Todarello guides hoops team past Waukesha North
Dom Todarello finished with 14 points and 10 rebounds, and Arrowhead bounced back from a ho-hum first half to take down Waukesha North in a Classic 8 Conference battle on Friday, 50-28.
Arrowhead's lead was just 21-18 at halftime, and North pulled to within a basket when the Warhawks went on a 12-0 run. Todarello had five points and an assist in that stretch.
"Defensively, we were just kind of average in the first half, but they had two baskets in the entire second half," Arrowhead coach Craig Haase said. "I thought our defense was obviously outstanding. Dom Todarello was phenomenal. He's able to get in the lane and make shots in the lane, obviously he was rebounding and did a really nice job for us on both ends of the floor."
Todarello, one of the team's guards, also had three assists.
"He's a physical kid, but he was able to scoot after some that bounced once," Haase said of the rebound total. "But he can also kind of go in after them and go get them."
Kyle Keranen scored 9 points, and Billy Hirschfeld finished with seven rebounds as Arrowhead moved to 7-0 and 3-0 in league play. The Warhawks will face off with an upstart Kettle Moraine team (6-1) on the road Tuesday.
"They have a lot of kids that can score in different ways, and they have some very good players," Haase said. "It's a really big early conference game."
- Football: KM well represented on Classic 8 All-Conference
- Football: A look back at championship Friday
- Warhawks win first skate with additional help
- Boys volleyball: Dittman, Martell honored by state volleyball coaches
- Two Arrowhead football players named All State
- Boys soccer: Pewaukee, Arrowhead honored by state soccer coaches
- Football: Paper Cut: Warhawks settle for silver
- Football: Know the enemy: Kimberly
- Boys volleyball: Martell's rapid rise led to POY honor
- Girls swimming: Jacob one of state's best