Winners awarded at Sussex Lions Daze parade
Village of Sussex — The Sussex Lions Daze parade had almost 70 units and lasted a little more than an hour on Sunday, July 13. Parade attendees started setting out chairs as early as Monday, July 7, hoping to get an advantageous spot to view the festivities.
Under the direction of Sussex Lion Ralph Modjeska, there were a series of judges along the mile-long parade route to judge the best of the best. At the conclusion of the parade, scoresheets were collected and the judging committee awarded trophies in six categories.
The best float award was won by Uptown Art.
The most original award was won by the Jolly Giant Stilt Walkers.
Robert Summerville's Wacky Big Wheeler won the kids favorite award.
Perennial winners the Tripoli Motor Corp cycle and mini-car units were recipients of the crowd favorite award.
The best marching unit award was won by the Comedy Marching Band.
The most enthusiastic unit was awarded to the Heat All Star Cheerleaders.
A massive unit that combined the Hamilton Pep band, Chargerettes and Robotic Team was warmly received by the crowd.
- Retrospect: White's marriage ends her teaching career
- Pages from the Past: Nov. 5, 2014
- Sawall has new Sussex project
- Heavy absentee balloting in Sussex,Lisbon
- Former Butler cop Pergande sentenced to 30 days in jail for inappropriate photo of exotic dancer
- Pink out event at Sky Zone
- Opposition to YMCA/Village Hall growing?
- Area students to perform in honors concert
- Class photo shows early 1900s Main Street School in Sussex
- Pages from the Past: Oct. 29, 2014