Pewaukee overcomes Trojans' fast start
On the first possession of the game, the Trojans started from their own 30-yard line. Two plays later, they were up 6-0. On the first play from scrimmage, senior running back Mickey Morgan scampered 58 yards up the sideline. Junior running back Jameson Brock followed Morgan's big play by running the ball in from 12 yards out to give the Trojans an early lead.
In response, Pewaukee senior linebacker Doug Devoe was moved to the outside to stop the perimeter attack of the Trojans, and it worked well. The Trojans had collected 70 yards of offense on their first possession. They gained just another 70 the rest of the way.
“They were running rocket and they had trips, so they moved me outside so I could condense it and slow down so we can all break down and make the tackle,” said Devoe.
Pewaukee (5-0) had 10 penalties total, including three personal fouls.
- Arrowhead graduate Reinders lighting it up in show skiing
- Land O’Lakes: Titans split with North Prairie
- Baseball: Pewaukee batters win sportsmanship award
- Sports Scene: Talking sports with some of my friends
- Preps Alcove: 'It is what it is:' Football is a bigger deal than other sports
- Baseball: Groth earns baseball honor (1)
- Polo teams splits twinbill
- Golf: Local golfers play well at State Amateur
- Land O’Lakes: Final slate of LOL games have playoff implications
- Land O’Lakes: Seven teams still alive to reach Land O' Lakes playoffs