Chargers get first soccer victory against Hartford
Hannah Conant, a senior playing outside midfield for the Hamilton varsity girls soccer team, knocked in the only goal of the match in lifting the Chargers to a 1-0 victory against Hartford on April 11.
"It was a really good shot from about 25 yards away," Hamilton head girls soccer coach Chris Zuzick said.
Senior goalie Hannah Bjorklund earned the shutout in goal for the Chargers (1-4).
Despite losing 3-0 on April 8 against Brookfield Central, Zuzick was impressed.
"We gave up a few goals off a corner kick and two on set pieces, but overall I was happy with our style of play," Zuzick said. "Right now we have to concentrate on our energy the whole match, especially on set plays, both offensively or defensively."
After spring break, the Chargers get the re-start against Divine Savior Holy Angels (4-0), the No. 1 team in the state, on April 29. At that point, the team should have sophomore Taylor Klug back. She's currently sidelined due to a concussion.
"During upcoming practices, we've got to work in several areas, including accuracy in passing and overall team shape," Zuzick added.
- Sussex Sports Shorts 03/04/15
- Wrestling: Hamilton trio leaves state wrestling without a win
- Hamilton bowling team looking to finish strong at state meet
- Girls basketball: Hamilton girls defeated by Germantown in regional
- Boys basketball: Chargers boys hang on again to head into playoffs on a roll
- Sussex Sun Sports Shorts 02/25/15
- Boys basketball: Hamilton avoids second collapse against West Allis Central, moves above .500 in boys basketball
- Boys basketball: Third-quarter buzzer beater gives Hamilton lift over Hale
- Wrestling: State streak continues for Hamilton wrestling program
- Girls basketball: Second-half swoons not enough to keep Hamilton girls from victories