Chargers get first soccer victory against Hartford
Hannah Conant, a senior playing outside midfield for the Hamilton varsity girls soccer team, knocked in the only goal of the match in lifting the Chargers to a 1-0 victory against Hartford on April 11.
"It was a really good shot from about 25 yards away," Hamilton head girls soccer coach Chris Zuzick said.
Senior goalie Hannah Bjorklund earned the shutout in goal for the Chargers (1-4).
Despite losing 3-0 on April 8 against Brookfield Central, Zuzick was impressed.
"We gave up a few goals off a corner kick and two on set pieces, but overall I was happy with our style of play," Zuzick said. "Right now we have to concentrate on our energy the whole match, especially on set plays, both offensively or defensively."
After spring break, the Chargers get the re-start against Divine Savior Holy Angels (4-0), the No. 1 team in the state, on April 29. At that point, the team should have sophomore Taylor Klug back. She's currently sidelined due to a concussion.
"During upcoming practices, we've got to work in several areas, including accuracy in passing and overall team shape," Zuzick added.
- Boys swimming: Brown wins twice for swimming co-op against Marquette
- Sussex Sports Shorts 02/03/16
- Boys hockey: Germantown Ice Bears lose heartbreaker
- Boys basketball: Sussex Hamilton boys in second place in conference after wins
- Girls basketball: Hamilton girls get 13th and 14th wins of season
- Wrestling: Sussex Hamilton wrestles to a fourth-place finish at the Pirate Duals
- Wrestling: Sussex Hamilton wins fourth Greater Metro Conference dual meet
- Boys swimming: Co-op swimmers start upward ascent at own invite
- Boys basketball: Hartung's strong shooting leads Sussex Hamilton
- Boys hockey: Germantown Ice Bears lose another close contest