Arrowhead wins in Malling's debut
Ryan Saeger threw for three touchdowns and ran for another, helping Arrowhead to an easy 35-0 win over Pewaukee in the debut of new Warhawks coach Greg Malling.
Pewaukee held its own through the first half despite trailing, 20-0. Saeger found Kenny Finco and Nick Abresch for scores, and Steve Dentice field goals punctuated two other golden opportunities that were stopped short of the end zone.
Perhaps worn down by Arrowhead's no-huddle offense, Pewaukee struggled to move the ball in the second half. Saeger rushed in for a touchdown and threw another to Sean Berendes, who also handled a two-point conversion to make it 35-0 with less than a minute to go in the third quarter.
- Girls soccer: Arrowhead girls soccer team ready to travel a rugged road
- Softball: Pirates softball team shut out by Eisenhower
- Boys track and field: Simons wins for Arrowhead boys track and field team
- Boys track and field: Pewaukee boys track grab second title in as many events
- Girls track and field: Kettle Moraine wins three events at Waukesha South
- Girls basketball: Arrowhead girls look to future after run to state in 2015
- Softball: Freeze, Trojans no match for Pewaukee softball in opener
- Sports Scene: Lots of questions, only a few answers
- New approach: 92-year-old Van Dam will keep bowling even as Hartbrook closes
- Girls basketball: Injuries that cost KM girls could be blessing in disguise