Chargers get first soccer victory against Hartford
Hannah Conant, a senior playing outside midfield for the Hamilton varsity girls soccer team, knocked in the only goal of the match in lifting the Chargers to a 1-0 victory against Hartford on April 11.
"It was a really good shot from about 25 yards away," Hamilton head girls soccer coach Chris Zuzick said.
Senior goalie Hannah Bjorklund earned the shutout in goal for the Chargers (1-4).
Despite losing 3-0 on April 8 against Brookfield Central, Zuzick was impressed.
"We gave up a few goals off a corner kick and two on set pieces, but overall I was happy with our style of play," Zuzick said. "Right now we have to concentrate on our energy the whole match, especially on set plays, both offensively or defensively."
After spring break, the Chargers get the re-start against Divine Savior Holy Angels (4-0), the No. 1 team in the state, on April 29. At that point, the team should have sophomore Taylor Klug back. She's currently sidelined due to a concussion.
"During upcoming practices, we've got to work in several areas, including accuracy in passing and overall team shape," Zuzick added.
- Boys basketball: Miscues cost Hamilton in battle of undefeateds
- Sports Shorts 12/17/14
- Girls basketball: Hagenow's game winner lifts Hamilton girls
- Wrestling: Hernandez, Biswell help Chargers thrive at tourney
- Boys basketball: Hamilton boys up to challenge against Lancers
- Boys basketball: Hamilton boys adjust rotation, down Slinger
- College football: Hawk Talk: Locals with UWW on to semifinals
- Boys hockey: Ice Bears fall to Arrowhead, Fox Cities
- Boys basketball: Chargers run down Badger in double overtime
- Girls basketball: Chargers turn it around against Tremper, Milton girls