SJNMA hires new grid coach
Boley brought on as head football coach, replacing Richert
St. John's Northwestern Military Academy interim athletic director Paul Havel is happy and sad at the same time.
His excitement centers around the recent hiring of the Lancers new football coach, Gene Boley, who will replace longtime coach Gary Richert this fall.
"This is both a sad and exciting time for the football program at St. John's Northwestern Military Academy," said Havel in a recent press release. "Gary Richert developed a competitive football program as head coach for the past 11 years and retires from that position with the highest win record at the academy."
Boley has extensive education, teaching and coaching experience at the high school and college levels. He was a head coach of the Sprint football team at the United States Naval Academy, an offensive line coach at Indiana State University and a head coach at Carbondale Community College in Carbondale, Ill. He also coached at Pope John Paul II High School in Florida and Caroline High School in Virginia.
Boley was previously a physical education instructor and driving instructor in Virginia.
He'll also be the strength and conditioning coach at St. John's this fall.
"We look forward to Gene bringing new ideas," Havel said.
- Kettle Moraine Sports Shorts 01/29/15
- Boys swimming: Northstars swim to victory against Hartford
- Boys swimming: Northstars 11th at Marquette Invitational
- Year in review: A look back at 2014 in Kettle Moraine Index sports
- Boys hockey: Lasers dominate hockey meeting with Neenah
- Boys swimming: Northstars third in Compass Meet
- Baseball: Wilkinson brings impressive resume to KM
- Gymnastics: Mukwonago/KM gym team has spring in its step
- Wrestling: KM wrestling team in good position
- Girls swim: North/KM swim team 21st in medley relay