Rentmeester delivers winner for Ice Bears
Hamilton senior Evan Rentmeester scored 1:33 into overtime, and the Germantown Ice Bears co-op topped North Shore Conference leader Cedarburg on Jan. 8, 5-4.
Rentmeester also added an assist on a second-period goal that gave the Ice Bears a 3-1 lead, an advantage that disappeared when Cedarburg roared back for a 3-1 advantage in thet hird period, including a power play goal with less than 1:30 to play and a game-tying goal with 26 seconds to go.
It was Cedarburg's first league loss of the season, and the Bulldogs had already defeated the Ice Bears twice on the year. The Ice Bears (8-9 overall) also defeated Whitefish Bay on Jan. 10, 7-1, and fell to Homestead the following day, 6-1.
Nick Peterson scored twice with an assist in the victory over Cedarburg, Alec Fieldhack and Jake Tweten added goals and Trevor Herzberg finished with two assists. Mitchell Emory, Taylor Curtis, Tyler Fisher and Nate Breckenridge also posted assists.
The Ice Bears enjoyed a 41-25 shots advantage against the Whitefish Bay Storm, with goals from Peterson, Breckenridge (2), Mitch Kinnunen, Theran Wanta, Ryan Ruona, and Fieldhack. Rentmeester had an assist, and Hamilton's Andrew Ullmann saved 24 of 25.
Peter Schmidt scored in the loss to Homestead. The Ice Bears were outshot, 42-18. The Ice Bears move to 4-3 in North Shore play, looking up at Cedarburg (7-1) and Homestead (6-2).
- Land O’Lakes: Lannon visit Bulldogs on Sunday
- Land O’Lakes: Sussex hosts Monches on Sunday
- Baseball: Hamilton baseball team has two for the show
- Baseball: Chargers bid adieu to talented senior baseball class
- Baseball: Three Chargers named first-team All Conference
- Baseball: Chargers freshman team also enjoyed strong season
- Land O’Lakes: Sussex gets LOL split
- Land O’Lakes: Lannon wins one, loses two
- Baseball: Season ends in sectional for Hamilton baseball team
- Baseball: Hamilton goes on scoring spree in regional final