Pewaukee boys score 87 points at St. Francis
Pewaukee's varsity boys basketball team ventured to St. Francis on Dec. 11 for a Woodland Conference meeting and rolled to victory, winning for the fifth time this season with an 87-54 result over the Mariners.
Sophomore guard Evan Hansen scored 15 points for the Pirates. Junior forward Eric Lutzen also had 15 points. Junior forward Steven Mulvey scored 12 points, and sophomore Steven McGowan finished with 11 points.
Senior guard Nick Clement and senior guard Daniel Kemp each chipped in with 6 points for the Pirates, up 50-20 at halftime.
"We pressed them and got a comfortable lead," Pewaukee head boys basketball coach Mike Basile said. "Everyone played and played pretty well. It was important to get back on track."
On Dec. 14, the Pirates travel to Milwaukee Pius.
- State of Play: WisSports football rankings feature Lake Country-area squads
- Girls soccer: Arrowhead girls soccer beats South
- Track and field: Lake Country Lutheran track and field fares well at regional
- Boys golf: Lake Country Lutheran boys golf heads back to sectional
- Boys golf: Arrowhead, Pewaukee golfers move on
- Boys tennis: Arrowhead, Kettle Moraine netters advance
- Baseball: Arrowhead baseball secures two more wins
- Land O’Lakes: Monches, Hartland post Land O'Lakes victories
- Sports scene: Kettle Moraine football endures tough blow with loss of Pfeiffer
- Baseball: Pewaukee baseball team goes 2-1 in first three games