Landisch will play for Badgers
Arrowhead's Derek Landisch, who missed much of last football season with an injury, has given a verbal agreement to attend the University of Wisconsin on a football scholarship.
Following in the footsteps of former Arrowhead players Nick Hayden and Tyler Donovan, Landisch received the offer after attending a Wisconsin camp Sunday and Monday.
According to the Wisconsin Sports Network, Landisch committed Tuesday morning to the state's top program.
Landisch chose Wisconsin over a litany of Division 1 programs, including Minnesota and Northwestern in the Big Ten.
The three-year varsity starter incurred an ankle injury that cost him five games in the 2009 season, but a healthy Landisch is expected to play at running back and linebacker for the Warhawks in the upcoming season.
- Girls basketball: Lake Country Lutheran stays perfect despite injuries
- Basketball: Bolger, Rahmlow hot for ULS
- Boys basketball: First-half run helps Pewaukee best Oconomowoc
- Boys hockey: AHS hockey team romps
- Girls basketball: Late run lends optimism to Arrowhead girls despite loss to Pius
- Boys basketball: Lake Country Lutheran hopes to compete in tough conference
- Football: Bredeson, Malling earn football honors
- Sports Scene: Talking sports with some of my friends
- Lake Country Sports Shorts 11/26/15
- Charlie's Choices 11/26/15