The season continued for eight Hamilton wrestlers after competition Saturday in the WIAA Division 1 regional at Menomonee Falls, including one regional champion.
Jake Macaluso won his flight at 220 pounds, with top-four finishers getting a spot in this Saturday's sectional at Milwaukee Vincent. Macaluso (25-17) won a 3-2 decision over Michael Schubert of Cedarburg in the final to take the title.
Vince Pascale (20-19, 113 pounds) and Brad Biswell (31-11, heavyweight) both took third place.
"We came up short at a couple more weights, but I feel we are in good position to get a handful of kids on to the state tournament, but they will need to earn that spot," said coach Doug Pulvermacher.
Others advancing included Ryan Hernandez, a conference champion who grabbed a 7-6 decision in a do-or-die battle with Tyler Simcock of Menomonee Falls to take fourth place at 160.
Other fourth-place efforts came from Gino Senymanola at 138, Brett Neverman at 126, Ryan Merkel at 145 and Dylan Klemstein at 120.
- Baseball: Sussex Hamilton freshman baseball had successful year
- Baseball: Massive junior baseball tournament in Sussex this weekend
- Baseball: Sussex Hamilton Baseball did well in difficult Greater Metro
- Baseball: Sussex Hamilton gets hits early and often in playoff win
- Baseball: Season ends for Sussex Hamilton baseball after tight loss to Pius
- Baseball: Sussex Hamilton goes 4-1 in final week of regular season
- Baseball: Hamilton baseball ends season with JV conference-tournament title
- Track and field: Hamilton grad Taylor doesn't qualify for Olympics in 5K
- Baseball: Sussex Hamilton JV baseball finishes first in GMC
- Track and field: Current Hamilton runners jump start running camp