Chargers get first soccer victory against Hartford
Hannah Conant, a senior playing outside midfield for the Hamilton varsity girls soccer team, knocked in the only goal of the match in lifting the Chargers to a 1-0 victory against Hartford on April 11.
"It was a really good shot from about 25 yards away," Hamilton head girls soccer coach Chris Zuzick said.
Senior goalie Hannah Bjorklund earned the shutout in goal for the Chargers (1-4).
Despite losing 3-0 on April 8 against Brookfield Central, Zuzick was impressed.
"We gave up a few goals off a corner kick and two on set pieces, but overall I was happy with our style of play," Zuzick said. "Right now we have to concentrate on our energy the whole match, especially on set plays, both offensively or defensively."
After spring break, the Chargers get the re-start against Divine Savior Holy Angels (4-0), the No. 1 team in the state, on April 29. At that point, the team should have sophomore Taylor Klug back. She's currently sidelined due to a concussion.
"During upcoming practices, we've got to work in several areas, including accuracy in passing and overall team shape," Zuzick added.
- Baseball: Three Chargers named first-team All Conference
- Baseball: Chargers freshman team also enjoyed strong season
- Land O’Lakes: Sussex gets LOL split
- Land O’Lakes: Lannon wins one, loses two
- Baseball: Season ends in sectional for Hamilton baseball team
- Baseball: Hamilton goes on scoring spree in regional final
- Baseball: Hamilton's middle defense knows each other well
- Baseball: Hamilton takes third in conference tournament
- Land O’Lakes: Sussex falls to West Bend
- Land O’Lakes: Lannon gets LOL split