Arrowhead's Haase wins 200th game
Veteran Arrowhead boys basketball coach Craig Haase reached a milestone last Friday night when the Warhawks scored a come-from-behind 47-42 nonconference victory over Milwaukee Morse/Marshall/Juneau at the Terry Porter Classic at Milwaukee South. The win gave the 1989 Arrowhead graduate his 200th victory at AHS.
Haase, in his 13 years running the boys program, has put together an impressive career mark of 200-87. He has the highest winning percentage (69.6 percent) of any boys basketball coach in the 58-year history of the school and also the most wins.
Despite playing one of the toughest schedules in the state each year, he has never had a losing record since taking the job prior to the 2000-01 season.
He's taken seven of his first 12 teams to the WIAA sectional and has been to the state tournament twice in the last seven years. The Warhawks won the Division 1 state championship in 2009-10, finishing the year with a school-record mark of 25-3. In 2005-06, Arrowhead advanced to the state tourney and lost in the semi-finals to the eventual state champion Oshkosh West.
Haase also led the Warhawks to five consecutive WIAA sectional appearances starting in 2002, a school record.
- Baseball: Kettle Moraine succumbs to big bats of Waukesha West
- Sports Scene: Talking sports with some of my friends
- Lake Country Sports Shorts 07/01/15
- Baseball: Pewaukee breaks out of hiding
- Polo team gets upset win
- Land O’Lakes: North Lake stuns Lannon
- Golf: Former Arrowhead golfer Driscoll second at Fischer Amateur in Janesville
- Land O’Lakes: LOL batters chasing Rohlinger, Roberts
- Land O’Lakes: Monches snags the Muskies
- Boys tennis: Roecker named Coach of the Year