Pewaukee overcomes Trojans' fast start
On the first possession of the game, the Trojans started from their own 30-yard line. Two plays later, they were up 6-0. On the first play from scrimmage, senior running back Mickey Morgan scampered 58 yards up the sideline. Junior running back Jameson Brock followed Morgan's big play by running the ball in from 12 yards out to give the Trojans an early lead.
In response, Pewaukee senior linebacker Doug Devoe was moved to the outside to stop the perimeter attack of the Trojans, and it worked well. The Trojans had collected 70 yards of offense on their first possession. They gained just another 70 the rest of the way.
“They were running rocket and they had trips, so they moved me outside so I could condense it and slow down so we can all break down and make the tackle,” said Devoe.
Pewaukee (5-0) had 10 penalties total, including three personal fouls.
- Just kids from Waukesha County: Joe Schobert, Derek Watt make history in 2016 NFL Draft
- Softball: Lake Country Lutheran wins doubleheader
- Baseball: Lake Country Lutheran baseball loses close call to powerful Division 2 team
- Girls soccer: Arrowhead girls soccer stays undefeated with three straight wins
- Girls soccer: Pewaukee girls soccer rolls past Cudahy
- Girls soccer: Lake Country Lutheran girls soccer on a roll after four straight wins
- Lake Country Sports Shorts 05/03/16
- Track and field: Arrowhead teams grab top-three finishes at Northstar Invite
- Boys tennis: Arrowhead netters go 1-2 at Neenah
- Girls soccer: Kettle Moraine girls soccer wins tight contest over Oconomowoc