Landisch will play for Badgers
Arrowhead's Derek Landisch, who missed much of last football season with an injury, has given a verbal agreement to attend the University of Wisconsin on a football scholarship.
Following in the footsteps of former Arrowhead players Nick Hayden and Tyler Donovan, Landisch received the offer after attending a Wisconsin camp Sunday and Monday.
According to the Wisconsin Sports Network, Landisch committed Tuesday morning to the state's top program.
Landisch chose Wisconsin over a litany of Division 1 programs, including Minnesota and Northwestern in the Big Ten.
The three-year varsity starter incurred an ankle injury that cost him five games in the 2009 season, but a healthy Landisch is expected to play at running back and linebacker for the Warhawks in the upcoming season.
- Softball: Pirates softball team shut out by Eisenhower
- Boys track and field: Simons wins for Arrowhead boys track and field team
- Boys track and field: Pewaukee boys track grab second title in as many events
- Girls track and field: Kettle Moraine wins three events at Waukesha South
- Girls basketball: Arrowhead girls look to future after run to state in 2015
- Softball: Freeze, Trojans no match for Pewaukee softball in opener
- Sports Scene: Lots of questions, only a few answers
- New approach: 92-year-old Van Dam will keep bowling even as Hartbrook closes
- Girls basketball: Injuries that cost KM girls could be blessing in disguise
- Boys basketball: KM boys program has sustained its success