Landisch will play for Badgers
Arrowhead's Derek Landisch, who missed much of last football season with an injury, has given a verbal agreement to attend the University of Wisconsin on a football scholarship.
Following in the footsteps of former Arrowhead players Nick Hayden and Tyler Donovan, Landisch received the offer after attending a Wisconsin camp Sunday and Monday.
According to the Wisconsin Sports Network, Landisch committed Tuesday morning to the state's top program.
Landisch chose Wisconsin over a litany of Division 1 programs, including Minnesota and Northwestern in the Big Ten.
The three-year varsity starter incurred an ankle injury that cost him five games in the 2009 season, but a healthy Landisch is expected to play at running back and linebacker for the Warhawks in the upcoming season.
- Sports Scene: Talking sports with some of my friends
- Charlie's Choices 11/27/14
- Boys hockey: Arrowhead has mix of seniors, youth
- Football: Landisch, Badgers have an axe to grind
- Bowling scores 11/25/14
- Boys hockey: Hopes high for KM hockey
- Girls basketball: One good quarter, one good win for KM girls
- Girls basketball: Pewaukee girls stun defending champ Notre Dame to open girls basketball seaeson
- Girls basketball: Arrowhead girls drop opener to Pius
- Football: Waukesha teams, players have made their mark