Athletes At College 03/14/12
Several Hamilton High School alums have found success in college athletics.
The school's all time leading scorer in boys basketball, Kam Cerroni, played in all 30 games this winter for the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay men's basketball team this winter. Cerroni, a sophomore, started 19 games for the Phoenix, averaging 7.9 points per game. He was 82.6 percent at the free throw line this year and shot nearly 45 percent from the field.
Steven Pratt is a sophomore on the Milwaukee Area Technical College men's basketball team that will compete in the NJCAA Division III Men's National Championships on Thursday. Pratt, a sophomore, was a four-year member of the Hamilton boys basketball program under head coach Andy Cerroni. This year, Pratt scored 89 points for the Stormers.
Former Hamilton student-athlete Jamie Destache is a freshman on the UW Stevens Point woman's basketball team. Destache appeared in 11 games this winter for the Pointers.
Zach Kozlowski, who is listed as the team's starting first baseman this spring, enters his senior season for the Carthage College men's baseball team. Kozlowski, a three-time letter winner for the Redman, started all four years for the Hamilton High School varsity baseball team.
Andrew Faber is a freshman on the Concordia University men's track and field team specializing in throws.
Talisa Emberts is a key member of the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire women's track and field team this spring. Emberts, a senior, is a sprinter for the Blugolds. Brooke Patterson is a freshman on the UW-Eau Claire women's track and field roster.
- Compiled by Chris Schuck
- Boys soccer: Strong competition pushes Hamilton, but Chargers tie Whitefish Bay
- Preps Alcove: Is there a scenario where Hamilton gets in the playoffs regardless of Friday's result?
- Girls tennis: Hamilton tennis program honors athletes
- Templeton eighth-grade football team wins a close one
- Girls volleyball: Hamilton spikers collect key wins at tournament
- Cross country: Hamilton runners hope for high finishes at conference meet
- Football: Hamilton win sets up tough test against Brookfield East
- Templeton runners have successful week
- Girls tennis: Hamilton tennis season ends, but next year brings excitement
- Boys soccer: Hamilton kickers win sixth straight