Pirates keep foot on gas in victory
St. Francis no match for Pewaukee girls
The Pewaukee press once again did its job Tuesday, and the Pirates girls basketball team coasted to an 80-42 win over St. Francis.
Pewaukee (5-1, 3-1 in Woodland Conference) took a 20-8 lead after one quarter and led at halftime, 38-12.
"We were getting a lot of turnovers and easy baskets," PHS coach Todd Hansen said. "We got on them early and didn't give them any chance, and that was nice to see. We had 11 girls play and 11 girls score, so a lot of kids got minutes and it was definitely a team effort again."
Abby Gerrits led four players in double figures with 19 points on 8 of 8 shooting, and she also finished with five steals. Sarah Caccese had 10 pointes and five rebounds, and Danielle Jasinski added 11 pointes.
Jessie Bacon, a freshman who splits time with JV and varsity, scored 10 points, as well.
"It was nice to see everybody who suited up score," Hansen said. "We were definitely the better team and did what we have to do."
Friday marks a huge battle as league newcomer Milwaukee Pius (5-1) comes to Pewaukee.
Pewaukee 80, St. Francis 42
- Softball: Pewaukee softball squad downs Shorewood
- Boys tennis: Pewaukee takes down Pius in close Woodland battle
- Baseball: Lake Country Lutheran offense has big two days against SJNMA
- Girls soccer: Kettle Moraine goes 1-0-1 against Brookfield teams
- Boys tennis: Kettle Moraine netters open with a sweep
- Girls soccer: Pewaukee soccer cruises to fourth win
- Track and field: Tough going for Pewaukee girls track team
- Softball: Kettle Moraine softball team splits
- Softball: Arrowhead softball team wins twice more
- Boys golf: Arrowhead golfers go 3 for 3