Rentmeester delivers winner for Ice Bears
Hamilton senior Evan Rentmeester scored 1:33 into overtime, and the Germantown Ice Bears co-op topped North Shore Conference leader Cedarburg on Jan. 8, 5-4.
Rentmeester also added an assist on a second-period goal that gave the Ice Bears a 3-1 lead, an advantage that disappeared when Cedarburg roared back for a 3-1 advantage in thet hird period, including a power play goal with less than 1:30 to play and a game-tying goal with 26 seconds to go.
It was Cedarburg's first league loss of the season, and the Bulldogs had already defeated the Ice Bears twice on the year. The Ice Bears (8-9 overall) also defeated Whitefish Bay on Jan. 10, 7-1, and fell to Homestead the following day, 6-1.
Nick Peterson scored twice with an assist in the victory over Cedarburg, Alec Fieldhack and Jake Tweten added goals and Trevor Herzberg finished with two assists. Mitchell Emory, Taylor Curtis, Tyler Fisher and Nate Breckenridge also posted assists.
The Ice Bears enjoyed a 41-25 shots advantage against the Whitefish Bay Storm, with goals from Peterson, Breckenridge (2), Mitch Kinnunen, Theran Wanta, Ryan Ruona, and Fieldhack. Rentmeester had an assist, and Hamilton's Andrew Ullmann saved 24 of 25.
Peter Schmidt scored in the loss to Homestead. The Ice Bears were outshot, 42-18. The Ice Bears move to 4-3 in North Shore play, looking up at Cedarburg (7-1) and Homestead (6-2).
- Girls tennis: Hamilton tennis has success with different lineups
- Girls volleyball: Despite setback, Hamilton determined to succeed
- Girls golf: Hamilton golfers begin conference mini meet play
- Football: Hamilton football squad drops opener
- Land O’Lakes: Sussex playoff bid falls short
- Girls golf: Hamilton seniors return to lead an otherwise young group
- Football: Hamilton looks to replace strong graduation class
- Land O’Lakes: Sussex Cardinals lose a heartbreaker
- Gridiron Guide: 2015 Hamilton Chargers football preview
- Land O’Lakes: Lannon endures heartbreaker