Pewaukee boys score 87 points at St. Francis
Pewaukee's varsity boys basketball team ventured to St. Francis on Dec. 11 for a Woodland Conference meeting and rolled to victory, winning for the fifth time this season with an 87-54 result over the Mariners.
Sophomore guard Evan Hansen scored 15 points for the Pirates. Junior forward Eric Lutzen also had 15 points. Junior forward Steven Mulvey scored 12 points, and sophomore Steven McGowan finished with 11 points.
Senior guard Nick Clement and senior guard Daniel Kemp each chipped in with 6 points for the Pirates, up 50-20 at halftime.
"We pressed them and got a comfortable lead," Pewaukee head boys basketball coach Mike Basile said. "Everyone played and played pretty well. It was important to get back on track."
On Dec. 14, the Pirates travel to Milwaukee Pius.
- Girls basketball: Pewaukee close, but Pius remains the Woodland's best
- State of Play: Players should make most of these final high-school basketball moments
- Girls basetball: Arrowhead girls upset Waukesha West, revitalize Classic 8 chase
- Boys basketball: Pirates dial long distance to rack up points against West
- Lake Country Sports Shorts 02/04/16
- Boys basketball: Arrowhead boys take care of Waukesha West
- Girls basketball: Pewaukee's Abby Gerrits one of the school's best
- Girls basketball: Kettle Moraine girls romp over North
- Girls basketball: Gerrits delivers in clutch as Pewaukee wins a big one
- Boys basketball: Two-headed scoring monster leads KM to fifth straight win