Kettle Moraine reaches fifth straight WIAA sectional final
Lasers volleyball downs Memorial in three sets
Kettle Moraine breezed into the WIAA boys volleyball sectional final, overcoming hiccups in one set and topping Beloit Memorial on Tuesday, 25-14, 25-22, 25-17.
The Lasers have now reached the sectional final five straight years, but this is the first time Kettle Moraine holds the top seed in that stretch. KM last reached the state tournament in 2008 and 2009.
The Lasers will face visiting Middleton on Thursday. The Cardinals eliminated Mukwonago in four sets on Tuesday.
"I think we got a little complacent with how we were playing and didn't play our smartest volleyball (in the second set), but they played alright," KM coach Tom Gulak said. "When we were playing well in all three sets, it didn't look very close. It gave me a chance to play everyone."
Gulak credited junior setter Michael Orgas, senior outside Adam Martell, senior hitter Alex Koenig and senior defensive specialist Ben Mayer for a job well done.
"We'll see as we up the level of play on Thursday, because I think Middleton will come in here with a little higher level of play," Gulak said.
- Girls tennis: Kolbow second at state tennis meet
- Cross country: Arrowhead runners bring out the brooms
- Football: Lasers don't get the breaks for playoff berth
- Football: Lancers finish on high note
- Girls swimming: Northstars swim second
- Boys soccer: KM takes soccer show on the road
- Girls volleyball: Lasers volleyball closes regular season on up note
- Girls swimming: Arrowhead swimmers win
- Cross country: Pewaukee's Robert Wagner wins Woodland, leads Pirates to crown
- Boys soccer: Pewaukee crashing the D2 party