Landisch will play for Badgers
Arrowhead's Derek Landisch, who missed much of last football season with an injury, has given a verbal agreement to attend the University of Wisconsin on a football scholarship.
Following in the footsteps of former Arrowhead players Nick Hayden and Tyler Donovan, Landisch received the offer after attending a Wisconsin camp Sunday and Monday.
According to the Wisconsin Sports Network, Landisch committed Tuesday morning to the state's top program.
Landisch chose Wisconsin over a litany of Division 1 programs, including Minnesota and Northwestern in the Big Ten.
The three-year varsity starter incurred an ankle injury that cost him five games in the 2009 season, but a healthy Landisch is expected to play at running back and linebacker for the Warhawks in the upcoming season.
- Land O’Lakes: Land O'Lakes race tightens
- Baseball: Pirates finish second place
- Baseball: Hartland Legion team wins two more
- Baseball: Kettle Moraine succumbs to big bats of Waukesha West
- Sports Scene: Talking sports with some of my friends
- Lake Country Sports Shorts 07/01/15
- Baseball: Pewaukee breaks out of hiding
- Polo team gets upset win
- Land O’Lakes: North Lake stuns Lannon
- Golf: Former Arrowhead golfer Driscoll second at Fischer Amateur in Janesville