Chargers get first soccer victory against Hartford
Hannah Conant, a senior playing outside midfield for the Hamilton varsity girls soccer team, knocked in the only goal of the match in lifting the Chargers to a 1-0 victory against Hartford on April 11.
"It was a really good shot from about 25 yards away," Hamilton head girls soccer coach Chris Zuzick said.
Senior goalie Hannah Bjorklund earned the shutout in goal for the Chargers (1-4).
Despite losing 3-0 on April 8 against Brookfield Central, Zuzick was impressed.
"We gave up a few goals off a corner kick and two on set pieces, but overall I was happy with our style of play," Zuzick said. "Right now we have to concentrate on our energy the whole match, especially on set plays, both offensively or defensively."
After spring break, the Chargers get the re-start against Divine Savior Holy Angels (4-0), the No. 1 team in the state, on April 29. At that point, the team should have sophomore Taylor Klug back. She's currently sidelined due to a concussion.
"During upcoming practices, we've got to work in several areas, including accuracy in passing and overall team shape," Zuzick added.
- Sussex Sports Shorts 01/28/15
- Boys swimming: Indian swim team breaks barriers, takes second in invite
- Boys basketball: Chargers off the mark against West Allis Hale
- Girls basketball: Chargers get it together against West Allis Hale
- Boys basketball: Spartans handle Hamilton boys
- Girls basketball: Hamilton girls split two games in GMC
- Girls hockey: Warhawks lose against Waupaca skaters
- Sussex Sports Shorts 01/21/15
- Wrestling: Fryda's win breaks tie in Hamilton's favor
- Boys hockey: After struggles, Ice Bears find week of success