What if you were the size of a quarter?
What if you were the size of a quarter and trapped in someone's pocket or purse?
We'd like to hear all about it.
The contest is open to all third- through eight-grade students in public, private and home schools within the area covered by papers of Lake Country Publications, including the Hamilton School District, Arrowhead area school districts, Pewaukee School District, Kettle Moraine School District and Oconomowoc School District. The limit is one entry per student. Immediate family members of Lake Country Publications employees are not eligible for prizes.
Winners will be asked to submit a headshot for publication with their winning entry (a school photo is fine.)
The front of each entry must include the student's name, age, grade, school, home address and phone number. Home address and phone number will not be published, but will be use to notify winners and send out prizes.
Entries will be divided into two categories: grades three through five and grades six through eight.
Each story should be no more than 400 words. Shorter entries are encouraged. Entries will not be returned. Typed entries are appreciated.
All entries must be received by 5 p.m. March 2.
First prize in each category will receive $100, second place will receive $50 and third place $25. Winning entries will be published in Living Lake Country Sunday this spring.
Send entries to Lake Country Publications, 1741 Dolphin Drive, Suite A, Waukesha, WI 53186. Email entries will not be accepted.
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Waukesha County jailer accused of child porn possession
- Lisbon fire chief optimistic about 2015 budget
- Spooky events in the area
- Mehringers honored at Wisconsin State Fair
- Five things to know about the Pauline Haass Library after the board dissolves
- Share Old World Wisconsin favorites for chance to win tickets
- Page from the Past: Oct. 1, 2014
- Retrospect, Oct. 1, 2014: Donation yields early look at Lannon
- Sussex spending nearly $60K on village hall plans