Arrowhead wrestling team handles Muskego
Sure, there have been some early growing pains, but the Arrowhead wrestling team was back in the familiar winner's circle in the Classic 8 Conference opener Thursday in a 55-16 victory over league newcomer Muskego.
Wins came from some familiar faces, such as Andrew Crone at 132 (pin), Cory Cinelli at 138 (pin), Austin Yde at 145 (major decision), Mitch Berenz at 152 (pin) ad Zach Barbee at 170 (pin). Others winning were Aidan Yde at 106 (pin), Blake Weber at 113 (pin), Josh Cinelli at 160 (pin), Daniel Sorenson at 195 (pin) and Justin Wallace at 220 (pin).
"Some of our big guys have just started, so they've got some growing pains early," coach Jeremy Miller said. "But they're showing improvement. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what they're going to be doing as we go through the year."
With one of the top football programs in the state, Miller said the football staff has supported the idea of bringing some bigger bodies to wrestling.
Crone, who won a state title as a sophomore, will look to get back to the podium after missing the top six last year. He's headed to wrestle for the University of Wisconsin next year.
"He's definitely motivated," Miller said.
- Girls soccer: Early goal, injury mark a setback for Pewaukee
- Softball: Arrowhead softball team opens with a split
- Softball: Kettle Moraine softball team walks to a win
- Girls track and field: Arrowhead girls record strong showing at South
- Wisconsin's 'Captain' Gasser began career by thwarting Pewaukee Pirates in 2007
- Sports Scene: NCAA tourney now down to the Final Four
- Baseball: Defending champion Lightning look to keep it rolling
- Girls soccer: Arrowhead girls soccer team ready to travel a rugged road
- Softball: Pirates softball team shut out by Eisenhower
- Boys track and field: Simons wins for Arrowhead boys track and field team