Landisch will play for Badgers
Arrowhead's Derek Landisch, who missed much of last football season with an injury, has given a verbal agreement to attend the University of Wisconsin on a football scholarship.
Following in the footsteps of former Arrowhead players Nick Hayden and Tyler Donovan, Landisch received the offer after attending a Wisconsin camp Sunday and Monday.
According to the Wisconsin Sports Network, Landisch committed Tuesday morning to the state's top program.
Landisch chose Wisconsin over a litany of Division 1 programs, including Minnesota and Northwestern in the Big Ten.
The three-year varsity starter incurred an ankle injury that cost him five games in the 2009 season, but a healthy Landisch is expected to play at running back and linebacker for the Warhawks in the upcoming season.
- Girls soccer: Big lead propels Arrowhead over Kettle Moraine
- Track and field: Blazing fast 4x200-meter relay leads KMHS
- Girls track and field: Arrowhead girls win regional title
- Boys tennis: Arrowhead, KM netters have strong subsectional
- Boys golf: Arrowhead, Pewaukee individuals break through loaded golf regional
- Boys golf: Naumann medals as Kettle Moraine golf team advances
- Track and field: Argue, Johnson, Wagner among sectional champs
- Baseball: No-hitter kicks off Pewaukee season in style
- State of Play: It's never too early to talk football
- Sports Scene: Softball race was a real Classic