The Jan. 10 game between Waukesha and Arrowhead's boys hockey teams has been postponed and will be played later this winter at an as-yet undetermined date.

Something has to give on Dec. 10 at the Naga-Waukee Ice Arena. That's when two undefeated Classic 8 Conference boys hockey teams will battle for sole possession of first place.

The Waukesha Wings lead the standings with a 4-0 mark, and Arrowhead is next at 3-0. The puck will drop at 7 p.m.

"It's a big game for both teams," said Arrowhead coach Carl Valimont. "We're both playing well and have won a lot of games. There are no secrets between the two of us. The guys know each other well. It should be a great game."

Arrowhead comes into the showdown riding a 12-game winning streak. The Warhawks are 13-1. Waukesha lost Friday night and comes into the game with an 11-2 record. Waukesha was ranked third in last week's state poll, and Arrowhead was ranked fifth.

Arrowhead won two games late last week, downing visiting  Janesville by a 5-3 score on Jan. 5 and then rallying for a win over St. Mary's Springs of Fond du Lac on Jan. 7, 3-2.

"Those were two good wins for the guys," Valimont said. "Janesville gave us a tough game, and then we beat a very good St. Mary's Springs team. They had us down by a 2-0 score late in the second period. Falling behind and then coming back to win tells you something about these guys. They know they have to play hard from the start to the finish to be successful. That's how we beat Springs. The guys gave it everything until the horn sounded."

In the win over Janesville (5-7) the Warhawks got two goals from Caleb Beversdorf and one each from Dylan Cox, Ben Beversdorf and Tyler Trivett. Elijah Tormala collected a pair of assists in the game and Will Bonk and Cox had one each.

Goalie Peter Genatempo faced 15 shots and turned back 12.

On Jan. 7, neither team scored in the first period before the Springs (8-5) took a 2-0 goal lead with five minutes to play in the second period.

Arrowhead got its first goal with just 51 seconds remaining in the second period when Jaxson Carr scored. Caleb Beversdorf and Tormala had assists on that goal.

Trailing 2-1 going into the final stanza, the momentum from that late second period goal carried over into the final period as the Warhawks tied the score just 35 seconds into the period when Tormala scored a power play goal. Cox assisted on that score.

Just 34 seconds later, Arrowhead got the game winner when Tormala connected again, this time getting assists from Carr and Caleb Beversdorf. That goal came with 15:51 still to play in the game.

Goalie Aaron Nicholson of the Warhawks  turned in a strong performance, saving 18 of 20 shots and holding Springs scoreless in the final 21:51.

"Nicholson had a good night in the goal and the guys played outstanding defense around him," Valimont said. "We're playing with a lot of confidence right now. But we know none of that means anything come Tuesday. We've got a tough game to get ready for. It's a big deal for both teams."