Watt, Pewaukee relays reach state
It's on to the WIAA Division 2 state high school track meet for senior T.J. Watt and three Pewaukee High School boys relay teams.
Competing in the Whitewater sectional last Thursday, Watt won both the shot put and discus to earn berths at this week's state meet at Memorial Stadium at UW-La Crosse. Competition will take place on Friday and Saturday.
The Pewaukee girls team did not qualify any entries for the state meet. Top-four finishers in each event in Division 2 and 3 earn state berths.
Watt won the shot put with a personal-best toss of 60 feet, 2 inches. He won that event by eight feet. He then won the discus with a throw of 156-0, also eight feet better than second place.
The 800 team of Collin Hodson, Parker Sefcik, Joe Henderson and Dominik Johnson finished second with a time of 1:31.45. In the 1,600, the combination of Hodson, Sefcik, Johnson and Alex Zabel placed second with a time of 3:24.36.
Pewaukee earned its final state berth in the 3,200 relay with a time of 8:19.12. Running on that team were Ethan Brownell, Nick Roberts, Robert Wagner and Zabel.
"The boys had a very good day in a tough meet," said Pewaukee coach John Kashian. "T.J. Watt had another big day and he should do very well at the state meet. I think our relay teams could do well. They've been getting better and better all season long."
- Girls soccer: Arrowhead soccer team ties top-ranked Catholic Memorial
- Girls soccer: Kettle Moraine explodes in second half to stay unbeaten
- Girls soccer: Schill scores three for Pewaukee in Woodland opener
- Softball: Pewaukee falls to New Berlin West
- Girls soccer: Lake County Lutheran soccer finds a win after suffering first loss
- Local runners finish at Boston Marathon
- Land O’Lakes: Western Division games begin Sunday
- Sports Scene: Land O'Lakes West begins 94th season Sunday
- Boys lacrosse: Arrowhead lacrosse downs Franklin in opener
- Girls soccer: Last-minute goal wins it for Pewaukee