Landisch will play for Badgers
Arrowhead's Derek Landisch, who missed much of last football season with an injury, has given a verbal agreement to attend the University of Wisconsin on a football scholarship.
Following in the footsteps of former Arrowhead players Nick Hayden and Tyler Donovan, Landisch received the offer after attending a Wisconsin camp Sunday and Monday.
According to the Wisconsin Sports Network, Landisch committed Tuesday morning to the state's top program.
Landisch chose Wisconsin over a litany of Division 1 programs, including Minnesota and Northwestern in the Big Ten.
The three-year varsity starter incurred an ankle injury that cost him five games in the 2009 season, but a healthy Landisch is expected to play at running back and linebacker for the Warhawks in the upcoming season.
- Boys swimming: Arrowhead swimmers triumph at Classic 8 meet
- Basketball: Lake Country Lutheran girls breeze past University School
- Wrestling: Arrowhead gets three conference champions
- Wrestling: Two champions crowned for St. John's Northwestern Military Academy
- Wrestling: Pewaukee makes comeback to split title with Greenfield
- Boys hockey: Kettle Moraine skaters spring a surprise
- Gymnastics: Sherman wins two events for Arrowhead gymnastics
- Boys hockey: Arrowhead skaters back on track with two wins
- Girls basketball: Kettle Moraine girls stay within one game of first after topping South
- Skiing: Arrowhead skiers win league titles