Measuring itself against its Waukesha County peers, the Hamilton boys golf team showed it more than belonged, taking second place among 20 teams at the Waukesha County Inivte at Wanaki on May 17.
The Chargers fired 313, five strokes behind champion Catholic Memorial, two ahead of third-place Mukwonago and well ahead of its peers from the Greater Metro Conference.
Nate Hermsen shot 75, tying for second place with three other golfers. Dylan Patscot of Kettle Moraine won the individual title with a 71.
Austin Kendziorski added 76 to tie for sixth place in the field.
Hamilton finished in fourth place at the 13-team Bender Invite at West Bend Lake Golf Course on May 16, firing 324.
Kendziorski was the top player for Hamilton with 75. Bennett Gilsinger had a season low 78, Tim Russell shot 80, Hermsen finished with 91 and Tim Boston shot 94.
On May 14, the Chargers were just a shot behind Milwaukee Marquette at Currie Park in a Greater Metro Conference mini-meet. The Chargers finished with 156. Kendziorski shot 34, Hermsen shot 37, Russell 42, Boston 43 and Gilsinger 45.
At Silver Spring on May 16, the junior varsity team defeated Waukesha West, 180-196. Carter Krystiak shot 43 for Hamilton. Ben Herda was next with 48, and Adam Asmussen and Shaunak Kulkarni had a scramble score of 46.
On May 15 at Washington County, the junior varsity team ended up second with 196. Slinger was first with 182, and Kettle Moraine Lutheran posted 209.
Krystowiak shot 49, and Herda shot 54. Alec Shafer and Tom DeGeorge, playing best ball, carded 46. Jake Ritter and Alex Doering played a scramble format and finished with 47.
- Boys tennis: Hamilton sweeps through own Chargers Quad
- Softball: Hamilton wins five of six
- Girls soccer: Chargers have good showing at Iowa tournament
- Boys golf: Hamilton golfers finish sixth in 25-team meet
- Track and field: State's fastest relay helps Hamilton girls to fourth at Badger Invite
- Land O’Lakes: Lannon wins, Sussex falls in LOL West
- Sussex Sports Shorts 04/29/15
- Boys tennis: Hamilton boys tennis team takes down defending champ
- Girls soccer: Chargers soccer team lands first win of season
- Softball: HHS goes 1-1 over two-game stretch