Arrowhead wins in Malling's debut
Ryan Saeger threw for three touchdowns and ran for another, helping Arrowhead to an easy 35-0 win over Pewaukee in the debut of new Warhawks coach Greg Malling.
Pewaukee held its own through the first half despite trailing, 20-0. Saeger found Kenny Finco and Nick Abresch for scores, and Steve Dentice field goals punctuated two other golden opportunities that were stopped short of the end zone.
Perhaps worn down by Arrowhead's no-huddle offense, Pewaukee struggled to move the ball in the second half. Saeger rushed in for a touchdown and threw another to Sean Berendes, who also handled a two-point conversion to make it 35-0 with less than a minute to go in the third quarter.
- Land O’Lakes: Titans split with North Prairie
- Baseball: Pewaukee batters win sportsmanship award
- Sports Scene: Talking sports with some of my friends
- Preps Alcove: 'It is what it is:' Football is a bigger deal than other sports
- Baseball: Groth earns baseball honor (1)
- Polo teams splits twinbill
- Golf: Local golfers play well at State Amateur
- Land O’Lakes: Final slate of LOL games have playoff implications
- Land O’Lakes: Seven teams still alive to reach Land O' Lakes playoffs
- Baseball: Two Lasers earn mention