Landisch will play for Badgers
Arrowhead's Derek Landisch, who missed much of last football season with an injury, has given a verbal agreement to attend the University of Wisconsin on a football scholarship.
Following in the footsteps of former Arrowhead players Nick Hayden and Tyler Donovan, Landisch received the offer after attending a Wisconsin camp Sunday and Monday.
According to the Wisconsin Sports Network, Landisch committed Tuesday morning to the state's top program.
Landisch chose Wisconsin over a litany of Division 1 programs, including Minnesota and Northwestern in the Big Ten.
The three-year varsity starter incurred an ankle injury that cost him five games in the 2009 season, but a healthy Landisch is expected to play at running back and linebacker for the Warhawks in the upcoming season.
- Girls volleyball: Andersen comes alive against KCL girls
- Sports Shorts 10/30/14
- Girls volleyball: Mukwonago pulls away from Arrowhead in volleyball sectional
- Boys soccer: Jende named Woodland Player of Year
- Sports Scene: Talking sports with some of my friends
- Charlie's Choices 10/30/14
- Cross country: Change worked great for Pewaukee runner Morgan Patterson
- Cross country: Lake Country caravan motors to state
- Football: Warhawks, Lightning set for round two
- Boys soccer: Lasers left on doorstep in shootout