Chargers get first soccer victory against Hartford
Hannah Conant, a senior playing outside midfield for the Hamilton varsity girls soccer team, knocked in the only goal of the match in lifting the Chargers to a 1-0 victory against Hartford on April 11.
"It was a really good shot from about 25 yards away," Hamilton head girls soccer coach Chris Zuzick said.
Senior goalie Hannah Bjorklund earned the shutout in goal for the Chargers (1-4).
Despite losing 3-0 on April 8 against Brookfield Central, Zuzick was impressed.
"We gave up a few goals off a corner kick and two on set pieces, but overall I was happy with our style of play," Zuzick said. "Right now we have to concentrate on our energy the whole match, especially on set plays, both offensively or defensively."
After spring break, the Chargers get the re-start against Divine Savior Holy Angels (4-0), the No. 1 team in the state, on April 29. At that point, the team should have sophomore Taylor Klug back. She's currently sidelined due to a concussion.
"During upcoming practices, we've got to work in several areas, including accuracy in passing and overall team shape," Zuzick added.
- Baseball: Sussex Hamilton freshman baseball had successful year
- Baseball: Massive junior baseball tournament in Sussex this weekend
- Baseball: Sussex Hamilton Baseball did well in difficult Greater Metro
- Baseball: Sussex Hamilton gets hits early and often in playoff win
- Baseball: Season ends for Sussex Hamilton baseball after tight loss to Pius
- Baseball: Sussex Hamilton goes 4-1 in final week of regular season
- Baseball: Hamilton baseball ends season with JV conference-tournament title
- Track and field: Hamilton grad Taylor doesn't qualify for Olympics in 5K
- Baseball: Sussex Hamilton JV baseball finishes first in GMC
- Track and field: Current Hamilton runners jump start running camp