The season continued for eight Hamilton wrestlers after competition Saturday in the WIAA Division 1 regional at Menomonee Falls, including one regional champion.
Jake Macaluso won his flight at 220 pounds, with top-four finishers getting a spot in this Saturday's sectional at Milwaukee Vincent. Macaluso (25-17) won a 3-2 decision over Michael Schubert of Cedarburg in the final to take the title.
Vince Pascale (20-19, 113 pounds) and Brad Biswell (31-11, heavyweight) both took third place.
"We came up short at a couple more weights, but I feel we are in good position to get a handful of kids on to the state tournament, but they will need to earn that spot," said coach Doug Pulvermacher.
Others advancing included Ryan Hernandez, a conference champion who grabbed a 7-6 decision in a do-or-die battle with Tyler Simcock of Menomonee Falls to take fourth place at 160.
Other fourth-place efforts came from Gino Senymanola at 138, Brett Neverman at 126, Ryan Merkel at 145 and Dylan Klemstein at 120.
- Sussex Sports Shorts 03/04/15
- Wrestling: Hamilton trio leaves state wrestling without a win
- Hamilton bowling team looking to finish strong at state meet
- Girls basketball: Hamilton girls defeated by Germantown in regional
- Boys basketball: Chargers boys hang on again to head into playoffs on a roll
- Sussex Sun Sports Shorts 02/25/15
- Boys basketball: Hamilton avoids second collapse against West Allis Central, moves above .500 in boys basketball
- Boys basketball: Third-quarter buzzer beater gives Hamilton lift over Hale
- Wrestling: State streak continues for Hamilton wrestling program
- Girls basketball: Second-half swoons not enough to keep Hamilton girls from victories