Landisch will play for Badgers
Arrowhead's Derek Landisch, who missed much of last football season with an injury, has given a verbal agreement to attend the University of Wisconsin on a football scholarship.
Following in the footsteps of former Arrowhead players Nick Hayden and Tyler Donovan, Landisch received the offer after attending a Wisconsin camp Sunday and Monday.
According to the Wisconsin Sports Network, Landisch committed Tuesday morning to the state's top program.
Landisch chose Wisconsin over a litany of Division 1 programs, including Minnesota and Northwestern in the Big Ten.
The three-year varsity starter incurred an ankle injury that cost him five games in the 2009 season, but a healthy Landisch is expected to play at running back and linebacker for the Warhawks in the upcoming season.
- Boys volleyball: Dittman, Martell honored by state volleyball coaches
- Two Arrowhead football players named All State
- Boys soccer: Pewaukee, Arrowhead honored by state soccer coaches
- Football: Paper Cut: Warhawks settle for silver
- Football: Know the enemy: Kimberly
- Boys volleyball: Martell's rapid rise led to POY honor
- Girls swimming: Jacob one of state's best
- Charlie's Choices 11/20/14
- Sports Scene: Will the beat go on for the Warhawks?
- History lesson: Eleventh heaven: a look back at Arrowhead's state-title appearances