Landisch will play for Badgers
Arrowhead's Derek Landisch, who missed much of last football season with an injury, has given a verbal agreement to attend the University of Wisconsin on a football scholarship.
Following in the footsteps of former Arrowhead players Nick Hayden and Tyler Donovan, Landisch received the offer after attending a Wisconsin camp Sunday and Monday.
According to the Wisconsin Sports Network, Landisch committed Tuesday morning to the state's top program.
Landisch chose Wisconsin over a litany of Division 1 programs, including Minnesota and Northwestern in the Big Ten.
The three-year varsity starter incurred an ankle injury that cost him five games in the 2009 season, but a healthy Landisch is expected to play at running back and linebacker for the Warhawks in the upcoming season.
- Wrestling: New co-op hands Pewaukee matmen defeat
- Wrestling: Arrowhead rally falls short
- Girls basketball: Pewaukee girls basketball moves to 7-0
- Boys basketball: Own gym suits Pewaukee just fine
- Basketball: No. 1 plays the part against Arrowhead girls
- Basketball: Lasers boys hold off Memorial
- Sports Scene: Can the Pewaukee girls topple mighty Pius?
- Bowling scores 12/18/14
- College football: Whitewater to play for national title ... again
- Football: Bredeson named AP All-State