Kettle Moraine upsets Catholic Memorial boys
Kettle Moraine's boys basketball team got its signature victory of the season Tuesday night. Hosting third-place Catholic Memorial in a Classic 8 Conference game, the Lasers got off to a torrid start and stunned the Crusaders, 60-55.
The win moved the KM record to 11-10 overall and 5-8 in league play. Kettle Moraine will close out the regular season on Friday at Muskego (7-13, 3-9).
In the first round of the WIAA Division 1 regional, the Lasers will play at Arrowhead (18-3) on Friday, Feb. 22.
Against Memorial (15-6, 9-4) on Tuesday, KM got off to fast start, taking a 19-4 lead after the first period. By halftime, the Lasers led, 37-22.
CMH did get the upper hand in the second half, outscoring Kettle Moraine by a 33-23 margin. KM never gave up the lead in the second half.
Junior guard Paul Miller, who has been solid all season for the Lasers, fired in 30 points to lead the winners Miller had nine baskets and converted 8 of 9 foul shots.
Going into the game, Miller had made 24 straight free throws in his previous four games.
Junior forward Mitchell Oleson tossed in 10 tallies for the Lasers. Mike Giesie was next with 7 points.
Ayinde Starling led Memorial with 18 points.
- Boys tennis: Arrowhead, Kettle Moraine well represented at state tennis
- Softball: Mimi Bradley, Arrowhead end Kettle Moraine softball season
- Softball: Resilient Lake Country Lutheran softball loses in extra innings
- Girls soccer: Kettle Moraine girls soccer scores late to win
- Baseball: Pewaukee baseball rallies, improves to 3-1
- Softball: Pewaukee softball season ends against West
- Sports Shorts 05/31/16
- Track and field: Lake Country Lutheran boys 4x200 relay is off to state
- Softball: Arrowhead, Kettle Moraine win softball openers
- Baseball: Kettle Moraine nine win first game