Arrowhead wrestling team handles Muskego
Sure, there have been some early growing pains, but the Arrowhead wrestling team was back in the familiar winner's circle in the Classic 8 Conference opener Thursday in a 55-16 victory over league newcomer Muskego.
Wins came from some familiar faces, such as Andrew Crone at 132 (pin), Cory Cinelli at 138 (pin), Austin Yde at 145 (major decision), Mitch Berenz at 152 (pin) ad Zach Barbee at 170 (pin). Others winning were Aidan Yde at 106 (pin), Blake Weber at 113 (pin), Josh Cinelli at 160 (pin), Daniel Sorenson at 195 (pin) and Justin Wallace at 220 (pin).
"Some of our big guys have just started, so they've got some growing pains early," coach Jeremy Miller said. "But they're showing improvement. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what they're going to be doing as we go through the year."
With one of the top football programs in the state, Miller said the football staff has supported the idea of bringing some bigger bodies to wrestling.
Crone, who won a state title as a sophomore, will look to get back to the podium after missing the top six last year. He's headed to wrestle for the University of Wisconsin next year.
"He's definitely motivated," Miller said.
- Girls tennis: Kolbow second at state tennis meet
- Cross country: Arrowhead runners bring out the brooms
- Football: Lasers don't get the breaks for playoff berth
- Football: Lancers finish on high note
- Girls swimming: Northstars swim second
- Boys soccer: KM takes soccer show on the road
- Girls volleyball: Lasers volleyball closes regular season on up note
- Girls swimming: Arrowhead swimmers win
- Cross country: Pewaukee's Robert Wagner wins Woodland, leads Pirates to crown
- Boys soccer: Pewaukee crashing the D2 party