Landisch will play for Badgers
Arrowhead's Derek Landisch, who missed much of last football season with an injury, has given a verbal agreement to attend the University of Wisconsin on a football scholarship.
Following in the footsteps of former Arrowhead players Nick Hayden and Tyler Donovan, Landisch received the offer after attending a Wisconsin camp Sunday and Monday.
According to the Wisconsin Sports Network, Landisch committed Tuesday morning to the state's top program.
Landisch chose Wisconsin over a litany of Division 1 programs, including Minnesota and Northwestern in the Big Ten.
The three-year varsity starter incurred an ankle injury that cost him five games in the 2009 season, but a healthy Landisch is expected to play at running back and linebacker for the Warhawks in the upcoming season.
- Boys soccer: Brookfield East leaves Pewaukee feeling foggy
- Football: Poll: Which area team will win a state football title?
- Girls swimming: Adamski, Barta anchor Arrowhead swim team
- Girls volleyball: Pewaukee volleyball team falls in regional
- Basketball: Post-grad program at SJNMA gears up for another season
- Girls tennis: Arrowhead tennis looking for one more accomplishment
- Charlie's Choices 10/23/14
- Football: New dawn for Lake Country Lutheran football
- Girls tennis: Pewaukee tennis made strides
- Football: It's showtime for area football teams