The season continued for eight Hamilton wrestlers after competition Saturday in the WIAA Division 1 regional at Menomonee Falls, including one regional champion.
Jake Macaluso won his flight at 220 pounds, with top-four finishers getting a spot in this Saturday's sectional at Milwaukee Vincent. Macaluso (25-17) won a 3-2 decision over Michael Schubert of Cedarburg in the final to take the title.
Vince Pascale (20-19, 113 pounds) and Brad Biswell (31-11, heavyweight) both took third place.
"We came up short at a couple more weights, but I feel we are in good position to get a handful of kids on to the state tournament, but they will need to earn that spot," said coach Doug Pulvermacher.
Others advancing included Ryan Hernandez, a conference champion who grabbed a 7-6 decision in a do-or-die battle with Tyler Simcock of Menomonee Falls to take fourth place at 160.
Other fourth-place efforts came from Gino Senymanola at 138, Brett Neverman at 126, Ryan Merkel at 145 and Dylan Klemstein at 120.
- College football: The party continues for WIAC football teams
- Girls soccer: Two Hamilton kickers named to All-State team
- Girls basketball: Defensive switch helps Hamilton get first win
- Boys basketball: Sussex Hamilton boys return with athletic roster
- Women’s soccer: Former Sussex Hamilton soccer stars find success in college
- Girls basketball: Top three scorers back for Sussex Hamilton girls basketball team
- Football: Hamilton football well-represented on All-Conference teams
- Girls swimming: Co-op swimmers go fast, just not fast enough for state
- Girls volleyball: Sussex Hamilton's Dowler named to second team in girls volleyball
- Boys soccer: Provan and Krolczyk named first-team All Conference in Greater Metro soccer