Landisch will play for Badgers
Arrowhead's Derek Landisch, who missed much of last football season with an injury, has given a verbal agreement to attend the University of Wisconsin on a football scholarship.
Following in the footsteps of former Arrowhead players Nick Hayden and Tyler Donovan, Landisch received the offer after attending a Wisconsin camp Sunday and Monday.
According to the Wisconsin Sports Network, Landisch committed Tuesday morning to the state's top program.
Landisch chose Wisconsin over a litany of Division 1 programs, including Minnesota and Northwestern in the Big Ten.
The three-year varsity starter incurred an ankle injury that cost him five games in the 2009 season, but a healthy Landisch is expected to play at running back and linebacker for the Warhawks in the upcoming season.
- Softball: Pewaukee softball squad downs Shorewood
- Boys tennis: Pewaukee takes down Pius in close Woodland battle
- Baseball: Lake Country Lutheran offense has big two days against SJNMA
- Girls soccer: Kettle Moraine goes 1-0-1 against Brookfield teams
- Boys tennis: Kettle Moraine netters open with a sweep
- Girls soccer: Pewaukee soccer cruises to fourth win
- Track and field: Tough going for Pewaukee girls track team
- Softball: Kettle Moraine softball team splits
- Softball: Arrowhead softball team wins twice more
- Boys golf: Arrowhead golfers go 3 for 3