Landisch will play for Badgers
Arrowhead's Derek Landisch, who missed much of last football season with an injury, has given a verbal agreement to attend the University of Wisconsin on a football scholarship.
Following in the footsteps of former Arrowhead players Nick Hayden and Tyler Donovan, Landisch received the offer after attending a Wisconsin camp Sunday and Monday.
According to the Wisconsin Sports Network, Landisch committed Tuesday morning to the state's top program.
Landisch chose Wisconsin over a litany of Division 1 programs, including Minnesota and Northwestern in the Big Ten.
The three-year varsity starter incurred an ankle injury that cost him five games in the 2009 season, but a healthy Landisch is expected to play at running back and linebacker for the Warhawks in the upcoming season.
- Sports Scene: Another meat grinder in race for Classic 8 football conference title
- Sports Shorts 09/03/15
- Charlie's Choices 09/03/15
- Girls tennis: Warhawks tennis team wins twice more
- Girls golf: Arrowhead golfers dominate first league mega meet
- Frank Remarks: Top high-school athletes face backlash when attending out-of-state schools
- Boys soccer: Lake Country Lutheran soccer continues winning ways
- Girls volleyball: Lake Country Lutheran volleyball rolls to 6-0
- Boys soccer: Five-goal second half secures win for Arrowhead kickers
- Boys soccer: Pewaukee kickers stay undefeated