SJNMA hires new grid coach
Boley brought on as head football coach, replacing Richert
St. John's Northwestern Military Academy interim athletic director Paul Havel is happy and sad at the same time.
His excitement centers around the recent hiring of the Lancers new football coach, Gene Boley, who will replace longtime coach Gary Richert this fall.
"This is both a sad and exciting time for the football program at St. John's Northwestern Military Academy," said Havel in a recent press release. "Gary Richert developed a competitive football program as head coach for the past 11 years and retires from that position with the highest win record at the academy."
Boley has extensive education, teaching and coaching experience at the high school and college levels. He was a head coach of the Sprint football team at the United States Naval Academy, an offensive line coach at Indiana State University and a head coach at Carbondale Community College in Carbondale, Ill. He also coached at Pope John Paul II High School in Florida and Caroline High School in Virginia.
Boley was previously a physical education instructor and driving instructor in Virginia.
He'll also be the strength and conditioning coach at St. John's this fall.
"We look forward to Gene bringing new ideas," Havel said.
- Boys volleyball: Four Kettle Moraine players named first team
- Boys volleyball: After crazy semifinal, Kettle Moraine falls short in state final
- Boys volleyball: Kettle Moraine boys volleyball puts up a wall against Indian Trail
- Football: Arrowhead-Franklin the latest playoff epic to call Kettle Moraine home (4)
- Boys volleyball: Dallman, Waltz have been a net positive at Kettle Moraine
- Boys volleyball: Kettle Moraine boys volleyball plows onward to sectional final
- Girls swimming: Waukesha North/Kettle Moraine swimmers fourth in conference meet
- Boys soccer: Kettle Moraine kickers look to rebound in playoffs
- Girls swimming: Waukesha North/Kettle Moraine swimmers lose dual meet to Arrowhead
- Boys soccer: Kettle Moraine loses final regular season game