The season continued for eight Hamilton wrestlers after competition Saturday in the WIAA Division 1 regional at Menomonee Falls, including one regional champion.
Jake Macaluso won his flight at 220 pounds, with top-four finishers getting a spot in this Saturday's sectional at Milwaukee Vincent. Macaluso (25-17) won a 3-2 decision over Michael Schubert of Cedarburg in the final to take the title.
Vince Pascale (20-19, 113 pounds) and Brad Biswell (31-11, heavyweight) both took third place.
"We came up short at a couple more weights, but I feel we are in good position to get a handful of kids on to the state tournament, but they will need to earn that spot," said coach Doug Pulvermacher.
Others advancing included Ryan Hernandez, a conference champion who grabbed a 7-6 decision in a do-or-die battle with Tyler Simcock of Menomonee Falls to take fourth place at 160.
Other fourth-place efforts came from Gino Senymanola at 138, Brett Neverman at 126, Ryan Merkel at 145 and Dylan Klemstein at 120.
- Realignment: Starting in 2017-18, Greater Metro Conference will have a new look
- Sussex Sports Shorts 04/27/16
- Track and field: Sussex Hamilton track and field gets plenty of wins at invites
- Boys golf: Sussex Hamilton golf competes at Waukesha County tournament
- Softball: Sussex Hamilton softball drops four games
- Girls soccer: Sussex Hamilton soccer is on a roll
- Boys tennis: Sussex Hamilton's doubles lineup shines at Madison East tournament
- Softball: Sussex Hamilton goes 2-3 for the week
- Boys golf: Sussex Hamilton golfers finish sixth in mini meet
- Track and field: Sussex Hamilton thrives in cold weather meet