Todarello guides hoops team past Waukesha North
Dom Todarello finished with 14 points and 10 rebounds, and Arrowhead bounced back from a ho-hum first half to take down Waukesha North in a Classic 8 Conference battle on Friday, 50-28.
Arrowhead's lead was just 21-18 at halftime, and North pulled to within a basket when the Warhawks went on a 12-0 run. Todarello had five points and an assist in that stretch.
"Defensively, we were just kind of average in the first half, but they had two baskets in the entire second half," Arrowhead coach Craig Haase said. "I thought our defense was obviously outstanding. Dom Todarello was phenomenal. He's able to get in the lane and make shots in the lane, obviously he was rebounding and did a really nice job for us on both ends of the floor."
Todarello, one of the team's guards, also had three assists.
"He's a physical kid, but he was able to scoot after some that bounced once," Haase said of the rebound total. "But he can also kind of go in after them and go get them."
Kyle Keranen scored 9 points, and Billy Hirschfeld finished with seven rebounds as Arrowhead moved to 7-0 and 3-0 in league play. The Warhawks will face off with an upstart Kettle Moraine team (6-1) on the road Tuesday.
"They have a lot of kids that can score in different ways, and they have some very good players," Haase said. "It's a really big early conference game."
- Boys soccer: Kettle Moraine kickers win in a blowout
- Football: Playoff hunt resumes in Week 7
- Boys soccer: Arrowhead kickers forced to settle for another tie
- Land O’Lakes: Guetzke wins LOL MVP award
- Boys soccer: Jende scores five times in win over Rockets
- Sports Shorts: Arrowhead JV tennis wins league title, too
- Golf Scores: 10/02/14
- Sports Scene: Kettle Moraine making progress under Pfeiffer
- Girls swimming: Arrowhead swimmers second
- Girls tennis: Arrowhead heads into WIAA postseason as heavy favorite