Pewaukee boys score 87 points at St. Francis
Pewaukee's varsity boys basketball team ventured to St. Francis on Dec. 11 for a Woodland Conference meeting and rolled to victory, winning for the fifth time this season with an 87-54 result over the Mariners.
Sophomore guard Evan Hansen scored 15 points for the Pirates. Junior forward Eric Lutzen also had 15 points. Junior forward Steven Mulvey scored 12 points, and sophomore Steven McGowan finished with 11 points.
Senior guard Nick Clement and senior guard Daniel Kemp each chipped in with 6 points for the Pirates, up 50-20 at halftime.
"We pressed them and got a comfortable lead," Pewaukee head boys basketball coach Mike Basile said. "Everyone played and played pretty well. It was important to get back on track."
On Dec. 14, the Pirates travel to Milwaukee Pius.
- Girls soccer: Arrowhead soccer team ties top-ranked Catholic Memorial
- Girls soccer: Kettle Moraine explodes in second half to stay unbeaten
- Girls soccer: Schill scores three for Pewaukee in Woodland opener
- Softball: Pewaukee falls to New Berlin West
- Girls soccer: Lake County Lutheran soccer finds a win after suffering first loss
- Local runners finish at Boston Marathon
- Land O’Lakes: Western Division games begin Sunday
- Sports Scene: Land O'Lakes West begins 94th season Sunday
- Boys lacrosse: Arrowhead lacrosse downs Franklin in opener
- Girls soccer: Last-minute goal wins it for Pewaukee