Pewaukee boys score 87 points at St. Francis
Pewaukee's varsity boys basketball team ventured to St. Francis on Dec. 11 for a Woodland Conference meeting and rolled to victory, winning for the fifth time this season with an 87-54 result over the Mariners.
Sophomore guard Evan Hansen scored 15 points for the Pirates. Junior forward Eric Lutzen also had 15 points. Junior forward Steven Mulvey scored 12 points, and sophomore Steven McGowan finished with 11 points.
Senior guard Nick Clement and senior guard Daniel Kemp each chipped in with 6 points for the Pirates, up 50-20 at halftime.
"We pressed them and got a comfortable lead," Pewaukee head boys basketball coach Mike Basile said. "Everyone played and played pretty well. It was important to get back on track."
On Dec. 14, the Pirates travel to Milwaukee Pius.
- Girls basketball: ULS girls dominate in tournament opener, hold Salam scoreless for three quarters
- Boys basketball: LCL boys down Lomira
- Boys basketball: Arrowhead boys fall to Marquette
- Girls basketball: Lake Country Lutheran girls win tourney opener
- Boys hockey: Lasers hockey co-op on the doorstep of another state tournament after blanking Marquette
- Sports Scene: WIAA postseason sometimes looks like a conference tourney
- Boys basketball: Kettle Moraine boys roll over Edgerton
- Wrestling: Arrowhead sends five wrestlers to state meet
- Lake Country Sports Shorts 02/24/15
- Boys swimming: Pewaukee's Fahey grabs eighth at state swimming meet