Winners awarded at Sussex Lions Daze parade
Village of Sussex — The Sussex Lions Daze parade had almost 70 units and lasted a little more than an hour on Sunday, July 13. Parade attendees started setting out chairs as early as Monday, July 7, hoping to get an advantageous spot to view the festivities.
Under the direction of Sussex Lion Ralph Modjeska, there were a series of judges along the mile-long parade route to judge the best of the best. At the conclusion of the parade, scoresheets were collected and the judging committee awarded trophies in six categories.
The best float award was won by Uptown Art.
The most original award was won by the Jolly Giant Stilt Walkers.
Robert Summerville's Wacky Big Wheeler won the kids favorite award.
Perennial winners the Tripoli Motor Corp cycle and mini-car units were recipients of the crowd favorite award.
The best marching unit award was won by the Comedy Marching Band.
The most enthusiastic unit was awarded to the Heat All Star Cheerleaders.
A massive unit that combined the Hamilton Pep band, Chargerettes and Robotic Team was warmly received by the crowd.
- Retrospect, Nov. 26, 2014: Help needed identifying World War II-era photos
- Pages from the Past: Nov. 26, 2014
- 'Big Hero 6' beautiful, fun, but ending lacks Disney magic
- Tech Talks at Hamilton High School engage senior citizens
- Town of Lisbon annual meeting set
- Hamilton senior taking a unique path
- Village President Goetz says 'No' to Sussex Y
- Voter OK sought for new village hall
- Group distributes yard signs to save Weyer Park in Sussex
- Retrospect, Nov. 19, 2014: Howard rises to prominence in women's organization