Landisch will play for Badgers
Arrowhead's Derek Landisch, who missed much of last football season with an injury, has given a verbal agreement to attend the University of Wisconsin on a football scholarship.
Following in the footsteps of former Arrowhead players Nick Hayden and Tyler Donovan, Landisch received the offer after attending a Wisconsin camp Sunday and Monday.
According to the Wisconsin Sports Network, Landisch committed Tuesday morning to the state's top program.
Landisch chose Wisconsin over a litany of Division 1 programs, including Minnesota and Northwestern in the Big Ten.
The three-year varsity starter incurred an ankle injury that cost him five games in the 2009 season, but a healthy Landisch is expected to play at running back and linebacker for the Warhawks in the upcoming season.
- Track and field: Seidel wins two races, captures MVP award
- Girls basketball: Goetz writes a successful final chapter
- Girls basketball: Injury shelves Arrowhead's Goulet in her senior season
- Girls basketball: New Berlin West girls stage early-round stunner over Pewaukee
- Gymnastics: Gymnasts shatter glass ceiling, reach state
- Boys hockey: Lasers hockey team runs into wall at sectional final
- Boys basketball: Pewaukee boys finish second in Woodland West
- Girls basketball: Arrowhead girls end Kettle Moraine season
- Girls basketball: Lake Country Lutheran falls, season ends
- Wrestling: Pewaukee wrestling, new to Division 1, emerges from state with four medals