Chargers get first soccer victory against Hartford
Hannah Conant, a senior playing outside midfield for the Hamilton varsity girls soccer team, knocked in the only goal of the match in lifting the Chargers to a 1-0 victory against Hartford on April 11.
"It was a really good shot from about 25 yards away," Hamilton head girls soccer coach Chris Zuzick said.
Senior goalie Hannah Bjorklund earned the shutout in goal for the Chargers (1-4).
Despite losing 3-0 on April 8 against Brookfield Central, Zuzick was impressed.
"We gave up a few goals off a corner kick and two on set pieces, but overall I was happy with our style of play," Zuzick said. "Right now we have to concentrate on our energy the whole match, especially on set plays, both offensively or defensively."
After spring break, the Chargers get the re-start against Divine Savior Holy Angels (4-0), the No. 1 team in the state, on April 29. At that point, the team should have sophomore Taylor Klug back. She's currently sidelined due to a concussion.
"During upcoming practices, we've got to work in several areas, including accuracy in passing and overall team shape," Zuzick added.
- Boys basketball: Hamilton eases past Messmer to open basketball season
- College football: The party continues for WIAC football teams
- Girls soccer: Two Hamilton kickers named to All-State team
- Girls basketball: Defensive switch helps Hamilton get first win
- Boys basketball: Sussex Hamilton boys return with athletic roster
- Women’s soccer: Former Sussex Hamilton soccer stars find success in college
- Girls basketball: Top three scorers back for Sussex Hamilton girls basketball team
- Football: Hamilton football well-represented on All-Conference teams
- Girls swimming: Co-op swimmers go fast, just not fast enough for state
- Girls volleyball: Sussex Hamilton's Dowler named to second team in girls volleyball