Pewaukee boys score 87 points at St. Francis
Pewaukee's varsity boys basketball team ventured to St. Francis on Dec. 11 for a Woodland Conference meeting and rolled to victory, winning for the fifth time this season with an 87-54 result over the Mariners.
Sophomore guard Evan Hansen scored 15 points for the Pirates. Junior forward Eric Lutzen also had 15 points. Junior forward Steven Mulvey scored 12 points, and sophomore Steven McGowan finished with 11 points.
Senior guard Nick Clement and senior guard Daniel Kemp each chipped in with 6 points for the Pirates, up 50-20 at halftime.
"We pressed them and got a comfortable lead," Pewaukee head boys basketball coach Mike Basile said. "Everyone played and played pretty well. It was important to get back on track."
On Dec. 14, the Pirates travel to Milwaukee Pius.
- Football: Pewaukee comes up empty against Lions
- Cross country: Good meet for Lasers runners
- Boys hockey: Valimont to coach Arrowhead hockey again
- Girls tennis: Johnson, Lochner win for PHS
- Girls golf: Arrowhead, Lasers move to golf sectional
- Girls swimming: Arrowhead swim team edges South/Mukwonago
- Football: Arrowhead football defeats Kettle Moraine, 34-14
- State of Play: Narrowing list of Offensive Player of the Year candidates a challenge
- Boys soccer: Arrowhead's Carr and Wegner now play for school pride
- Boys soccer: Pewaukee kickers win huge against Cudahy/St. Francis