. 7, 2015: Lisbon Civil War flag makes it back home
- Pages from the Past: Oct. 7, 2015
- Local churches celebrate, react to Pope Francis' address to Congress
- Pay bonus suggested for Sussex firefighters
- Sussex, Pauline Haass Library dispute legal bills reach $170,000