The season continued for eight Hamilton wrestlers after competition Saturday in the WIAA Division 1 regional at Menomonee Falls, including one regional champion.
Jake Macaluso won his flight at 220 pounds, with top-four finishers getting a spot in this Saturday's sectional at Milwaukee Vincent. Macaluso (25-17) won a 3-2 decision over Michael Schubert of Cedarburg in the final to take the title.
Vince Pascale (20-19, 113 pounds) and Brad Biswell (31-11, heavyweight) both took third place.
"We came up short at a couple more weights, but I feel we are in good position to get a handful of kids on to the state tournament, but they will need to earn that spot," said coach Doug Pulvermacher.
Others advancing included Ryan Hernandez, a conference champion who grabbed a 7-6 decision in a do-or-die battle with Tyler Simcock of Menomonee Falls to take fourth place at 160.
Other fourth-place efforts came from Gino Senymanola at 138, Brett Neverman at 126, Ryan Merkel at 145 and Dylan Klemstein at 120.
- Boys golf: Hermsen leads Hamilton golfers to first-place finish
- Softball: Hamilton softball drops two in conference
- Girls soccer: Hamilton scores four in second half, downs Oconomowoc
- Football: Combine a chance for football players to show off talents
- Track and field: HHS girls enjoy success at relays
- Boys tennis: Hamilton netters go undefeated for the week
- Land O’Lakes: Sussex edges Cooney in Land O'Lakes baseball, 3-1
- Softball: Hamilton drops softball contest to Hale
- Sussex Sports Shorts 05/06/15
- Boys track and field: Jasinski on the rise for Hamilton track and field