Chargers get first soccer victory against Hartford
Hannah Conant, a senior playing outside midfield for the Hamilton varsity girls soccer team, knocked in the only goal of the match in lifting the Chargers to a 1-0 victory against Hartford on April 11.
"It was a really good shot from about 25 yards away," Hamilton head girls soccer coach Chris Zuzick said.
Senior goalie Hannah Bjorklund earned the shutout in goal for the Chargers (1-4).
Despite losing 3-0 on April 8 against Brookfield Central, Zuzick was impressed.
"We gave up a few goals off a corner kick and two on set pieces, but overall I was happy with our style of play," Zuzick said. "Right now we have to concentrate on our energy the whole match, especially on set plays, both offensively or defensively."
After spring break, the Chargers get the re-start against Divine Savior Holy Angels (4-0), the No. 1 team in the state, on April 29. At that point, the team should have sophomore Taylor Klug back. She's currently sidelined due to a concussion.
"During upcoming practices, we've got to work in several areas, including accuracy in passing and overall team shape," Zuzick added.
- Boys hockey: Hamilton players have hand in Ice Bears win
- Girls basketball: Hamilton girls ready to tip season in Brookfield
- Athletes at College: Reimer ends college career in Minnesota
- Athletes at College: Sussex natives head into NCAA postseason
- Girls swimming: Pilo takes final plunge at state
- Football: Poenitsch lauded for line play
- Girls volleyball: Speckin second team, but first rate for Hamilton
- Athletes at College: Hamilton alums lead Oshkosh soccer
- Athletes at College: Paulson traded helmet for stopwatch
- Girls swimming: As Indian swimmers end on an up note, Pilo looks to state