Landisch will play for Badgers
Arrowhead's Derek Landisch, who missed much of last football season with an injury, has given a verbal agreement to attend the University of Wisconsin on a football scholarship.
Following in the footsteps of former Arrowhead players Nick Hayden and Tyler Donovan, Landisch received the offer after attending a Wisconsin camp Sunday and Monday.
According to the Wisconsin Sports Network, Landisch committed Tuesday morning to the state's top program.
Landisch chose Wisconsin over a litany of Division 1 programs, including Minnesota and Northwestern in the Big Ten.
The three-year varsity starter incurred an ankle injury that cost him five games in the 2009 season, but a healthy Landisch is expected to play at running back and linebacker for the Warhawks in the upcoming season.
- Boys basketball: Muskego boys basketball team jumps out to early lead, rolls past KM
- Girls basketball: Guard play lifts Arrowhead again in huge girls basketball win over Mukwonago
- Wrestling: Pewaukee wrestlers stay a step ahead of Wauwatosa
- Lake Country Sports Shorts 01/29/15
- Basketball: ULS girls 'just hitting their stride'
- Boys hockey: Arrowhead hockey team wins
- Boys basketball: Pewaukee boys win big
- Boys hockey: Stemberger's stunning goal gives Lasers huge overtime win over Waukesha
- Boys swimming: Arrowhead swimmers grab second in West Bend
- Skiing: Arrowhead ski teams sweep