The season continued for eight Hamilton wrestlers after competition Saturday in the WIAA Division 1 regional at Menomonee Falls, including one regional champion.
Jake Macaluso won his flight at 220 pounds, with top-four finishers getting a spot in this Saturday's sectional at Milwaukee Vincent. Macaluso (25-17) won a 3-2 decision over Michael Schubert of Cedarburg in the final to take the title.
Vince Pascale (20-19, 113 pounds) and Brad Biswell (31-11, heavyweight) both took third place.
"We came up short at a couple more weights, but I feel we are in good position to get a handful of kids on to the state tournament, but they will need to earn that spot," said coach Doug Pulvermacher.
Others advancing included Ryan Hernandez, a conference champion who grabbed a 7-6 decision in a do-or-die battle with Tyler Simcock of Menomonee Falls to take fourth place at 160.
Other fourth-place efforts came from Gino Senymanola at 138, Brett Neverman at 126, Ryan Merkel at 145 and Dylan Klemstein at 120.
- Boys track and field: Jasinski reaches new heights for Hamilton boys
- Softball: Hamilton softball team drops opener to Brookfield Central
- Girls soccer: Hamilton kickers ready to show strides made indoors on the pitch
- Softball: Vesely leads returnees for Hamilton softball
- Boys track and field: Jasinski, relay lead Hamilton boys track at Carthage
- Girls track and field: Sophomore trio and newcomer set relay record for Chargers
- Track and field: Former Hamilton athletes dazzle in college
- Sussex Sports Shorts 03/18/15
- Girls basketball: Klug named first team All-Conference in Greater Metro
- Girls basketball: Injuries created challenge for Hamilton girls basketball team