Chargers get first soccer victory against Hartford
Hannah Conant, a senior playing outside midfield for the Hamilton varsity girls soccer team, knocked in the only goal of the match in lifting the Chargers to a 1-0 victory against Hartford on April 11.
"It was a really good shot from about 25 yards away," Hamilton head girls soccer coach Chris Zuzick said.
Senior goalie Hannah Bjorklund earned the shutout in goal for the Chargers (1-4).
Despite losing 3-0 on April 8 against Brookfield Central, Zuzick was impressed.
"We gave up a few goals off a corner kick and two on set pieces, but overall I was happy with our style of play," Zuzick said. "Right now we have to concentrate on our energy the whole match, especially on set plays, both offensively or defensively."
After spring break, the Chargers get the re-start against Divine Savior Holy Angels (4-0), the No. 1 team in the state, on April 29. At that point, the team should have sophomore Taylor Klug back. She's currently sidelined due to a concussion.
"During upcoming practices, we've got to work in several areas, including accuracy in passing and overall team shape," Zuzick added.
- Girls tennis: Hamilton tennis has success with different lineups
- Girls volleyball: Despite setback, Hamilton determined to succeed
- Girls golf: Hamilton golfers begin conference mini meet play
- Football: Hamilton football squad drops opener
- Land O’Lakes: Sussex playoff bid falls short
- Girls golf: Hamilton seniors return to lead an otherwise young group
- Football: Hamilton looks to replace strong graduation class
- Land O’Lakes: Sussex Cardinals lose a heartbreaker
- Gridiron Guide: 2015 Hamilton Chargers football preview
- Land O’Lakes: Lannon endures heartbreaker