Pewaukee boys score 87 points at St. Francis
Pewaukee's varsity boys basketball team ventured to St. Francis on Dec. 11 for a Woodland Conference meeting and rolled to victory, winning for the fifth time this season with an 87-54 result over the Mariners.
Sophomore guard Evan Hansen scored 15 points for the Pirates. Junior forward Eric Lutzen also had 15 points. Junior forward Steven Mulvey scored 12 points, and sophomore Steven McGowan finished with 11 points.
Senior guard Nick Clement and senior guard Daniel Kemp each chipped in with 6 points for the Pirates, up 50-20 at halftime.
"We pressed them and got a comfortable lead," Pewaukee head boys basketball coach Mike Basile said. "Everyone played and played pretty well. It was important to get back on track."
On Dec. 14, the Pirates travel to Milwaukee Pius.
- Wrestling: Pewaukee wrestler Raschka avenges two prior losses to win national tournament
- Land O’Lakes: Monches gears up for big return to playoffs
- Lake Country Sports Shorts 08/06/15
- Golf Scores 08/06/15
- Polo team falls, then ties
- Lake Country Action Shooters repeat as national champion
- Land O’Lakes: Pewaukee wins regular-season title in Land O'Lakes West
- Land O’Lakes: For first time since 1972, Monches has made Land O'Lakes playoffs
- Football: Former Arrowhead quarterback Ryan Saeger named starter for South Dakota University
- Arrowhead graduate Reinders lighting it up in show skiing