SJNMA hires new grid coach
Boley brought on as head football coach, replacing Richert
St. John's Northwestern Military Academy interim athletic director Paul Havel is happy and sad at the same time.
His excitement centers around the recent hiring of the Lancers new football coach, Gene Boley, who will replace longtime coach Gary Richert this fall.
"This is both a sad and exciting time for the football program at St. John's Northwestern Military Academy," said Havel in a recent press release. "Gary Richert developed a competitive football program as head coach for the past 11 years and retires from that position with the highest win record at the academy."
Boley has extensive education, teaching and coaching experience at the high school and college levels. He was a head coach of the Sprint football team at the United States Naval Academy, an offensive line coach at Indiana State University and a head coach at Carbondale Community College in Carbondale, Ill. He also coached at Pope John Paul II High School in Florida and Caroline High School in Virginia.
Boley was previously a physical education instructor and driving instructor in Virginia.
He'll also be the strength and conditioning coach at St. John's this fall.
"We look forward to Gene bringing new ideas," Havel said.
- Baseball: Kettle Moraine players named second-team All Conference
- Girls soccer: Two from Kettle Moraine girls soccer named first-team All Conference
- Land O’Lakes: Genesee Land O'Lakes baseball team splits
- Boys golf: Golfers finish Classic 8 in fifth place
- Girls soccer: Kettle Moraine girls soccer loses to Catholic Memorial on late goal
- Boys tennis: Kettle Moraine tennis advances all doubles flights to sectional
- Girls soccer: Kettle Moraine girls soccer loses in last minute to Arrowhead
- Land O’Lakes: Genesee wins LOL opener
- Girls soccer: Waukesha West proves to be too much for Kettle Moraine girls soccer
- Girls soccer: Kettle Moraine soccer wins fourth straight