Chargers get first soccer victory against Hartford
Hannah Conant, a senior playing outside midfield for the Hamilton varsity girls soccer team, knocked in the only goal of the match in lifting the Chargers to a 1-0 victory against Hartford on April 11.
"It was a really good shot from about 25 yards away," Hamilton head girls soccer coach Chris Zuzick said.
Senior goalie Hannah Bjorklund earned the shutout in goal for the Chargers (1-4).
Despite losing 3-0 on April 8 against Brookfield Central, Zuzick was impressed.
"We gave up a few goals off a corner kick and two on set pieces, but overall I was happy with our style of play," Zuzick said. "Right now we have to concentrate on our energy the whole match, especially on set plays, both offensively or defensively."
After spring break, the Chargers get the re-start against Divine Savior Holy Angels (4-0), the No. 1 team in the state, on April 29. At that point, the team should have sophomore Taylor Klug back. She's currently sidelined due to a concussion.
"During upcoming practices, we've got to work in several areas, including accuracy in passing and overall team shape," Zuzick added.
- Boys golf: Krystowiak leads Chargers at Westmoor
- Girls soccer: Sussex Hamilton kickers keep on winning
- Land O’Lakes: Sussex drops LOL opener
- Track and field: Sussex Hamilton track and field teams place third in Badger
- Softball: Sussex Hamilton softball breaks losing streak
- Boys tennis: Sussex Hamilton boys tennis adapts and shows depth
- Realignment: Starting in 2017-18, Greater Metro Conference will have a new look
- Sussex Sports Shorts 04/27/16
- Track and field: Sussex Hamilton track and field gets plenty of wins at invites
- Boys golf: Sussex Hamilton golf competes at Waukesha County tournament