Chargers get first soccer victory against Hartford
Hannah Conant, a senior playing outside midfield for the Hamilton varsity girls soccer team, knocked in the only goal of the match in lifting the Chargers to a 1-0 victory against Hartford on April 11.
"It was a really good shot from about 25 yards away," Hamilton head girls soccer coach Chris Zuzick said.
Senior goalie Hannah Bjorklund earned the shutout in goal for the Chargers (1-4).
Despite losing 3-0 on April 8 against Brookfield Central, Zuzick was impressed.
"We gave up a few goals off a corner kick and two on set pieces, but overall I was happy with our style of play," Zuzick said. "Right now we have to concentrate on our energy the whole match, especially on set plays, both offensively or defensively."
After spring break, the Chargers get the re-start against Divine Savior Holy Angels (4-0), the No. 1 team in the state, on April 29. At that point, the team should have sophomore Taylor Klug back. She's currently sidelined due to a concussion.
"During upcoming practices, we've got to work in several areas, including accuracy in passing and overall team shape," Zuzick added.
- Softball: Hamilton loss doesn't dampen enthusiasm of new softball field
- Track and field: Sussex Hamilton track and field gets plenty through to sectionals
- College track and field: Sussex Hamilton graduate Nicole Zeman qualifies for nationals
- Boys tennis: Sussex Hamilton boys tennis takes fifth at conference tournament
- Girls soccer: Sussex Hamilton girls soccer loses twice
- Boys golf: Sussex Hamilton boys golf ends conference season on high note
- Baseball: Sussex Hamilton baseball holds off South Milwaukee in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Lannon edges Sussex in 10 innings
- Boys golf: Longtime Sussex Hamilton boys golf coach Stan Grove to retire after 53 seasons (1)
- Track and field: Sussex Hamilton finishes in second place at Menomonee Falls Invite