Landisch will play for Badgers
Arrowhead's Derek Landisch, who missed much of last football season with an injury, has given a verbal agreement to attend the University of Wisconsin on a football scholarship.
Following in the footsteps of former Arrowhead players Nick Hayden and Tyler Donovan, Landisch received the offer after attending a Wisconsin camp Sunday and Monday.
According to the Wisconsin Sports Network, Landisch committed Tuesday morning to the state's top program.
Landisch chose Wisconsin over a litany of Division 1 programs, including Minnesota and Northwestern in the Big Ten.
The three-year varsity starter incurred an ankle injury that cost him five games in the 2009 season, but a healthy Landisch is expected to play at running back and linebacker for the Warhawks in the upcoming season.
- Football: Former Arrowhead standout Saeger named starter
- Arrowhead graduate Reinders lighting it up in show skiing
- Land O’Lakes: Titans split with North Prairie
- Baseball: Pewaukee batters win sportsmanship award
- Sports Scene: Talking sports with some of my friends
- Preps Alcove: 'It is what it is:' Football is a bigger deal than other sports
- Baseball: Groth earns baseball honor (1)
- Polo teams splits twinbill
- Golf: Local golfers play well at State Amateur
- Land O’Lakes: Final slate of LOL games have playoff implications