Winners awarded at Sussex Lions Daze parade
Village of Sussex — The Sussex Lions Daze parade had almost 70 units and lasted a little more than an hour on Sunday, July 13. Parade attendees started setting out chairs as early as Monday, July 7, hoping to get an advantageous spot to view the festivities.
Under the direction of Sussex Lion Ralph Modjeska, there were a series of judges along the mile-long parade route to judge the best of the best. At the conclusion of the parade, scoresheets were collected and the judging committee awarded trophies in six categories.
The best float award was won by Uptown Art.
The most original award was won by the Jolly Giant Stilt Walkers.
Robert Summerville's Wacky Big Wheeler won the kids favorite award.
Perennial winners the Tripoli Motor Corp cycle and mini-car units were recipients of the crowd favorite award.
The best marching unit award was won by the Comedy Marching Band.
The most enthusiastic unit was awarded to the Heat All Star Cheerleaders.
A massive unit that combined the Hamilton Pep band, Chargerettes and Robotic Team was warmly received by the crowd.
- Yule Feed Families drive faces tall order in 25th year
- Lisbon may double debt for road repairs
- Reel World: 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2'
- Investigation into Sussex Lions Club coming to an end (1)
- Sussex food pantry looking for Christmas donations
- Pages from the Past, Nov. 25, 2015
- Retrsospect, Nov. 25, 2015: Play gets bumped from Community Hall
- New contract to make recycling easier in Sussex
- Sussex Lions have activities suspended because of gender discrimination allegations (4)
- Pauline Haass Library Board member Glodoski dies at 65