What if you were the size of a quarter?
What if you were the size of a quarter and trapped in someone's pocket or purse?
We'd like to hear all about it.
The contest is open to all third- through eight-grade students in public, private and home schools within the area covered by papers of Lake Country Publications, including the Hamilton School District, Arrowhead area school districts, Pewaukee School District, Kettle Moraine School District and Oconomowoc School District. The limit is one entry per student. Immediate family members of Lake Country Publications employees are not eligible for prizes.
Winners will be asked to submit a headshot for publication with their winning entry (a school photo is fine.)
The front of each entry must include the student's name, age, grade, school, home address and phone number. Home address and phone number will not be published, but will be use to notify winners and send out prizes.
Entries will be divided into two categories: grades three through five and grades six through eight.
Each story should be no more than 400 words. Shorter entries are encouraged. Entries will not be returned. Typed entries are appreciated.
All entries must be received by 5 p.m. March 2.
First prize in each category will receive $100, second place will receive $50 and third place $25. Winning entries will be published in Living Lake Country Sunday this spring.
Send entries to Lake Country Publications, 1741 Dolphin Drive, Suite A, Waukesha, WI 53186. Email entries will not be accepted.
- Substitute teacher allegedly caught drinking Fireball whiskey at work (7)
- Reel World: 'Tomorrowland' sermonizes, fails to inspire
- St. James Catholic Church to host annual thrift and bake sale
- North Shore Bank hosting food collection event in Sussex
- Retrospect, May 27, 2015: Tempero grows up before leaving for WWII
- Pages from the Past: May 27, 2015
- Bald Facts: May 27, 2015
- Waukesha County urged to extend voting machine deadline for municipalities
- Springtime = farmers markets around lake country area
- Lisbon sued over Highway Q planning decision (1)