Kettle Moraine upsets Catholic Memorial boys
Kettle Moraine's boys basketball team got its signature victory of the season Tuesday night. Hosting third-place Catholic Memorial in a Classic 8 Conference game, the Lasers got off to a torrid start and stunned the Crusaders, 60-55.
The win moved the KM record to 11-10 overall and 5-8 in league play. Kettle Moraine will close out the regular season on Friday at Muskego (7-13, 3-9).
In the first round of the WIAA Division 1 regional, the Lasers will play at Arrowhead (18-3) on Friday, Feb. 22.
Against Memorial (15-6, 9-4) on Tuesday, KM got off to fast start, taking a 19-4 lead after the first period. By halftime, the Lasers led, 37-22.
CMH did get the upper hand in the second half, outscoring Kettle Moraine by a 33-23 margin. KM never gave up the lead in the second half.
Junior guard Paul Miller, who has been solid all season for the Lasers, fired in 30 points to lead the winners Miller had nine baskets and converted 8 of 9 foul shots.
Going into the game, Miller had made 24 straight free throws in his previous four games.
Junior forward Mitchell Oleson tossed in 10 tallies for the Lasers. Mike Giesie was next with 7 points.
Ayinde Starling led Memorial with 18 points.
- Football: Lake Country Lutheran can't steal the show under new lights
- Boys soccer: Pewaukee kickers look to build on past success
- Girls volleyball: Lightning cruise to tournament win in Racine
- Boys soccer: Lightning open season with loss
- Boys soccer: Despite adversity, Pewaukee kickers show where they stand
- Boys soccer: Arrowhead kickers open season with shutout win
- Boys cross country: Twelve runners return for Arrowhead CC team
- Girls volleyball: Pewaukee volleyball young, but experienced
- Polo team loses
- Cross country: Pewaukee boys CC could make state-title run