The Hamilton varsity boys and girls track and field teams were at the Greater Metro Conference Outdoor Championships on May 20 held at Hamilton, taking fourth place on the girls side (101 points) and fifth on the boys side (85).
Brookfield East swept the competition, scoring 180.5 points for the girls title and 161 for the boys.
Bianca Stubler, a freshman, continued her impressive spring, flying to victory in the 400-meter dash with a time of 59.82. She was the only competitor under a minute in the race.
"Bianca continues to improve," Hamilton head girls track coach Ben Nysse said.
Stubler, Nicole Pena, Mari Feudner and Katie Pollari breezed to victory in the 4x400-meter relay with a time of 4:06.60, winning by nearly 12 seconds over second place Wauwatosa East.
"The 4x400 relay was dominant from start to finish," Nysse said.
Feudner placed second in the 200 at 26.16, and Claire Birk was second in the 300 hurdles at 49.69. Meghan Joyner was fourth in the 300 hurdles at 50.39 and fourth in the 100 hurdles with a time of 16.32. Birk raced fifth in the latter event at 16.54.
The Chargers were second in the 4x100 with a time of 51.51 with Katlynn Mushall, Feudner, Sammy Hagenow and Birk.
"I challenged the 4x100 team to shave at least a second off of their time, or we might have to reorganize for the regional," Nysse said. "They responded by going 1.3 seconds faster. With rest, I think we can get another second off."
Courtney Lewinski placed fourth in the shot put at 32 feet, 11 inches. She ended up in fifth place in the discus at 88-10.
For the boys, Joel Fotsch won the 110 hurdles at 14.48. Chais Blackburn was fourth at 15.30.
Blackburn and Fotsch reversed roles in the 300 hurdles, as Blackburn was in front at 39.51 and Fotsch placed second with a time of 40.29. The two figure to make a powerful 1-2 hurdles punch during the WIAA postseason as well, beginning with Tuesday's regional and the WIAA sectional May 30.
Austin Mitzel won the shot put at 49-5 1/2, and Brett Buehler raced third in the 400 at 50.29. Noah Nagel was fourth in the discus at 134-4. Robby Little was fifth in the 1,600 with a time of 4:33.46.
Once again, the WIAA state track and field Meet will be at the University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse on June 6-7.
- Girls volleyball: Sussex Hamilton volleyball's 5K event takes place July 30
- Baseball: Sussex Hamilton freshman baseball had successful year
- Baseball: Massive junior baseball tournament in Sussex this weekend
- Baseball: Sussex Hamilton Baseball did well in difficult Greater Metro
- Baseball: Sussex Hamilton gets hits early and often in playoff win
- Baseball: Season ends for Sussex Hamilton baseball after tight loss to Pius
- Baseball: Sussex Hamilton goes 4-1 in final week of regular season
- Baseball: Hamilton baseball ends season with JV conference-tournament title
- Track and field: Hamilton grad Taylor doesn't qualify for Olympics in 5K
- Baseball: Sussex Hamilton JV baseball finishes first in GMC