Pewaukee boys score 87 points at St. Francis
Pewaukee's varsity boys basketball team ventured to St. Francis on Dec. 11 for a Woodland Conference meeting and rolled to victory, winning for the fifth time this season with an 87-54 result over the Mariners.
Sophomore guard Evan Hansen scored 15 points for the Pirates. Junior forward Eric Lutzen also had 15 points. Junior forward Steven Mulvey scored 12 points, and sophomore Steven McGowan finished with 11 points.
Senior guard Nick Clement and senior guard Daniel Kemp each chipped in with 6 points for the Pirates, up 50-20 at halftime.
"We pressed them and got a comfortable lead," Pewaukee head boys basketball coach Mike Basile said. "Everyone played and played pretty well. It was important to get back on track."
On Dec. 14, the Pirates travel to Milwaukee Pius.
- Sports Scene: Another meat grinder in race for Classic 8 football conference title
- Sports Shorts 09/03/15
- Charlie's Choices 09/03/15
- Girls tennis: Warhawks tennis team wins twice more
- Girls golf: Arrowhead golfers dominate first league mega meet
- Frank Remarks: Top high-school athletes face backlash when attending out-of-state schools
- Boys soccer: Lake Country Lutheran soccer continues winning ways
- Girls volleyball: Lake Country Lutheran volleyball rolls to 6-0
- Boys soccer: Five-goal second half secures win for Arrowhead kickers
- Boys soccer: Pewaukee kickers stay undefeated