Kettle Moraine reaches fifth straight WIAA sectional final
Lasers volleyball downs Memorial in three sets
Kettle Moraine breezed into the WIAA boys volleyball sectional final, overcoming hiccups in one set and topping Beloit Memorial on Tuesday, 25-14, 25-22, 25-17.
The Lasers have now reached the sectional final five straight years, but this is the first time Kettle Moraine holds the top seed in that stretch. KM last reached the state tournament in 2008 and 2009.
The Lasers will face visiting Middleton on Thursday. The Cardinals eliminated Mukwonago in four sets on Tuesday.
"I think we got a little complacent with how we were playing and didn't play our smartest volleyball (in the second set), but they played alright," KM coach Tom Gulak said. "When we were playing well in all three sets, it didn't look very close. It gave me a chance to play everyone."
Gulak credited junior setter Michael Orgas, senior outside Adam Martell, senior hitter Alex Koenig and senior defensive specialist Ben Mayer for a job well done.
"We'll see as we up the level of play on Thursday, because I think Middleton will come in here with a little higher level of play," Gulak said.
- Track and field: Pewaukee track teams grab third at own Altheimer Invite
- Boys golf: Pewaukee golfers tie for first at Morningstar Invite
- Softball: Lasers softball team swept in twinbill against CMH
- Boys tennis: Undefeated Arrowhead, Kettle Moraine tennis teams to face off
- Baseball: Arrowhead dispatches Memorial again by 10-0 score
- Football: Pewaukee's Derek Watt selected in sixth round of NFL Draft
- Preps Alcove: Molly Seidel's incredible career could culminate at Olympics
- State of Play: Old sports trinkets can encourage participation, enrich relationship
- Softball: Pewaukee softball team splits
- Girls soccer: Arrowhead soccer gets another shutout