The season continued for eight Hamilton wrestlers after competition Saturday in the WIAA Division 1 regional at Menomonee Falls, including one regional champion.
Jake Macaluso won his flight at 220 pounds, with top-four finishers getting a spot in this Saturday's sectional at Milwaukee Vincent. Macaluso (25-17) won a 3-2 decision over Michael Schubert of Cedarburg in the final to take the title.
Vince Pascale (20-19, 113 pounds) and Brad Biswell (31-11, heavyweight) both took third place.
"We came up short at a couple more weights, but I feel we are in good position to get a handful of kids on to the state tournament, but they will need to earn that spot," said coach Doug Pulvermacher.
Others advancing included Ryan Hernandez, a conference champion who grabbed a 7-6 decision in a do-or-die battle with Tyler Simcock of Menomonee Falls to take fourth place at 160.
Other fourth-place efforts came from Gino Senymanola at 138, Brett Neverman at 126, Ryan Merkel at 145 and Dylan Klemstein at 120.
- Boys hockey: Hamilton players have hand in Ice Bears win
- Girls basketball: Hamilton girls ready to tip season in Brookfield
- Athletes at College: Reimer ends college career in Minnesota
- Athletes at College: Sussex natives head into NCAA postseason
- Girls swimming: Pilo takes final plunge at state
- Football: Poenitsch lauded for line play
- Girls volleyball: Speckin second team, but first rate for Hamilton
- Athletes at College: Hamilton alums lead Oshkosh soccer
- Athletes at College: Paulson traded helmet for stopwatch
- Girls swimming: As Indian swimmers end on an up note, Pilo looks to state