Ellingson sighting lifts Hamilton spirits
He's back. Brady Ellingson made his return to the hardwood, immediately boosting the confidence of the Hamilton varsity boys basketball team.
Ellingson missed two games with illness against West Allis Central and Wisconsin Lutheran, both defeats, but Ellingson practiced on Jan. 16 and started on Friday against Brookfield East. It was all Hamilton in a 76-36 victory.
"It's amazing what one player can do for you," Hamilton head boys basketball coach Andy Cerroni said. "His presence gave everyone on the team that needed confidence. After getting beaten in every phase of the game against Wisconsin Lutheran on Wednesday, I felt we were at a crossroads, wondering what was going to happen. We couldn't be happier to get Brady back."
Ellingson, winded after practice on Thursday, tied Mitch Geszvain for game-high scoring honors against the Spartans with 18 points on 7 for 15 shooting to go along with four rebounds and three assists in 20 minutes of action.
Jacob Hartung finished with 8 points. Drew Patterson, Jacob Rink, Sam Olson, Matt Buehler, Charlie Drazewski, Michael Barnes and Jack Geels all scored. Will Watkins had four rebounds and four assists for the Chargers.
"With three minutes remaining, we got everyone in, and that was also a good feeling," Cerroni said. "No one would believe how hard they work every day in practice."
Jimmy Engelhart scored 10 points for Brookfield East.
Hamilton (7-5 overall, 3-2 in Greater Metro) plays against West Allis Hale. On Jan. 28 the Chargers go up against Menomonee Falls.
Brookfield Central is the current league leader at 5-0. Menomonee Falls and West Allis Central are both one game back at 4-1.
- Baseball: Sussex Hamilton freshman baseball had successful year
- Baseball: Massive junior baseball tournament in Sussex this weekend
- Baseball: Sussex Hamilton Baseball did well in difficult Greater Metro
- Baseball: Sussex Hamilton gets hits early and often in playoff win
- Baseball: Season ends for Sussex Hamilton baseball after tight loss to Pius
- Baseball: Sussex Hamilton goes 4-1 in final week of regular season
- Baseball: Hamilton baseball ends season with JV conference-tournament title
- Track and field: Hamilton grad Taylor doesn't qualify for Olympics in 5K
- Baseball: Sussex Hamilton JV baseball finishes first in GMC
- Track and field: Current Hamilton runners jump start running camp