45°

Lake Country Weather

  • Log-in Edit profile
  • Register Logout

Detached garage fire threatens Village of Summit house

Dousman Fire District, Village of Summit

Firefighters from the Dousman Fire District responded to a report of a structure fire on May 27 at about 3:30 p.m. The first unit to arrive on the scene at 335000 Bartlett Road observed heavy fire and smoke coming from an unattached two-story, three-car garage, according to Assistant Chief Robert Leonard. 

Multiple fire crews responded to attack the fire and prevent it from spreading to the house. The fire caused about $30,000 in damage to the detached garage. The fire did not extend to the house. 

The cause of the fire was determined to be related to the occupant of the garage welding on a go kart and flammable liquid igniting, according to Leonard. The fire spread rapidly and the occupant was unable to extinguish it.

Leonard commended fire crews for "an excellent fire attack and preventing the fire from extending to the primary residence and its contents."

This site uses Facebook comments to make it easier for you to contribute. If you see a comment you would like to flag for spam or abuse, click the "x" in the upper right of it. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Page Tools