Ellingson sighting lifts Hamilton spirits
He's back. Brady Ellingson made his return to the hardwood, immediately boosting the confidence of the Hamilton varsity boys basketball team.
Ellingson missed two games with illness against West Allis Central and Wisconsin Lutheran, both defeats, but Ellingson practiced on Jan. 16 and started on Friday against Brookfield East. It was all Hamilton in a 76-36 victory.
"It's amazing what one player can do for you," Hamilton head boys basketball coach Andy Cerroni said. "His presence gave everyone on the team that needed confidence. After getting beaten in every phase of the game against Wisconsin Lutheran on Wednesday, I felt we were at a crossroads, wondering what was going to happen. We couldn't be happier to get Brady back."
Ellingson, winded after practice on Thursday, tied Mitch Geszvain for game-high scoring honors against the Spartans with 18 points on 7 for 15 shooting to go along with four rebounds and three assists in 20 minutes of action.
Jacob Hartung finished with 8 points. Drew Patterson, Jacob Rink, Sam Olson, Matt Buehler, Charlie Drazewski, Michael Barnes and Jack Geels all scored. Will Watkins had four rebounds and four assists for the Chargers.
"With three minutes remaining, we got everyone in, and that was also a good feeling," Cerroni said. "No one would believe how hard they work every day in practice."
Jimmy Engelhart scored 10 points for Brookfield East.
Hamilton (7-5 overall, 3-2 in Greater Metro) plays against West Allis Hale. On Jan. 28 the Chargers go up against Menomonee Falls.
Brookfield Central is the current league leader at 5-0. Menomonee Falls and West Allis Central are both one game back at 4-1.
- College football: The party continues for WIAC football teams
- Girls soccer: Two Hamilton kickers named to All-State team
- Girls basketball: Defensive switch helps Hamilton get first win
- Boys basketball: Sussex Hamilton boys return with athletic roster
- Women’s soccer: Former Sussex Hamilton soccer stars find success in college
- Girls basketball: Top three scorers back for Sussex Hamilton girls basketball team
- Football: Hamilton football well-represented on All-Conference teams
- Girls swimming: Co-op swimmers go fast, just not fast enough for state
- Girls volleyball: Sussex Hamilton's Dowler named to second team in girls volleyball
- Boys soccer: Provan and Krolczyk named first-team All Conference in Greater Metro soccer