Landisch will play for Badgers
Arrowhead's Derek Landisch, who missed much of last football season with an injury, has given a verbal agreement to attend the University of Wisconsin on a football scholarship.
Following in the footsteps of former Arrowhead players Nick Hayden and Tyler Donovan, Landisch received the offer after attending a Wisconsin camp Sunday and Monday.
According to the Wisconsin Sports Network, Landisch committed Tuesday morning to the state's top program.
Landisch chose Wisconsin over a litany of Division 1 programs, including Minnesota and Northwestern in the Big Ten.
The three-year varsity starter incurred an ankle injury that cost him five games in the 2009 season, but a healthy Landisch is expected to play at running back and linebacker for the Warhawks in the upcoming season.
- Girls soccer: Pewaukee girls soccer rolls past Cudahy
- Girls soccer: Lake Country Lutheran girls soccer on a roll after four straight wins
- Lake Country Sports Shorts 05/03/16
- Track and field: Arrowhead teams grab top-three finishes at Northstar Invite
- Boys tennis: Arrowhead netters go 1-2 at Neenah
- Girls soccer: Kettle Moraine girls soccer wins tight contest over Oconomowoc
- Track and field: Kettle Moraine girls victorious in Northstar Invite
- Track and field: Pewaukee track teams grab third at own Altheimer Invite
- Boys golf: Pewaukee golfers tie for first at Morningstar Invite
- Softball: Lasers softball team swept in twinbill against CMH