The season continued for eight Hamilton wrestlers after competition Saturday in the WIAA Division 1 regional at Menomonee Falls, including one regional champion.
Jake Macaluso won his flight at 220 pounds, with top-four finishers getting a spot in this Saturday's sectional at Milwaukee Vincent. Macaluso (25-17) won a 3-2 decision over Michael Schubert of Cedarburg in the final to take the title.
Vince Pascale (20-19, 113 pounds) and Brad Biswell (31-11, heavyweight) both took third place.
"We came up short at a couple more weights, but I feel we are in good position to get a handful of kids on to the state tournament, but they will need to earn that spot," said coach Doug Pulvermacher.
Others advancing included Ryan Hernandez, a conference champion who grabbed a 7-6 decision in a do-or-die battle with Tyler Simcock of Menomonee Falls to take fourth place at 160.
Other fourth-place efforts came from Gino Senymanola at 138, Brett Neverman at 126, Ryan Merkel at 145 and Dylan Klemstein at 120.
- Girls basketball: Brookfield East's blitzing run gives Hamilton girls tough loss
- Boys swimming: Brown wins twice for swimming co-op against Marquette
- Sussex Sports Shorts 02/03/16
- Boys hockey: Germantown Ice Bears lose heartbreaker
- Boys basketball: Sussex Hamilton boys in second place in conference after wins
- Girls basketball: Hamilton girls get 13th and 14th wins of season
- Wrestling: Sussex Hamilton wrestles to a fourth-place finish at the Pirate Duals
- Wrestling: Sussex Hamilton wins fourth Greater Metro Conference dual meet
- Boys swimming: Co-op swimmers start upward ascent at own invite
- Boys basketball: Hartung's strong shooting leads Sussex Hamilton