The season continued for eight Hamilton wrestlers after competition Saturday in the WIAA Division 1 regional at Menomonee Falls, including one regional champion.
Jake Macaluso won his flight at 220 pounds, with top-four finishers getting a spot in this Saturday's sectional at Milwaukee Vincent. Macaluso (25-17) won a 3-2 decision over Michael Schubert of Cedarburg in the final to take the title.
Vince Pascale (20-19, 113 pounds) and Brad Biswell (31-11, heavyweight) both took third place.
"We came up short at a couple more weights, but I feel we are in good position to get a handful of kids on to the state tournament, but they will need to earn that spot," said coach Doug Pulvermacher.
Others advancing included Ryan Hernandez, a conference champion who grabbed a 7-6 decision in a do-or-die battle with Tyler Simcock of Menomonee Falls to take fourth place at 160.
Other fourth-place efforts came from Gino Senymanola at 138, Brett Neverman at 126, Ryan Merkel at 145 and Dylan Klemstein at 120.
- Wrestling: Hamilton falls for first time in GMC dual meets
- Sussex Sports Shorts 01/28/15
- Boys swimming: Indian swim team breaks barriers, takes second in invite
- Boys basketball: Chargers off the mark against West Allis Hale
- Girls basketball: Chargers get it together against West Allis Hale
- Boys basketball: Spartans handle Hamilton boys
- Girls basketball: Hamilton girls split two games in GMC
- Girls hockey: Warhawks lose against Waupaca skaters
- Sussex Sports Shorts 01/21/15
- Wrestling: Fryda's win breaks tie in Hamilton's favor