The season continued for eight Hamilton wrestlers after competition Saturday in the WIAA Division 1 regional at Menomonee Falls, including one regional champion.
Jake Macaluso won his flight at 220 pounds, with top-four finishers getting a spot in this Saturday's sectional at Milwaukee Vincent. Macaluso (25-17) won a 3-2 decision over Michael Schubert of Cedarburg in the final to take the title.
Vince Pascale (20-19, 113 pounds) and Brad Biswell (31-11, heavyweight) both took third place.
"We came up short at a couple more weights, but I feel we are in good position to get a handful of kids on to the state tournament, but they will need to earn that spot," said coach Doug Pulvermacher.
Others advancing included Ryan Hernandez, a conference champion who grabbed a 7-6 decision in a do-or-die battle with Tyler Simcock of Menomonee Falls to take fourth place at 160.
Other fourth-place efforts came from Gino Senymanola at 138, Brett Neverman at 126, Ryan Merkel at 145 and Dylan Klemstein at 120.
- Baseball: Three Chargers named first-team All Conference
- Baseball: Chargers freshman team also enjoyed strong season
- Land O’Lakes: Sussex gets LOL split
- Land O’Lakes: Lannon wins one, loses two
- Baseball: Season ends in sectional for Hamilton baseball team
- Baseball: Hamilton goes on scoring spree in regional final
- Baseball: Hamilton's middle defense knows each other well
- Baseball: Hamilton takes third in conference tournament
- Land O’Lakes: Sussex falls to West Bend
- Land O’Lakes: Lannon gets LOL split