The season continued for eight Hamilton wrestlers after competition Saturday in the WIAA Division 1 regional at Menomonee Falls, including one regional champion.
Jake Macaluso won his flight at 220 pounds, with top-four finishers getting a spot in this Saturday's sectional at Milwaukee Vincent. Macaluso (25-17) won a 3-2 decision over Michael Schubert of Cedarburg in the final to take the title.
Vince Pascale (20-19, 113 pounds) and Brad Biswell (31-11, heavyweight) both took third place.
"We came up short at a couple more weights, but I feel we are in good position to get a handful of kids on to the state tournament, but they will need to earn that spot," said coach Doug Pulvermacher.
Others advancing included Ryan Hernandez, a conference champion who grabbed a 7-6 decision in a do-or-die battle with Tyler Simcock of Menomonee Falls to take fourth place at 160.
Other fourth-place efforts came from Gino Senymanola at 138, Brett Neverman at 126, Ryan Merkel at 145 and Dylan Klemstein at 120.
- Sussex Sports Shorts 04/29/15
- Boys tennis: Hamilton boys tennis team takes down defending champ
- Girls soccer: Chargers soccer team lands first win of season
- Softball: HHS goes 1-1 over two-game stretch
- Girls track and field: Hamilton takes third at own invite
- Land O’Lakes: Lannon no-hit in season opener
- Boys golf: Golfers win invite to highlight busy week
- Boys track and field: Jasinski breaks school record for Hamilton in pole vault
- Girls track and field: Chargers girls led again by relay teams
- Softball: Hamilton earns first two wins over three-day stretch