The season continued for eight Hamilton wrestlers after competition Saturday in the WIAA Division 1 regional at Menomonee Falls, including one regional champion.
Jake Macaluso won his flight at 220 pounds, with top-four finishers getting a spot in this Saturday's sectional at Milwaukee Vincent. Macaluso (25-17) won a 3-2 decision over Michael Schubert of Cedarburg in the final to take the title.
Vince Pascale (20-19, 113 pounds) and Brad Biswell (31-11, heavyweight) both took third place.
"We came up short at a couple more weights, but I feel we are in good position to get a handful of kids on to the state tournament, but they will need to earn that spot," said coach Doug Pulvermacher.
Others advancing included Ryan Hernandez, a conference champion who grabbed a 7-6 decision in a do-or-die battle with Tyler Simcock of Menomonee Falls to take fourth place at 160.
Other fourth-place efforts came from Gino Senymanola at 138, Brett Neverman at 126, Ryan Merkel at 145 and Dylan Klemstein at 120.
- Softball: Hamilton loss doesn't dampen enthusiasm of new softball field
- Track and field: Sussex Hamilton track and field gets plenty through to sectionals
- College track and field: Sussex Hamilton graduate Nicole Zeman qualifies for nationals
- Boys tennis: Sussex Hamilton boys tennis takes fifth at conference tournament
- Girls soccer: Sussex Hamilton girls soccer loses twice
- Boys golf: Sussex Hamilton boys golf ends conference season on high note
- Baseball: Sussex Hamilton baseball holds off South Milwaukee in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Lannon edges Sussex in 10 innings
- Boys golf: Longtime Sussex Hamilton boys golf coach Stan Grove to retire after 53 seasons (1)
- Track and field: Sussex Hamilton finishes in second place at Menomonee Falls Invite